List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, not worth that much. Earlier in the draft yes, later in the draft, its worth a Rory.

The two upgrades are empirically worth 6 spots in the draft at the place we would be negotiating.

If we are negotiating with Brisbane for pick 27, points-wise we can do it with 36 and 50, we can't do it with 39 and 58.

The two upgrades are empirically worth 6 spots in the draft at the place we would be negotiating.

If we are negotiating with Brisbane for pick 27, points-wise we can do it with 36 and 50, we can't do it with 39 and 58.
I'm sure this is the sort of thing we'll do.

Davies mentioned in the interview yesterday that when judging the Houston trade, you've got to factor in the 3 players that we will draft inside 30, and then later said that we'll draft three (maybe four) players.

I suspect we will also want to add Barrett and Burgoyne with matched very late picks, or rookie selections.

I'm really uncertain as to what type of player we should bring in because our list still has positional deficiencies either in young, top-end quality (e.g., key defender, small lock-down defender, small forward) or depth (e.g., midfield).

I think I'd go:
At least one high-ceiling midfielder to add to what we have.
Key position player, preferably key defender.
Hard-running, skillful wing/high forward.

For me, Hotton is my first realistic preference at pick 13. If Smilie falls for whatever reason then call his number out as quick as possible, otherwise its Hotton.

Outside of that, I'd be looking at Armstrong or Shanahan with pick 13. I'm big on both of them.

For our 2nd/3rd pick, two out of Moraes, Hynes, Urquhart, Hannaford and Dattoli

Pick 50, James Barrat would be my choice here if he's available, otherwise it might get eaten by a potential Benny Barret bid.

For me, Hotton is my first realistic preference at pick 13. If Smilie falls for whatever reason then call his number out as quick as possible, otherwise its Hotton.

Outside of that, I'd be looking at Armstrong or Shanahan with pick 13. I'm big on both of them.

For our 2nd/3rd pick, two out of Moraes, Hynes, Urquhart, Hannaford and Dattoli

Pick 50, James Barrat would be my choice here if he's available, otherwise it might get eaten by a potential Benny Barret bid.

Smillie is the interesting one. He was sliding a little but then he's copped a bit of flack for berating team mates when things were going south in one of the later games.

You wouldn't think Richmond would let him slide past 11 but maybe?

I like the look of Hotton, but the acl scares me a bit. This has to be a 100% hit after trading out Houston. I also like berry and traitor. But it really depends on who goes in front of us and who slides a bit. I will be dissapointed if we pick another running back flanker instead of a mid/forward or tall.

I like the look of Hotton, but the acl scares me a bit. This has to be a 100% hit after trading out Houston. I also like berry and traitor. But it really depends on who goes in front of us and who slides a bit. I will be dissapointed if we pick another running back flanker instead of a mid/forward or tall.

Freudian slip? ;)

Smillie is the interesting one. He was sliding a little but then he's copped a bit of flack for berating team mates when things were going south in one of the later games.

You wouldn't think Richmond would let him slide past 11 but maybe?

I wouldn't let him slide past 2, but i'm a big Smilie fanboy.

If i'm them, a great draft hand would be:
1 - Smith/Lalor
6 - Smilie
10 - Trainor
11 - Armstrong
18 - Langford
20 - Shanahan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ACL doesn't bother me. Back in the talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back