List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

given his eye for Butters

it's time to unleash Robbie Gray as the Talent-Picking Savant we all know he is

it's time to let the man cook
Butters was selected in about the location where most phantom drafts had him. He wasn't a reach that has come off ridiculously well, it was actually more shocking that he was available with our pick because the Crows decided to go for a reach with Chayce Jones.

Is delisting Scully a sign they're confident of Armstrong at 13?

I can't see him getting past Richmond

Armstrong should go before our pick.

I like Bo Allan a lot but he's not a smooth footballer but holy moly, at 191cm, he can power out of stoppage like no one's business, tackles freaking hard and fast, just a power athlete, doesn't mind a don't argue, prone to turnovers close in though. Possibly hasn't quite worked out this hands and midfield craft. His marking is not as good as you would like for his height. Seems to have the temperament of Powell-Pepper. Playing mid throughout the WAFL finals, Pretty epic.

I just see him power out of contests and tackle hard and I just want him at Port.

Ive got him at 4 in my rankings. Gun

If Richmond want to go with a powerful big bodied midfielder who doesn't shirk contests and a great mark, they'll pick Langford, definitely a point of difference from the other two.

I have question marks over Langfords scope for improvement. Alright player, but i dont have him in the top rung at this point

Im surprised Draper isnt in consideration more really. Ready to go, elite blend of pace and power and very damaging

What’s the feeling like of the gap between the top talls that will go around first and the next group that we might have a shot at around 29 /36?

Gerryn in his highlights moved exactly like Scott lycett to me. Even looked like he’s gonna be built the same when he’s done. Without watching him play games I’m not overly sold on him being a kf.

The absolute stupidity of having academies for these clubs and being told they’re necessary for those teams to develop talent , while they’re producing more high end talent than Sa, while Sa doesn’t get to do the same.

Like ok, I get the logical argument of “we need them to produce more talent “ but following that logic once they’re producing more talent than a heartland state the same logic says it either end or now that heartland state should get academies.

QLD is on track to produce 4 top 10 players in 2 years, with Sa producing 1.

There’s no sign of that just being a blip either.

Also, while Sa talent tend to go up and down a bit year to year I think we can all agree the state produces far less high end talent than we used to,,, and we can argue whether it’s casual or not but gee the timeline of taking ports development zones away lines up pretty well eh?
Add to the fact there is simply not enough people in the state to run the college comp that clashes with SANFL U18s. Then combined with that the top U18s are playing league. You end up having 2 average comps (college and U18) need to somehow get the U18 program to a strong comp where you can focus all your coaching and the kids commitments into, rather than half assing two comps, but we all know the colleges will never agree to that.

Add to the fact there is simply not enough people in the state to run the college comp that clashes with SANFL U18s. Then combined with that the top U18s are playing league. You end up having 2 average comps (college and U18) need to somehow get the U18 program to a strong comp where you can focus all your coaching and the kids commitments into, rather than half assing two comps, but we all know the colleges will never agree to that.
Really good point this. Between Colleges, SANFL, Amateur Clubs and country footy, our junior system cannibalises itself. Would be amazing if juniors kids had an actual U18 pinnacle to aspire to. Will never happen though...

What’s the feeling like of the gap between the top talls that will go around first and the next group that we might have a shot at around 29 /36?

Gerryn in his highlights moved exactly like Scott lycett to me. Even looked like he’s gonna be built the same when he’s done. Without watching him play games I’m not overly sold on him being a kf.

For me there is Armstrong, Shanahan, Trainor in the top tier. Then there's Barrat and Sims a rung below them (I rate both probably higher than most), then there's Faull, Whitlock x 2 etc. in the mid range area.

I think we have a good chance at Barrat and Sims being available around our 2nd & 3rd pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHICH PLAYER DRAFT PROSPECTS WOULD TAKE AT PICK 1 (of 19)
Jagga Smith:
Finn O’Sullivan: 4
Harvey Langford: 3
Josh Smillie: 3
Sid Draper: 2

I just don't know about Smillie.

"Smillie, who looms as a possible top-10 pick at next month’s draft after being in the Pick 1 conversation earlier in the year, was the only player surveyed who nominated himself.

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well,” Smillie told foxfooty.com.au."

i’m not sure I think he’s an arrogant prick or I love him.

I like Josh Smilie the footballer, he's got that footy IQ and his kicks go to advantage and I usually love that type of player and then he's 194cm which is usually fantastic but he is a touch lumbering for a midfielder and a bit top heavy physically. If he sorts those things out, he'll be great.

When it comes to it, you nitpick these top picks.

I just don't know about Smillie.

"Smillie, who looms as a possible top-10 pick at next month’s draft after being in the Pick 1 conversation earlier in the year, was the only player surveyed who nominated himself.

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well,” Smillie told foxfooty.com.au."

i’m not sure I think he’s an arrogant prick or I love him.

I shall call you ... Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back