List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheating in general i'd suggest.
Before it was drug cheating it was Salary Cap cheating.

In 1996, a joint investigation between the Australian Football League and the Australian Tax Office into Essendons finances found that the club had breached the salary cap by more than $514,000 between 1991 and 1996. The investigation started when the AFL was notified of the existence of a document showing that Mark Harvey had received more than $30,000 in incentives outside of his official contract in 1997.

The Bombers were fined $388,000 for both salary cap breaches and draft tampering and hit with a further $250,000 in back taxes by the ATO. The AFL also stripped Essendon of their first two picks in the 1999 national draft and froze them out of the pre-season and rookie drafts entirely.
Funny how people forget this as the years go on. Those scumbags should be left out in the dog house till the end of time.

Cheating in general i'd suggest.
Before it was drug cheating it was Salary Cap cheating.

In 1996, a joint investigation between the Australian Football League and the Australian Tax Office into Essendons finances found that the club had breached the salary cap by more than $514,000 between 1991 and 1996. The investigation started when the AFL was notified of the existence of a document showing that Mark Harvey had received more than $30,000 in incentives outside of his official contract in 1997.

The Bombers were fined $388,000 for both salary cap breaches and draft tampering and hit with a further $250,000 in back taxes by the ATO. The AFL also stripped Essendon of their first two picks in the 1999 national draft and froze them out of the pre-season and rookie drafts entirely.
Arrogant tossers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always rated his kicking. He rarely turns the ball over by foot and is a true inside mid. I think he goes at about 75% over his whole career which for an inside extractor would be up with the best of them. Guys like Wines would be lucky to go at 65%.

I reckon Steele could have huge year next year if he can stay fit and Lyon can burn him into extracting an extra 10% out of himself. Having some depth on ball spreads the load and lets our better mids get off a tight minder. Steele's best year was when we had some rotations and probably had Paddy Ryder feeding them a bit cleaner.

I reckon Jack could be in for a good year next year too. I hope so, anyway.

I still don't rate his field kicking. I don't think we have any mids who are good kicks. Steele, Crouch, Jones... even Clark is a shocker at times. Gresh was woeful. It's a part of why our delivery inside 50 has been poor. When Sincs goes in the guts we look different, because he can hit targets. I don't trust Steele or Crouch to hit players lace out like I would with players like Kelly, Pendles, De goey, Dusty etc.

Our midfield aren't good kicks, Steele included.

Yes we need to win the ball, but the game is easier if you can hit targets.

Whatever the pick is?, still don't hand it over to Freeo for Henry

I had a read of the Freo trade thread last night and gees they are angry that Henry has asked for a trade. They know they are losing a player who is just starting to blossom and consequently want our first round selection for him. Freo traded out all the early picks in last years trade period so they are putting all the balls in this basket.

The Dogs have traded out their early picks and the first they have remaining is now #38. Unless their is a swap for Lobb, #38 will be the best we get for Coffield. Hopefully we get pick #13 compo for Gresham, then we can offer either pick #32 or #38 or a F2nd for Henry.

I think Twomey is just referring to the media seeing the deal and the compensation, not Gresham. If he is officially going, then he knows the deal. If he was moving without knowing the deal, he should be suing his manager for professional misconduct and gross negligence!!
And if he knows the deal, we know the deal including likely compo.

And since he has now nominated the Dons, then we aren't going to match.

I had a read of the Freo trade thread last night and gees they are angry that Henry has asked for a trade. They know they are losing a player who is just starting to blossom and consequently want our first round selection for him. Freo traded out all the early picks in last years trade period so they are putting all the balls in this basket.

The Dogs have traded out their early picks and the first they have remaining is now #38. Unless their is a swap for Lobb, #38 will be the best we get for Coffield. Hopefully we get pick #13 compo for Gresham, then we can offer either pick #32 or #38 or a F2nd for Henry.

Um....if you go shopping and you don't have money, that's not an acceptable excuse to negotiate a discount.
I'm thinking future first now. Flogs. Shit , they traded it, future second.

I reckon Jack could be in for a good year next year too. I hope so, anyway.

I still don't rate his field kicking. I don't think we have any mids who are good kicks. Steele, Crouch, Jones... even Clark is a shocker at times. Gresh was woeful. It's a part of why our delivery inside 50 has been poor. When Sincs goes in the guts we look different, because he can hit targets. I don't trust Steele or Crouch to hit players lace out like I would with players like Kelly, Pendles, De goey, Dusty etc.

Our midfield aren't good kicks, Steele included.

Yes we need to win the ball, but the game is easier if you can hit targets.
Really miss the days of Harvey, Dal Santo, Montagna, Hayes, Goddard.
Hitting targets for fun..

Now we celebrate a pin point forward entry like Christmas has come early :)

I don't think we would match as we may have to keep him for 3 years at $600K plus which would not be something we would want to do I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back