List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone here interested in being part of a Bigfooty phantom draft?

I’ve seen Allan play a couple of games for Peel last year.
Just on those games he didn’t stand out as anything special.
Obviously there’s more to him but I’ve never seen it in the games I attended.
Allan is more athlete then pure footballer, still alot of undecided punters about his real endstate as a AFL footballer. Also revisited lots of footage on hotton and have come to firm conclusion that hes a very poor kick. Moves like a cat but his finishing by foot is poor, doubts on some of his decision making as well.

Last edited:
could we take cooper hynes with 13? or is it too high for him?
Well 13 is really 16 and so I don't think it's that high for him. Saying that I'd try do 13 and 29 (really 16 and 33) for GWS' 16 and 21 (really 19 and 24) then get Hynes and Hannaford/Dattoli

The split maybe the way to go, just cant seem to find a clear winner at 13.
I don't mind Berry at 13, but I dont see any of the higher ranked guys sliding to 13. So maybe we can just hope that one of Berry/Lindsay (safe picks) or Hotton/Trainor (risky picks) slide to 19 and take Hynes/Hannaford at 22 or something if we split 13, IDK.

I don't mind Berry at 13, but I dont see any of the higher ranked guys sliding to 13. So maybe we can just hope that one of Berry/Lindsay (safe picks) or Hotton/Trainor (risky picks) slide to 19 and take Hynes/Hannaford at 22 or something if we split 13, IDK.

Yea Berry is the one with a higher ceiling than Hynes. Unfortunately Cooper Hynes although a big bodied mid/forward lacks pace and endurance.
Just afraid he may become a Dylan Williams and get found out at AFL level.

With Pick 13 we need to nail it not go after a draftee just because their big bodied...
If Bo Allan came through to our pick I would extremely pleased but Berry for me if we are realistic about the draft order.

Yea Berry is the one with a higher ceiling than Hynes. Unfortunately Cooper Hynes although a big bodied mid/forward lacks pace and endurance.
Just afraid he may become a Dylan Williams and get found out at AFL level.

With Pick 13 we need to nail it not go after a draftee just because their big bodied...
If Bo Allan came through to our pick I would extremely pleased but Berry for me if we are realistic about the draft order.
Hynes has good breakaway speed, don't know where that's comes from. Endurance sure can be questioned but can say the same for many draftees. Berry isn't what we need imo. If Berry had any midfield skills then sure we could take him but Hynes is also a good overhead mark and has strength to break tackles which is a huge part of modern game. Berry is just adding to the plethora of small forwards we now have.

Adding Hynes gives us a lot of flexibility when it comes to how we use JHF and Rozee

Allan is more athlete then pure footballer, still alot of undecided punters about his real endstate as a AFL footballer. Also revisited lots of footage on hotton and have come to firm conclusion that hes a very poor kick. Moves like a cat but his finishing by foot is poor, doubts on some of his decision making as well.
If both summations are correct pass on both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hynes at 13 is way to early, I reckon he goes in the 20s, happy to pick him up, but not with 13.
Hynes will go early 20s at the latest. Has the x-factor which clubs generally love. Would be a touch early for our pick at 16 so wouldn't mind slipping a few spots back and picking him and another draft pick. But if we get no offers then I wouldn't mind us picking him at 16

If both summations are correct pass on both
I wouldnt rule them out, just my observations and reading of summaries from guys in the west who see alot of Allan, he may develop with time and AFL exposure. Problem with Hotton is his limited visibility this year due to ACL,. however its clear that he has a high ball drop and loopy kick, his poor decision making is in part due to his lack of confidence in his kicking. However he has x factor, moves beautifully and would be dangerous close to goal. Wouldnt want to be making the call at 13.

I wouldnt rule them out, just my observations and reading of summaries from guys in the west who see alot of Allan, he may develop with time and AFL exposure. Problem with Hotton is his limited visibility this year due to ACL,. however its clear that he has a high ball drop and loopy kick, his poor decision making is in part due to his lack of confidence in his kicking. However he has x factor, moves beautifully and would be dangerous close to goal. Wouldnt want to be making the call at 13.
I'm bearish on Allan but Hotton is a genuine threat inside 50. If we pick him it has to be with a view of playing him HF and not as a mid.

I personally like Hamish Davis with our second pick potentially, good size can / does play midfield and can hit the scoreboard. Would be interested in others thoughts on him. Seemed to do well at the combine too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back