List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Noah Mraz ls an interesting pick. Missed almost all of the season with a navicular fracture. He tested well at the combine. 198 cm tall defender who can ruck (means he's competitive) He's got a leap, athleticism and competes. Looks like lots of upside.
Seems like a good KPD pick later in the draft. Harry O'Farrell, Clancy Dennis, and James Barrat also options (Barrat seems to be rising up boards though).

I've been a bit of an O'Farrell shill myelf for a while now.

God I really hope we don't pick Lindsay.

Would have quite a few ahead of him. If we split the pick and he was there at 20+ I wouldn't mind it but hate it at 13 (16).

Hotton or Berry for mine.

Berry looks similar to Papley with a bit more up the ground potential.
I agree. I don’t mind Lindsay but it’s just another half back and if we traded out Houston to get a player in the same position I would be pretty annoyed. Hotton or berry for me too.

Okay so here's my strategy as it stands, I'm well aware we need another list spot to execute this but there's always Med JcEntee for that

Split 13 for 19 and 22

19 - Hynes
22 - Hannaford/Dattoli
29 - Sims/Gerryne
36 - Barratt
50 - Boxshall/Urquhart

Hopefully then Barrett and Rome end up in rookie. I know it's 5 picks which is more than what we're planning for but I don't see the use in keeping guys like McEntee, Jackson, Williams who imo either aren't good enough or are injured or the coaches don't like and won't ever play them.

Those 5 picks give us options in almost every position. I'm starting to like Hynes more because I think Tauru, Reid and Hotton will be gone by pick 13

Okay so here's my strategy as it stands, I'm well aware we need another list spot to execute this but there's always Med JcEntee for that

Split 13 for 19 and 22

19 - Hynes
22 - Hannaford/Dattoli
29 - Sims/Gerryne
36 - Barratt
50 - Boxshall/Urquhart

Hopefully then Barrett and Rome end up in rookie. I know it's 5 picks which is more than what we're planning for but I don't see the use in keeping guys like McEntee, Jackson, Williams who imo either aren't good enough or are injured or the coaches don't like and won't ever play them.

Those 5 picks give us options in almost every position. I'm starting to like Hynes more because I think Tauru, Reid and Hotton will be gone by pick 13
I like that strategy

You mentioned Hotton gone by pick 13? in my opinion it is unlikely that happens, and if it did that would mean someone slides whether that be a smillie or armstrong type even a tauru or travaglia.

Noah Mraz ls an interesting pick. Missed almost all of the season with a navicular fracture. He tested well at the combine. 198 cm tall defender who can ruck (means he's competitive) He's got a leap, athleticism and competes. Looks like lots of upside.

I'm a fan. Don't see how we can go past him if we are after a KPD and trade 13 down.

I like that strategy

You mentioned Hotton gone by pick 13? in my opinion it is unlikely that happens, and if it did that would mean someone slides whether that be a smillie or armstrong type even a tauru or travaglia.
Tauru won't slide imo, Armstrong as well I think Dees, Tigers or Saints will pick him. Can see Smilie or Reid sliding a bit but I'm not sure I'm that big a fan of Smilie. If Reid slides yes we take him but can also see Travaglia sliding and I wouldn't take him that high for us.

But remember when I say pick 13, it really means pick 16 and currently on Cal's rankings Hotton is 15 with all those names you mentioned above Hotton. There's a 50/50 chance he doesn't get to us

I agree. I don’t mind Lindsay but it’s just another half back and if we traded out Houston to get a player in the same position I would be pretty annoyed. Hotton or berry for me too.
Lindsays much more then just a half back, can play wing and will end up as a mid, the guys quality, however I hope there's no sulking from anyone in the future, if we gamble on Hotton coming of a acl and just having had more surgery on same knee. Punt 13 on that, high risk high reward I suppose.

Split 13 for 19 and 22

19 - Hynes
22 - Hannaford/Dattoli
29 - Sims/Gerryne
36 - Barratt
50 - Boxshall/Urquhart

Can’t really have that strategy till you see what’s left at 13. Not many drafts go predictably in the top 20. Still remember when the crows picked Pedlar at 11, fox didn’t even have a highlights package ready on the night. Think most mock drafts had him around 30.

Split 13 for 19 and 22

19 - Hynes
22 - Hannaford/Dattoli
29 - Sims/Gerryne
36 - Barratt
50 - Boxshall/Urquhart

I like your strategy too.

It’s a good draft and I agree that taking more rather than less talent, even if we have to move on contracted Charleson and McEntee is worth it.

Like that you’ve targeted forwards-mids with size and hunger for goals, and then a couple of KPPs.

From the little I know about the kids on offer, I’d be happy with this sort of haul.

I expect the fate of pick 13 will depend what unfolds on the night. If there is a genuine slider, or if there is a small group of players Port has identified as a must-have and one gets through, then they will use the pick. If they're all gone, it could see a trade down.

Richmond will play a big role, they have a lot of first round picks (at the moment they have 4 before we get a look in) and can start picking for need earlier than usual. I could see Berry going earlier than people expect because Hawthorn have made small forwards valuable again and that could throw everyone's thinking out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a good KPD pick later in the draft. Harry O'Farrell, Clancy Dennis, and James Barrat also options (Barrat seems to be rising up boards though).

I've been a bit of an O'Farrell shill myelf for a while now.
O'Farrell is a Carlton tragic.
Bases his game on Cripps.

Father is the Blues lawyer, and has gotten a swag if Carlton players either acquitted, or having penalties downgraded over the years.

Does anyone else think Mraz lacks a bit of pace?

Bo Allen is still my favourite of the what seems possible though I think WC with the pick b4 us will take him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back