Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone can tell me or know where I can find all the F/S and NGA kids that clubs are likely to take this year? Trying to make a massive phantum draft but not sure about the more unknown 'priority access' kids

Anyone can tell me or know where I can find all the F/S and NGA kids that clubs are likely to take this year? Trying to make a massive phantum draft but not sure about the more unknown 'priority access' kids
Richmond's only one is Zaydyn Lockwood. Probably more rookie.

I’m with you, some of the picks here are way off imo. No Ben Campo in top 30? Usually RMC so spot on, but they drank six stubbies watching the last VicM Vs VicC game and ranked them on that.
Yeah I'm normally pretty aligned with RMC most years but this year's rankings seem way off. I know I'm the lone one out with FOS but Lalor in the top 5 ahead of Lombard who's been killing it all year is a bit mind boggling.

As others have said, unusually even draft crop this year so I guess we're going to see some serious differences in opinion.

Yeah I'm normally pretty aligned with RMC most years but this year's rankings seem way off. I know I'm the lone one out with FOS but Lalor in the top 5 ahead of Lombard who's been killing it all year is a bit mind boggling.

As others have said, unusually even draft crop this year so I guess we're going to see some serious differences in opinion.
Mate you’re not the only one that’s questioning FOS I was on our board a few weeks back too. Went about as well for me as it has for you in here.

I’m with you, some of the picks here are way off imo. No Ben Campo in top 30? Usually RMC so spot on, but they drank six stubbies watching the last VicM Vs VicC game and ranked them on that.
I like seeing against the norm of what Twomey and others suggest

At the end of the day anyone can do that. All they do is listen, look at stats, see who played 18s last year and come to a very similar list.

I want to see the ones that rate the Phoenix Gothards above the norm ect

Recruiters have fairly different spots for players to Twomey

But its still pretty stock standard

They dont rate Travaglia and Langford as much as others do. Maybe can add the inside Campo to that aswell. Id not heard of Tauru so good to see they rate a name like that

RMC are the main "others", after Twomey.
At the end of the day anyone can do that. All they do is listen, look at stats, see who played 18s last year and come to a very similar list.
A lot of people are watching the U18 footy these days, not just the National Championships. There's a lot of posters here who are at CTL games every week. Others at SANFL and WAFL colts, etc.

For years, the main criticism of Twomey is that he gets a lot of his information that influence his ranking from recruiters.

They don't rate Travaglia and Langford as much as others do. Maybe can add the inside Campo to that as well. I'd not heard of Tauru so good to see they rate a name like that
Twomey put Tauru on the map two weeks ago, talking him up on his AFL Vlog.

I just watched the the Championships final and this may be an unpopular opinion, but it made me super high on Sims. The glimpses of speed and power he showed, ability to launch at 199cm with some smart leading patterns... I like him a lot. His kicking for goal was wayward but his actual action looked fine, so that doesn't worry me too much.

They dont rate Travaglia and Langford as much as others do. Maybe can add the inside Campo to that aswell. Id not heard of Tauru so good to see they rate a name like that
The top 10 of Twomey's first phantom form guide every year (i.e. July) usually has the vast majority of players who end up going top 10, so I reckon he goes pretty well.

By that logic FOS wouldn't be top 10 🤠

July
1​
Levi Ashcroft
2​
Josh Smillie
3​
Finn O'Sullivan
4​
Harvey Langford
5​
Murphy Reid
6​
Jagga Smith
7​
Luke Trainor
8​
Sam Lalor
9​
Sid Draper
10​
Bo Allan
11​
Leonardo Lombard
12​
Taj Hotton
13​
Tobie Travaglia
14​
Harry Armstrong
15​
Isaac Kako
16​
Xavier Lindsay
17​
Joe Berry
18​
Jack Whitlock
19​
Cooper Hynes
20​
Tom Gross
21​
Samuel Marshall
22​
Christian Moraes
23​
Alex Dodson
24​
Alix Tauru
25​
Harrison Oliver
26​
Matt Whitlock
27​
Jobe Shanahan
28​
Jonty Faull
29​
Thomas Sims
30​
Noah Mraz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top 10 of Twomey's first phantom form guide every year (i.e. July) usually has the vast majority of players who end up going top 10, so I reckon he goes pretty well.
Yeh his info is spot on for the top 10

Just mean a guy he may have at 9 other clubs may have at 5 ect

But was more talking post 10 where clubs tend to have a different view

He took a long time to have Gothard anywhere near top 30 and was suggesting Sanchez was a top 30 pick at stages last year

RMC are the main "others", after Twomey.

By others i mean the little tidbit from recruiters you pick up, that are being interviewed most of the time on gettable
A lot of people are watching the U18 footy these days, not just the National Championships. There's a lot of posters here who are at CTL games every week. Others at SANFL and WAFL colts, etc.

For years, the main criticism of Twomey is that he gets a lot of his information that influence his ranking from recruiters.
Im not sure Twomey pays enough attention to watching players to have that impact their ranking. He does rely on others. At the end of the day the top 10-15 is pretty easy to determine for anyone

Also orders have changed dramatically after the champs for these posters. Far more than they wouldve for clubs.
Twomey put Tauru on the map two weeks ago, talking him up on his AFL Vlog.
Ahh ok, well cant even give them credit for that now either ha. Ignore that one

Last edited:
Twomey has gone with similar. Maybe that’s just how a lot of clubs view the Ben campo.
The top 10-12 are very even though, each club will have different guys they like and it’ll be pick your poison.

Draper and Lombard being that far down is mind melting.

It's not really.

Twomey's phantoms are based on call around to all the national recruiting managers. They aren't pulled from his backside.

They will generally give him a feel for each player and he slots them in based on an average consensus between them.

Adjusts from then on as teams final positions become more concrete.

Draper had a slow start to the year after injury and has started to hit form.

Lombard is too low in my book, but that simply might be a case of NRM's disregarding him momentarily because of his availability.

Lombard being behind 3-4 other mids in this pool by most recruiters is not mind melting.

July - Espn
1​
Sid Draper
2​
Jagga Smith
3​
Leonardo Lombard
4​
Finn O'Sullivan
5​
Josh Smillie
6​