List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodoro - Sheil is NOT on the table and will be at Essendon in 2024

Happy New Year GIF
This trade period is already a win then!

Tom Morris saying Dow could be done for a future 4th. Absolute steal if that's the case. Basically getting him for free considering the 4th likely wouldn't be used to select a player
Sounds about right.

He’s a slightly better version of bytel. In that similar age midfielder does well at vfl level played out of position or dropped a lot in the seniors.

We straight up delisted bytel.

I’d say he’s a bit worse than coffield who we’ll probably lose for a 3rd. Same draft as Coff and both have not been able to play to that potential yet over the last few years.

Pies interested in Billings… I want so bad for this bloke to have a couple of stellar years because you can tell he wants it and cares but gee it’ll break my heart to see him do it at Collingwood.
Where on earth is he playing at Collingwood???

He wasn’t 100% a lock in our 22 this season is he pushing out bobby hill, Josh daicos, Steele sidebottom, Elliot?

Should stick with us

So now our only players unsigned are:
Gresham - Essendon
Coffield - Bulldogs
Clark - ?
McKenzie - ?
Campbell - 1 year deal?
Highmore - ?

At the moment we have 20 players out of contract next year and that will probably increase if any of the above get a 1 year deal

Where on earth is he playing at Collingwood???

He wasn’t 100% a lock in our 22 this season is he pushing out bobby hill, Josh daicos, Steele sidebottom, Elliot?

Should stick with us
Better player than Ginnovan and McCreery up forward. Plus Sidebottom is 33 in January and the cliff can come quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think more clubs will try this technique in drafts. The guys taken in the top 6 picks most year are a much higher strike rate and they already have a great list. They get Croft who is a top 10 pick anyway so turn 3 average FRDPs into one probably high level player and get one free. They don't need heaps more players, they need to start to condense quality. They get to exploit the dumb AFL rules again because Croft was one of those FR picks gone anyway.
Their recruiting of Lobb was completely non sensical given they had Darcy & knowing Croft would be added.

Lmao. More seriously I’d compare him to a Dan butler or a Jack Higgins. What did we give up for them?
We gave up a bit for Higgins, I think it was an upgrade of Richmond’s first and a second round pick. Butler was a third rounder, I think that’s about the best we could hope for given we’re keen to move him on and he’s keen to go.

We gave up a bit for Higgins, I think it was an upgrade of Richmond’s first and a second round pick. Butler was a third rounder, I think that’s about the best we could hope for given we’re keen to move him on and he’s keen to go.

17 + el classico future 2nd out
Higgins + 21 + not quite as good future 4th (Tigers) in.

Butler we got for pick 56.

Is Ash Johnson in the Pies plans going forward?

Will Kelly any good?

They like Charlie Dean but his injuries might mean he's on the outer?

Gotta be someone on the fringes that could take an opportunity with us in exchange for Billings.

Two preseason draftees straight into the 22, but both Henry and Shiel on the bench.

Mate… you need to go have a lie down.
A positional reason for that 23, you're not going to have all of Crouch, Dow, Henry, Hill, Shiel, Steele on the field at the same time, use rotation.
Shiel staying at the Bumbers, Thank God

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back