List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay so here's my strategy as it stands, I'm well aware we need another list spot to execute this but there's always Med JcEntee for that

Split 13 for 19 and 22

19 - Hynes
22 - Hannaford/Dattoli
29 - Sims/Gerryne
36 - Barratt
50 - Boxshall/Urquhart

Hopefully then Barrett and Rome end up in rookie. I know it's 5 picks which is more than what we're planning for but I don't see the use in keeping guys like McEntee, Jackson, Williams who imo either aren't good enough or are injured or the coaches don't like and won't ever play them.

Those 5 picks give us options in almost every position. I'm starting to like Hynes more because I think Tauru, Reid and Hotton will be gone by pick 13
We have 1 category B rookie spot avialable (hopefully for Barrett) and only 5 spots available for the main list and the standard rookie list. We have to add Logan Evans to the rookie list to keep him, he was only a mid-season replacement rookie to cover the unavailability of SPP because of his season ending injury. We added 3 in the trade period and have had 9 come off the squad with delistings, retirements and a trade. That means we can't select Rome or Louie Montgomery if we use 5 picks from 19 to 50 as you describe.

Lindsays much more then just a half back, can play wing and will end up as a mid, the guys quality, however I hope there's no sulking from anyone in the future, if we gamble on Hotton coming of a acl and just having had more surgery on same knee. Punt 13 on that, high risk high reward I suppose.
The hate on Lindsay is interesting.

I can see glimpses of Errol Gulden in the way he plays

Wouldn’t mind that pick at all

We have 1 category B rookie spot avialable (hopefully for Barrett) and only 5 spots available for the main list and the standard rookie list. We have to add Logan Evans to the rookie list to keep him, he was only a mid-season replacement rookie to cover the unavailability of SPP because of his season ending injury. We added 3 in the trade period and have had 9 come off the squad with delistings, retirements and a trade. That means we can't select Rome or Louie Montgomery if we use 5 picks from 19 to 50 as you describe.

We have 5 Senior spots to fill now and 1 Cat B. Logan doesn't need to be upgraded, signed an 18 month deal.

The issue is, like I said, we need a Cat A spot which is why I can't believe we didnt delist McEntee even if he had a year to go in his contract.

We also need a few things to go our way, mainly Rome and Barrett to get to rookie draft. Strong feeling Louie doesnt get picked and does an Evans like apprenticeship in SANFL.

Can’t really have that strategy till you see what’s left at 13. Not many drafts go predictably in the top 20. Still remember when the crows picked Pedlar at 11, fox didn’t even have a highlights package ready on the night. Think most mock drafts had him around 30.
I wouldn't make any official trades until Pick 12 is called out on draft night

2024 Small forward draft analysis

Joe berry ranked as number 1 small forward.
If we do get him with pick 13 (pushed to 16) it would be safe pick compared to Hotton after his recent tidy up surgery from ACL.

It would be goodbye McEntee in 2025. Never to be seen at AFL again. Great SANFL depth.

Joe Berry analysis 2:00 mins into the vid

Great analysis.

Berry, Dattoli, Hannaford all have characteristics that would complement what we’ve got very well.

2024 Small forward draft analysis

Joe berry ranked as number 1 small forward.
If we do get him with pick 13 (pushed to 16) it would be safe pick compared to Hotton after his recent tidy up surgery from ACL.

It would be goodbye McEntee in 2025. Never to be seen at AFL again. Great SANFL depth.

Joe Berry analysis 2:00 mins into the vid

McEntee is not even good enough for SANFL depth, what are you on about? 😂

Hope there's some deals being worked out behind the scenes ready to be executed on draft night for 13 and maybe 29 included. Would consider deals with GWS, Swans, Richmond and Dogs.

Unless Tauru or Reid slip through to 13, I'm all in now on taking Hynes by sliding back a touch. Just gives us so much flexibility to then throw Rozee or JHF or Hynes himself forward without losing much in the midfield. Hotton could become the better player compared to Hynes but I see his AFL future as a half-forward rather than midfield. On needs basis, I think Hynes suits us better

I'm going to try and manifest Hynes, Hannaford/Dattoli, Barratt and Boxshall with Barrett and Rome

If we split pick 13 which i hope we do then getting pick 24 off richmond be more valuable than pick 22 IMO. That 1st pick of the 2nd round will be extremely popular. gives us a day to figure out who we want as the 1st reason and 2nd is we could get some good offers for it from other clubs. Essendon is 1 club who might look to move up from pick 28 and offer a future 2nd with pick 28 to get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drafting Richards with Rioli still as our main small makes me think we won’t be picking another small forward early.
We need bigger bodied types desperately.
Would be a bonus if they can actually kick a football.
I would have thought we have enough small forward stocks by getting Richards and drafting Barrett alongside with Anastasopoulos and Charleson being drafted last year. Plus add Rioli, DBJ and a medium forward in SPP.

Whether all of them are AFL quality is another story but we’re well stocked for now.

Port needs another big bodied mid to replace wines, a winger, small lockdown defender and a few KPP.

If we split pick 13 which i hope we do then getting pick 24 off richmond be more valuable than pick 22 IMO. That 1st pick of the 2nd round will be extremely popular. gives us a day to figure out who we want as the 1st reason and 2nd is we could get some good offers for it from other clubs. Essendon is 1 club who might look to move up from pick 28 and offer a future 2nd with pick 28 to get it

Essendon won't have that pick beyond around pick 9 in this draft as they pay up for their NGA player Isaac Kako.

We have 5 Senior spots to fill now and 1 Cat B. Logan doesn't need to be upgraded, signed an 18 month deal.

The issue is, like I said, we need a Cat A spot which is why I can't believe we didnt delist McEntee even if he had a year to go in his contract.

We also need a few things to go our way, mainly Rome and Barrett to get to rookie draft. Strong feeling Louie doesnt get picked and does an Evans like apprenticeship in SANFL.

We already have a rookie list spot available.

Narkle and F. Evans were the two held on the rookie list so if one goes to Logan Evans we still have 1 available unless Im missing something here.

So we have 5 Main list spots + 1 Cat A Rookie + 1 Cat B Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back