List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few players that don't seem to be as highly rated by list management as the general public it seems. You'd certainly want some premium mids already lined up if you were moving him on. I hope we don't gut the list off the back of one season of kids out performing the usual standard.

He seems to have good attitude and is defensive so can't wok out why Lyon would consider it. In all likelihood it might be a way for Lyon to give him a good hard kick up the arse and drive him to be the absolute best he can be. He has been developed in sides that as long as you got through being vaguely competitive you got called a star. Trying to extract that last 30% is harder with some players.
It doesn’t seem a great relationship between the two

Bumped into McCartney (GWS GM) in the lounge before my flight home this morning.
Had a chat about footy, brought up Jack Steele and he said the news he's been hearing recently is we're trying to get rid of him...
Watch this space on the Steele rumours I guess lmao
No 2023 on field loss, just saying.
Boss doesn't rate him as a Leader it seems.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

It doesn’t seem a great relationship between the two

You'd think that at a minimum that that's the end of his captaincy then. Hard to have a captain that is frosty with the coach.

You would think some of the blokes on here and (you would really hope) at the club would back in a guy that has done so much for the club in the recent past and through no real fault of his own is in a slump. Fickle supporters I can understand but if the club trades Steeley I will be blown away

In Twomey’s defence, when he raised Steele’s name he said it something along the lines of “because it’s been raised with by people from other clubs more than once in the last two days”.

And the tone of which he said it was very defiant as his co-host really questioned him why he brought it up again (assuming they talked about it in their show the day prior) so I don’t think he’d just be making it up.

Last edited:
You would think some of the blokes on here and (you would really hope) at the club would back in a guy that has done so much for the club in the recent past and through no real fault of his own is in a slump. Fickle supporters I can understand but if the club trades Steeley I will be blown away

Typically Captains are seen as unobtainable by opposition, and its seen as a low act if their club trades them.

In Twomey’s defence, when he raised Steele’s name he said it something along the lines of “because it’s been raised with by people from other clubs more than once in the last two days”.

And the tone of which he said it was very defiant as his co-host really questioned him why he brought it up again (assuming they talked about it in their show the day prior) so I don’t think he’d just be making it up.
Two first rounds minimum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to believe the club is already making enquires to offload Steele. It would be the sort of disrespect that can put the noses of more than just the player concerned out of joint.

I don’t think Twomey has any credible inside information at all.

Having said that I would think long and hard if GC were offering something outrageous like Flanders + Bing + 4 in exchange for Steele + 13 + 32

We obviously wouldn't trade Steele lol. Twomey just made some dumb comment about it once.

Twice.

And his claim was that he heard whispers from clubland in two consecutive weeks.

I don’t think Twomey is lying. I just don’t think there’s anything to it.

Having said that I would think long and hard if GC were offering something outrageous like Flanders + Bing + 4 in exchange for Steele + 13 + 32

mUzfMra.gif

I find it hard to believe the club is already making enquires to offload Steele. It would be the sort of disrespect that can put the noses of more than just the player concerned out of joint.

That would be a contender for the worst trade of all time from a suns POV

Can't buy into this to be honest. I'd back Steele to get back to his best playing for St.Kilda, maybe not as captain though.
The only way I can see this eventuating is if we already have a better option coming in, and I reckon that's doubtful.

My gut tells me something is up with Steele

I have a feeling he's not loving Ross as coach

Like I said, just a feeling

Regardless.... he's had a poor year

Twice.

And his claim was that he heard whispers from clubland in two consecutive weeks.

I don’t think Twomey is lying. I just don’t think there’s anything to it.

He's talking to to many Essendon people who are delusional.

Flanders and Bing for a future 1st and an eff ton of 2nd round picks which we might have. Even trade down our current 1st to get another 2nd who cares. Howard, Clark, Gresh = 4 2nd round picks available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back