Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder with the crows if they might be open to a trade down. If Jagga Smith happens to be there at the crows pick, coukd Richmond come for our pick, drop back to say 6 and maybe do a swap of F1's?. Richmond have kept close tabs on Smith and if they took Lalor at 1, it allows them to get smith as well in this draft.

I would not rule out something happening on draft night out of left field

Someone may do that trade but not Richmond. They will have P1 next year. St kilda might do it for example and they need a player like Smith.

Obviously we're no longer going to get the weights of draftees which I can't honestly see the point of but do you know if there's any that have had a decent growth spurt height wise since preseason measuring?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe so, although our F1 may be a bottom 4-6 pick too based on the coaches record so our F1 might be quite attractive still
Mate, you're dreaming. If we trade pick 6 it'll be to get pick 2 or 3. There's no way in hell we'll trade our F1. I don't even reckon we're as in love with Jagga as the media and some posters in this thread would have you believe. FOS and Lalor our clear 1-2, and I reckon Langford is our #3.

Cripps is a handball first in and under ball winner. He really has no need for a good 20m sprint compared to Langford who needs to create space to maximize his damaging ball use by foot.

I don't think the comparison has much merit.
I can tell you Cripps runs just under 3 sec these days for 20 metres sprints
His preseason training season in Perth last year worked on his sprints and got his time right down

Mate, you're dreaming. If we trade pick 6 it'll be to get pick 2 or 3. There's no way in hell we'll trade our F1. I don't even reckon we're as in love with Jagga as the media and some posters in this thread would have you believe. FOS and Lalor our clear 1-2, and I reckon Langford is our #3.
You say that, but Tigers' F1 for pick 3 would be a trade you hate now but look back on as being genius.

I can tell you Cripps runs just under 3 sec these days for 20 metres sprints
His preseason training season in Perth last year worked on his sprints and got his time right down
Wouldn't surprise me. He's a very different athlete to what he was drafted as. My concern would be that Langford is probably closer to a 'professional' than Cripps was at the same age, so I'm not sure if he'd have the same ability to improve upon his athletic ability as Cripps did.

Some shots of Finn O"Sullivan during the agility test:
Finn O'Sullivan - Combine-2.jpg

Finn O'Sullivan - Combine-1.jpg

Some shots of Jagga Smith:
Jagga Smith - Combine-1.jpg

Jagga Smith - Combine-2.jpg

Tobie Travaglia:
Tobie Travaglia - Combine-1.jpg

Leo Lombard:
Leo Lombard - Combine-2.jpg

Leo Lombard - Combine-1.jpg

Harvey Langford: