List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanders and Bing for a future 1st and an eff ton of 2nd round picks which we might have. Even trade down our current 1st to get another 2nd who cares. Howard, Clark, Gresh = 4 2nd round picks available.
This is just made up crap.

This is just made up crap.

Yes. I literally just made it up. I think everyone can see that, they’re just having fun with it.

I reckon Wilkie has become the spiritual leader down at Moorabbin now, and is likely to assume the next Captaincy at some time. I would hope that gives Steele some clear space to really work on getting his body right.

I wouldn’t care if we gave Steele the flick if we got overs for him, I’ve watched him closely this year and tbh leadership is non existent, ball use is average and looks like him and Ross don’t see eye to eye

its a bit weird that Steele has been given the tagging role.
Is it to give more opportunities to the younger players, or because he's underrated by RL.
I think it's just been a way to get him involved. His form has been poor for most of the season, it made sense to let him run with the oppositions best and his form actually improved as a result.

Absolute nonsense trading Steele. Yes he’s not having a great year by his standards, but he is banged up with his shoulder and knee, and is still soldering on to a decent standard. The bloke carried us for 3 years to an all Australian standard, he’s still got another 3 or 4 years left of decent footy. It’s not a video game where cashing in for any decent player before they lose value is the way forward, this stuff pisses on the fabric of the club, it’s culture, relationships and respect. A lot better off for him staying, teaching the young kids hard work and professionalism, while still playing to a high standard. Love ya steeley, go saints

Absolute nonsense trading Steele. Yes he’s not having a great year by his standards, but he is banged up with his shoulder and knee, and is still soldering on to a decent standard. The bloke carried us for 3 years to an all Australian standard, he’s still got another 3 or 4 years left of decent footy. It’s not a video game where cashing in for any decent player before they lose value is the way forward, this stuff pisses on the fabric of the club, it’s culture, relationships and respect. A lot better off for him staying, teaching the young kids hard work and professionalism, while still playing to a high standard. Love ya steeley, go saints

Wasn't going that great last year either. I am not pro trading him(unsure tbh), just pointing out his form is in decline.

The guy is only captain because we have had a total lack of leadership over the last decade. If you ranked all the clubs captains, he'd probably be near the bottom of that list. Being skipper means nothing in this case.
I don’t disagree, personally I prefer Wilkie as skipper but Maybe that’ll happen next season.
Maybe a win/ win, as Steele may be better off without the burden of captaincy!
Still, don’t believe he shouted traded.

Wasn't going that great last year either. I am not pro trading him(unsure tbh), just pointing out his form is in decline.
His not great form in 2022 was him polling Brownlow votes in 4/8 games before he did his AC joint and averaging roughly 28 disposals, 6 clearances, 7 tackles a game. He took time to get going after coming back early from the injury but still had some great games on the run home too.

It's a credit to him as a player that that could be considered a form decline.

I wouldn’t care if we gave Steele the flick if we got overs for him, I’ve watched him closely this year and tbh leadership is non existent, ball use is average and looks like him and Ross don’t see eye to eye

Steele has always been a very good ball user for a mid. Punting your best players is very risky. Until this year he was either our best or second best player for a long time.

Our midfield looks thin on talent and numbers. Taking him and Gresham out is skinning it down to Crouch and Hunter Clark with a few kids who are not going to have linear development. I hope that it's a way push him to be his best.

His not great form in 2022 was him polling Brownlow votes in 4/8 games before he did his AC joint and averaging roughly 28 disposals, 6 clearances, 7 tackles a game. He took time to get going after coming back early from the injury but still had some great games on the run home too.

It's a credit to him as a player that that could be considered a form decline.

Don't care what his numbers or brownlow votes were, he looked well down on previous years displays. This year he's taken it to another level again. Such is his form decline that us pursuing a ready made mid that's good to go that can have an immediate impact is a priority.

With all the Flanders talk, i am not opposed to a godfather offer of say 900k to lure him down here.

Steele has always been a very good ball user for a mid. Punting your best players is very risky. Until this year he was either our best or second best player for a long time.

Our midfield looks thin on talent and numbers. Taking him and Gresham out is skinning it down to Crouch and Hunter Clark with a few kids who are not going to have linear development. I hope that it's a way push him to be his best.
Indeed…we need to add to our midfield mix, not reduce it!!

Hunter is gone too, got a feeling a few people on here are going to lose their shit during trade season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunter is gone too, got a feeling a few people on here are going to lose their s**t during trade season

I think we are going to open the books and see who wants what, hoping to do a Port Adelaide and tempt someone into overpaying for one or two GOPs. Doesn't mean we'll do a full strip out. Getting the vibe that we are going to money ball a few GOPs with potential back in at a lower cost. Ross likes a role player.

Hunter is gone too, got a feeling a few people on here are going to lose their s**t during trade season
The issue will be that we knocked back picks 19 and 37 for him last year and will be lucky to get anything close to that now

We were ridiculously greedy with the asking price last year and that will bite us in the arse now

Moneyball picks will not do it. Last night we saw a faster and better skilled Bris against us. If Daniher had kicked straight game was over at quarter time.

We could not take a one on one contested mark whereas they did. They looked a slight bit quicker than us...only slight though.

Having the luxury of Rayner as a roaming forward and still have yhe quality of Mcluggage Berry Bailey and Neale et al. shows us the different levels.

Clearly, next year Pou is heading to the middle as with Owens adding a Parish or Flanders would help refresh what we have.

We do not have an early draft pick so getting a mid to go straight in and impact ain't happening and the draft is a bit thin on the ground for mids.

We need a clearance extractor preferably with kicking skills and another skilled kicker to take the ball inside 50 as a priority.

As does every club mind you. Gresh is not the answer...Clarke is not durable or quick sadly and are both replacable.

Maybe we just go hard at the draft and see if 3 20 plus picks yields us something decent and take Dow for not much.

Be interesting to see how it plays out.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

its a bit weird that Steele has been given the tagging role.
Is it to give more opportunities to the younger players, or because he's underrated by RL.
My feel is the former.
Either through trusting him for that role, or trusting him to do that role plus help the kids grow.
If there is one thing that I have learned this year, it is that Ross will ask his senior players to play a role in order to support the team and the kids.

What would tempt a Steele trade (hypothetically speaking, since I find it very hard to believe it’s on the table and I don’t think it’s being given any heavy consideration).

A first rounder? How high of a first rounder? Or a first rounder and someone else ?

No chance you would get two first rounders.

Unless it’s involves a player swap in the mix?

Once again, just hypotheticals in my opinion, but there are people out there who think he is gettable?

How long since a club has put their captain on the trade table? Not including those that have left against the club wishes. The bad press alone would be a stop to it in my opinion.

Moneyball picks will not do it. Last night we saw a faster and better skilled Bris against us. If Daniher had kicked straight game was over at quarter time.

We could not take a one on one contested mark whereas they did. They looked a slight bit quicker than us...only slight though.

Having the luxury of Rayner as a roaming forward and still have yhe quality of Mcluggage Berry Bailey and Neale et al. shows us the different levels.

Clearly, next year Pou is heading to the middle as with Owens adding a Parish or Flanders would help refresh what we have.

We do not have an early draft pick so getting a mid to go straight in and impact ain't happening and the draft is a bit thin on the ground for mids.

We need a clearance extractor preferably with kicking skills and another skilled kicker to take the ball inside 50 as a priority.

As does every club mind you. Gresh is not the answer...Clarke is not durable or quick sadly and are both replacable.

Maybe we just go hard at the draft and see if 3 20 plus picks yields us something decent and take Dow for not much.

Be interesting to see how it plays out.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Watching the cattle Bris has running around makes you realise how far off we truly are.

Should have been a shallacking.

What would tempt a Steele trade (hypothetically speaking, since I find it very hard to believe it’s on the table and I don’t think it’s being given any heavy consideration).

A first rounder? How high of a first rounder? Or a first rounder and someone else ?

No chance you would get two first rounders.

Unless it’s involves a player swap in the mix?

Once again, just hypotheticals in my opinion, but there are people out there who think he is gettable?

How long since a club has put their captain on the trade table? Not including those that have left against the club wishes. The bad press alone would be a stop to it in my opinion.
It’s two first. Buts it’s not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back