List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

For me there is Armstrong, Shanahan, Trainor in the top tier. Then there's Barrat and Sims a rung below them (I rate both probably higher than most), then there's Faull, Whitlock x 2 etc. in the mid range area.

I think we have a good chance at Barrat and Sims being available around our 2nd & 3rd pick.
Interesting - agree on the top three.

I’d have the Whitlocks next, although more on potential and do worry they don’t have the killer instinct similar to the Kings. What do you like about Sims?

Allan is the other interesting one. Can’t put my finger on why but something suggests he could become the player of this draft.

Joe Berry actually sounds like he would add something to our mediocre collection of small to medium forwards. Same with Hotton.

With the loss of Clurey and Kyle Marshall we really need a KPD as well.
I think so too. I think we need one of berry, Hotton or Hannaford with one of our picks.

Not getting the Lindsay criticisms, if there at 13 Id have no issues picking him, pretty safe bet at that point, be surprised if he slips to 13.

His inside work is alright, has good pace, spreads well, his handball is very good, tackles hard, reads the taps well, can breakaway from the clearance alright, very good aerobically.

What I dont like - lacks composure, poor decision making, poor kick targets matched with ordinary kick execution. He has a Nathan Lonie/Jay Nash thing where his kick looks technically good, but his kicks often dont retain possession. Kicks to contests too much, doesnt look for better options enough…and that is the main part i dont like. His uncontested disposals dont retain possession enough and with his style that should be his bread and butter. Is greedy within 55m of goal.

Is it fixable? Probably, but in the 8 or 9 times
Ive watched him, ive left feeling frustrated in all bar one of them. Why did he kick there? Why didn’t he hit that easy target? Why is he not kicking to the advantage of the leading forward inside 50? Why is he kicking long on the head of someone for an easy spoil when he had free players inside?

As it stands, I just have too many question marks over him compared to the other big name mids in this draft. Not the end of the world if we draft him though

I think we've all assumed the Crows will take him at pick 4/5 (if Carlton don't get in first)

Sorry, i meant for pick 1. My post didnt make that clear though

Interesting - agree on the top three.

I’d have the Whitlocks next, although more on potential and do worry they don’t have the killer instinct similar to the Kings. What do you like about Sims?

Allan is the other interesting one. Can’t put my finger on why but something suggests he could become the player of this draft.

Sims - competitive, great in the air, agile, can take a contested grab and get seperation on the lead, neat kick, can ruck, looks dangerous, brings the ball to ground. He could be very good

The Whitlocks…i dunno. They are like tall Pittard. For every good thing they do there is also something that makes you shake your head and go what the ****. Big boom/bust potential. Could be great. Could never play a game

His inside work is alright, has good pace, spreads well, his handball is very good, tackles hard, reads the taps well, can breakaway from the clearance alright, very good aerobically.

What I dont like - lacks composure, poor decision making, poor kick targets matched with ordinary kick execution. He has a Nathan Lonie/Jay Nash thing where his kick looks technically good, but his kicks often dont retain possession. Kicks to contests too much, doesnt look for better options enough…and that is the main part i dont like. His uncontested disposals dont retain possession enough and with his style that should be his bread and butter. Is greedy within 55m of goal.

Is it fixable? Probably, but in the 8 or 9 times
Ive watched him, ive left feeling frustrated in all bar one of them. Why did he kick there? Why didn’t he hit that easy target? Why is he not kicking to the advantage of the leading forward inside 50? Why is he kicking long on the head of someone for an easy spoil when he had free players inside?

As it stands, I just have too many question marks over him compared to the other big name mids in this draft. Not the end of the world if we draft him though
Sounds like Ken would love him.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's because most people doing the mock drafts hate us and don't really know what we need
We need a winger. Lorenz is the only one we've got in the SANFL. Unless you push Sinn up the ground.

We need a winger. Lorenz is the only one we've got in the SANFL. Unless you push Sinn up the ground.
Burgoyne, Lorenz, Sinn and Burton should be our wing options. Worst case scenario you have someone like a Finlayson that can play there too. I think we have far greater deficiencies than wing

KPF - Tauru, Shanahan, Gerryne, West, Sims, Polkinghorne

MID/FWD hybrids - Hotton, Hannaford, Dattoli, Davis, Said

General Forward - Josh Murphy, Day-Wicks, Bowman

Midfielder - Reid, Urquhart, Jack Ough

KPD - Barratt, Clancy Dennis

We basically need a player from each category (and I've listed who my targets would be across the draft in various rounds). The issue is we would then need to take 7 players incl Barrett and Burgoyne and this is why I think we're making some poor decisions with list management by not getting rid of some of the rookies that shouldn't/won't play for us

We don't get Hotton I'm trading with 13 with Richmond or Sydney.

Going 100 miles an hour at the best Key Position players and Dodson tops that list by any margin you like.
I would love to take 5 players from the open pool + Barrett and Burgoyne. We have made some stupid mistakes and cost ourselves a shot at that. Atkins, McEntee, Williams (I like him but clearly the club doesn't), even Jackson who's done some nice things at SANFL but can't get a consistent run at it. I would invest in this draft pool that keeping those players if I'm really honest.

And if we took 5, we could take Dodson too even though we don't have an immediate need for a ruck

It's exciting to see what we will grab at 13 and hopefully drag a couple of those picks down to grab what seems to be a bonanza of talent.

If the Drafting Guys need to delist a guy to pick up someone late they really like, hopefully they have the cajones to do so.

It's exciting to see what we will grab at 13 and hopefully drag a couple of those picks down to grab what seems to be a bonanza of talent.

If the Drafting Guys need to delist a guy to pick up someone late they really like, hopefully they have the cajones to do so.
This is what I'm afraid of, sadly I don't think they will

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back