List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess we are going to be drafting a KPP with both Scully and K Marshall getting delisted.
NOAH HOWES (South Adelaide) Key forward, 18, 196cm

“Noah’s a key forward who has got a lot stronger and bigger over the past eight months or so and is playing some good league footy after finally overcoming some injury issues. He kicked five goals for us as a 16-year-old in an under-18s game against the Eagles and then as a 17-year-old he was nominated as an over-ager for the State under-16 team before suffering stress fractures in his back and missing the rest of the season. Then last year he kicked seven goals in two weeks before breaking his collarbone and missing a fair chunk of the season. Noah got back just before the under-18 finals and had six shots at goal (kicking 3.3) in our grand final win against Sturt. It might feel like he’s come from nowhere this year but it’s just a case of him finally getting a good run at it and having a big pre-season with our senior team. He has a lot of good qualities and upside.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton.

CHARLIE NICHOLLS (Central District/Faith Lutheran College) Key forward, 17, 197cm

“He’s a nice, developing key forward who can also play down back if required. Charlie is a good lead-up forward who is improving his contested marking every week. He’s a super easy person to coach, which was emphasised by the fact we asked him to focus on taking more contested marks (in Round 4 against West Adelaide) and he went and took six of them, which was great. He took 13 marks and had 22 disposals for the game while also kicking three goals, which was a terrific effort. He leads the comp in contested marks and has a super high work-rate, giving him the ability to get up and down the ground. There’s a bit of (Geelong star) Jeremy Cameron in the way he plays.’’ – Central Centre of Excellence and under-18s coach Kyle Jenner.

JAY POLKINGHORNE (Norwood/Prince Alfred College) Key forward, 17, 192cm

“Jay hails from Penong on the Nullarbor Plain and has just resumed playing after a minor knee injury. He has great weaponry, including being an exceptional overhead and contested mark. He reads the play really well and is one of the best set shot goalkickers I have seen. He has a beautiful action all the way down to the sound off the boot. He reminds me a little bit of (Adelaide’s) Taylor Walker with the way he kicks the footy. Jay is a player who has generated a fair bit of interest based on what he did last year and is one who ticks all the boxes as far as being an agile key forward is concerned. While he kicks the ball like Walker, as a player he reminds me more of (Carlton’s) Charlie Curnow.’’ – Norwood under-18 coach Alex Newell.

HARRY RAMM (Glenelg/Sacred Heart College) Key defender, 17, 199cm

“Harry’s a key back who has some really good traits. He’s very tall for a key back and defends really well but he also has the ability to come off his opponent and intercept mark. He’ll build strength as he gets into his gym craft but he already can hold his own in one-on-one contests. He also has some really good running ability and a pretty big tank for a big fella.’’ – Glenelg under-18s coach Ben Kane.

TALLAN ROSENZWEIG (Central District/Faith Lutheran College) Key forward, 17, 197cm

“He’s the same height as Charlie (Nicholls) but he plays a bit deeper as a key forward. He’s very good on the lead, possessing really good leading patterns, and manages to get plenty of shots on goal for us. Tallan needs to tidy up his goalkicking accuracy a bit because he had eight scoring shots against North Adelaide in Round 2 and kicked 4.4. He also booted 2.3 in the next two games against Sturt and West Adelaide, so he needs to capitalise on his opportunities a bit more. But he is developing well and can also take a strong contested mark.’’ – Central Centre of Excellence and under-18s coach Kyle Jenner.

JACOB SHEEAN (South Adelaide) Key defender, 18, 197cm

“Jacob is our under-18 captain and has very good leadership qualities. He’s a rangy, key defender who kicks the ball very well for someone of his size. He usually gets the job on one of the opposition’s bigger forwards and he reads the play well. Jacob’s very likeable and works really hard. He had stress fractures in his back over pre-season and didn’t do a lot of training before Christmas but he’s worked hard since to get himself back into good physical shape.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton.

CHARLIE WEST (Woodville-West Torrens/Immanuel College) Key forward/ruck, 18, 195cm

“Charlie’s contested marking is his greatest weapon. He took 42 marks, including 20 contested, in six games as a bottom-ager at under-18 level last season, which highlights his marking ability. At his SANFL testing in February, he ran the 20m sprint in 2.9 seconds, which shows he has genuine speed for his size as well. He is the grandson of Wayne Jackson (former Eagles player and president and AFL chief executive) and is very much in contention for this year’s draft pool. He was an emergency for our league team in Round 1 but is carrying a bit of a groin injury at the moment. Charlie has massive upside.’’ – Eagles under-18 coach Shane Reardon.

NOAH HOWES (South Adelaide) Key forward, 18, 196cm

“Noah’s a key forward who has got a lot stronger and bigger over the past eight months or so and is playing some good league footy after finally overcoming some injury issues. He kicked five goals for us as a 16-year-old in an under-18s game against the Eagles and then as a 17-year-old he was nominated as an over-ager for the State under-16 team before suffering stress fractures in his back and missing the rest of the season. Then last year he kicked seven goals in two weeks before breaking his collarbone and missing a fair chunk of the season. Noah got back just before the under-18 finals and had six shots at goal (kicking 3.3) in our grand final win against Sturt. It might feel like he’s come from nowhere this year but it’s just a case of him finally getting a good run at it and having a big pre-season with our senior team. He has a lot of good qualities and upside.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton.

CHARLIE NICHOLLS (Central District/Faith Lutheran College) Key forward, 17, 197cm

“He’s a nice, developing key forward who can also play down back if required. Charlie is a good lead-up forward who is improving his contested marking every week. He’s a super easy person to coach, which was emphasised by the fact we asked him to focus on taking more contested marks (in Round 4 against West Adelaide) and he went and took six of them, which was great. He took 13 marks and had 22 disposals for the game while also kicking three goals, which was a terrific effort. He leads the comp in contested marks and has a super high work-rate, giving him the ability to get up and down the ground. There’s a bit of (Geelong star) Jeremy Cameron in the way he plays.’’ – Central Centre of Excellence and under-18s coach Kyle Jenner.

JAY POLKINGHORNE (Norwood/Prince Alfred College) Key forward, 17, 192cm

“Jay hails from Penong on the Nullarbor Plain and has just resumed playing after a minor knee injury. He has great weaponry, including being an exceptional overhead and contested mark. He reads the play really well and is one of the best set shot goalkickers I have seen. He has a beautiful action all the way down to the sound off the boot. He reminds me a little bit of (Adelaide’s) Taylor Walker with the way he kicks the footy. Jay is a player who has generated a fair bit of interest based on what he did last year and is one who ticks all the boxes as far as being an agile key forward is concerned. While he kicks the ball like Walker, as a player he reminds me more of (Carlton’s) Charlie Curnow.’’ – Norwood under-18 coach Alex Newell.

HARRY RAMM (Glenelg/Sacred Heart College) Key defender, 17, 199cm

“Harry’s a key back who has some really good traits. He’s very tall for a key back and defends really well but he also has the ability to come off his opponent and intercept mark. He’ll build strength as he gets into his gym craft but he already can hold his own in one-on-one contests. He also has some really good running ability and a pretty big tank for a big fella.’’ – Glenelg under-18s coach Ben Kane.

TALLAN ROSENZWEIG (Central District/Faith Lutheran College) Key forward, 17, 197cm

“He’s the same height as Charlie (Nicholls) but he plays a bit deeper as a key forward. He’s very good on the lead, possessing really good leading patterns, and manages to get plenty of shots on goal for us. Tallan needs to tidy up his goalkicking accuracy a bit because he had eight scoring shots against North Adelaide in Round 2 and kicked 4.4. He also booted 2.3 in the next two games against Sturt and West Adelaide, so he needs to capitalise on his opportunities a bit more. But he is developing well and can also take a strong contested mark.’’ – Central Centre of Excellence and under-18s coach Kyle Jenner.

JACOB SHEEAN (South Adelaide) Key defender, 18, 197cm

“Jacob is our under-18 captain and has very good leadership qualities. He’s a rangy, key defender who kicks the ball very well for someone of his size. He usually gets the job on one of the opposition’s bigger forwards and he reads the play well. Jacob’s very likeable and works really hard. He had stress fractures in his back over pre-season and didn’t do a lot of training before Christmas but he’s worked hard since to get himself back into good physical shape.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton.

CHARLIE WEST (Woodville-West Torrens/Immanuel College) Key forward/ruck, 18, 195cm

“Charlie’s contested marking is his greatest weapon. He took 42 marks, including 20 contested, in six games as a bottom-ager at under-18 level last season, which highlights his marking ability. At his SANFL testing in February, he ran the 20m sprint in 2.9 seconds, which shows he has genuine speed for his size as well. He is the grandson of Wayne Jackson (former Eagles player and president and AFL chief executive) and is very much in contention for this year’s draft pool. He was an emergency for our league team in Round 1 but is carrying a bit of a groin injury at the moment. Charlie has massive upside.’’ – Eagles under-18 coach Shane Reardon.
Are we only allowed to draft people from SA?

I would be thrilled if we get
pick 13 Bo Allan - inside mid 191cm
pick 29 Kayle Gerreyn - forward/ruck 199cm
pick 36 Hamish Davis - forward/mid 190cm

Then whoever else with pick 50 and so on along with Barrett and Burgoyne hopefully as rookies
I'm not a big Bo Allan fan, he's good but I'm not fully convinced. The other 2, yes. But we've just delisted two KPDs so we need one I think

I'm not a big Bo Allan fan, he's good but I'm not fully convinced. The other 2, yes. But we've just delisted two KPDs so we need one I think

Harrison Ramm as a rookie pick 199cm KPD SA boy can help out in the ruck ran 6mins 29 seconds in 2km trial coming equal 1st at the state combine.

With only BZT, Ratogolea, Aliir (30 years old) and Walsh as KPD now it’s a good chance we take a KPD.

Hopefully we just go best available at 13 like Hotton and KPD like Whitlock at 29.

James Barrat is the one to target as a kpd

Unlikely to delist McEntee as he is under contract… as is Rioli, DBJ, Anastasopoulos and Charleson…… Narkle has been delisted, Evans could be delisted…… but we have already recruited Richards and highly likely to pick up Barrett. Remember Berry is only 18 and hasn’t yet played senior football, where Tommy A has had one year in the system and was close to selection a number of times last season. Bottom line is, I don’t think the Club would want 7 small forwards on their list at this time. I would think with the looming retirement of Boak next year , on top of losing Duursma and Amon in recent years we’re in need of a genuine quick classy wingman. A high quality outside mid …. my choice would be Taj Hotton…..
Taj Hotton would be a very good selection. He is described as being a Rankine type. He is projected to go a little before our pick and but for doing his ACL would be a top 10 but he would be both a handy forward and a future midfielder.
With today's delistings we still have McEntee on the list.
I get your point about an over supply of small forwards but only Rioli is anywhere near the class of player required to build an elite cohort. Hotton would be that sort of player and so would Berry.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back