List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had some of the best mids in the business over the years they've all failed when it comes to finals. The common factor? They've all played under Ken.
They have also played with the mindest that bombing on Charlie's head is an effective strategy for finals. With Charlie gone hopefully the brains trust will be forced to come up with a better strategy.

We have 5 Senior spots to fill now and 1 Cat B. Logan doesn't need to be upgraded, signed an 18 month deal.

The issue is, like I said, we need a Cat A spot which is why I can't believe we didnt delist McEntee even if he had a year to go in his contract.

We also need a few things to go our way, mainly Rome and Barrett to get to rookie draft. Strong feeling Louie doesnt get picked and does an Evans like apprenticeship in SANFL.
By upgraded, I meant that Logan went from being a temporary rookie allowed above the maximum list size of 42 to cover for SPP to be a fully fledged rookie allowed to remain within the 42 list siize. I agree that we should have opened up an extra list spot by cutting one of the rookies on contract (Williams or McEntee). I also get the impression that Rome is preferred to Louie at this stage.

What’s the knock of Ough?

Seems a great inside player, good size, should be able to rest forward. Skills seem alright - so why is he so low in the draft boards?
Good size, his outside skills are really good but his inside skills are still developing. Has no forward game, yet......but was a defender before moving into midfield midway through the year so exposed form in midfield is mostly from this year

Expect him to go 25-40

Powers out of stoppages
Great inside game
Speed on the outside
Booming left kick
Kick could be more accurate
Great tackler.
Takes the first option too much.
Hard to tackle
Still making rookie mistakes
Good pedigree
L‍ots to like and work with

I'm going to try and give my Bo Allan manifest party a bit of a rest.

I really dislike his kick.

What’s the knock of Ough?

Seems a great inside player, good size, should be able to rest forward. Skills seem alright - so why is he so low in the draft boards?

Lack of hurt factor seems to be the main thing, but from what I see he's one of the best decision makers in the draft. Tall, ball magnet, great endurance, excellent skills. Would love us to draft him

Lack of hurt factor seems to be the main thing, but from what I see he's one of the best decision makers in the draft. Tall, ball magnet, great endurance, excellent skills. Would love us to draft him
Think he's a got a bit of Will Day about him, but yeah agree about the current hurt status. Wouldn't mind him at pick 36 depending on who we draft with 13 and 29

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen is a pretty good kick. Certainly not Boak or Wines.
Our criterion may vary but he's an average kick. Gets good distance but 50/50 with accuracy. A lot of the ones he does make are easy ones too. I see Allan as a Jordan Dawson minus the kicking, who I'm not sure I want in the side.

I have pretty big concerns on his ball use tbh.
His kick is definitely a work in progress but what I will say is that it is powerful and long. He seems a legit 60 metre kick.

With the ability to power out of contests and that long kick, it means he can impact games by delivering the ball into the forward line one on one. In the clip, he kicks long and it results in a few goals, shots on goals.

Our criterion may vary but he's an average kick. Gets good distance but 50/50 with accuracy. A lot of the ones he does make are easy ones too. I see Allan as a Jordan Dawson minus the kicking, who I'm not sure I want in the side.
Ford sees Paul Kelly and I see his potential as a bigger, not as skilful but two way Chad Warner.

I'm hoping he can up his skills and maintain his huge athletic profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back