List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sid Draper being talked up by ESPN as the potential #1 pick

Benny Barrett 23 possessions and a goal for South reserves.

12 kicks 11 handballs. couple of clearances and couple of inside 50s. 6 tackles.

Port should be able to give him a few league games.
Settle down there Benny. Don't want to see too much from you. Here's a goal from that game.

Video of Benny from a couple weeks back in the U18s

Interesting hearing the recruiters talk about some really amazing depth in this draft and a wide spread of talent. Does point towards us maybe cutting a bit harder than I initially might've thought.

Last edited:
Interesting hearing the recruiters talk about some really amazing depth in this draft and a wide spread of talent. Does point towards us maybe cutting a bit harder than I initially might've thought.
The only issue with cutting deeper than the 4 retirees is the premium we are going to have to fork out to get in at a reasonable position. Is a 18 year old Key Back going to be further advanced than Kyle Marshall? Can’t see any of the young Key Forwards or Walsh being let go either. Don’t want to lose Houston, Butters, Bergman, Georgiadies, SPP, Visintini, T.Marshall or Drew - can’t see any others that would be looking to move interstate that any clubs would be really enquiring about.

Every good draft you want to be ‘in’ but if we move Ken on, I would rather give this list minus, Boak, Dixon, McKenzie, Clurey and L.Evans to Carr/new coach with Barrett, Burgoyne, Moss, Francou and Montgomery over for one year to see where Jackson, McCallum, McIntee, Burton, Narkle, Sinn, Finlayson, Williams, Charleson and K.Marshall end up at the end of 2025, opposed to selling one of the Soul players mentioned above ☝️.

If selling anyone this year to get back into the first or second round it would be DBJ, McIntee or Farrell as the only players to hold ‘respectable value’ with options to replace them already presenting from within the playing list.

Last edited:

The following I think happens or will be given very serious consideration to happening;

Cut because of Age
Boak
Dixon
McKenzie - just can't get over injuries

Cut/trade because not performing
Burton
Clurey
Williams
1 of Kyle Marshall or Tom McCallum

6 to 8 changes each year is pretty standard for most teams, and we fit the profile of an average team ie most teams.

Sid Draper being talked up by ESPN as the potential #1 pick

Good. I’ll be very happy if Adelaide miss out on him and have to choose a vic lad, for which their recruiter is pretty poor at doing.

I can see the bottom cpl of vic teams maybe leaning towards one of the vic mids but west coast should be keen on Draper.

Good. I’ll be very happy if Adelaide miss out on him and have to choose a vic lad, for which their recruiter is pretty poor at doing.

I can see the bottom cpl of vic teams maybe leaning towards one of the vic mids but west coast should be keen on Draper.
Hurn, Waters and Butler all turned out pretty well for them. Pavlich and Schammer for Fremantle. The Adelaide Kids seem to enjoy it over there.

If we are going to end up with picks the best mid and Alex Dodson would be a pretty good outcome.

Nothing wrong with Dodson, but we already have 3 capable ruckman.....even if we trade Soldo out, Sweet and Visentini are solid

Is Dodson really the way use our pick? Perhaps if we end up with 4 inside top 20 then maybe.

But small forwards would be the primary target and I'd go Joe Berry for that

And for Key Forward depth I'd target Harry Armstrong

All hypotheticals given we have no first rounders, but I'm not sure I'll be spending them on Mids or Dodson tbh

But small forwards would be the primary target and I'd go Joe Berry for that

And for Key Forward depth I'd target Harry Armstrong

We don't need to target a small forward we got access to our NGA Benny Barrett in this draft.

Charleston, Anastasopoulos, McEntee, F. Evans, Narkle and Rioli thats way too many small forwards. Most likely delist/trade either McEntee (most probable) or Narkle or F.Evans to make room for Barrett

We need to target Key Forwards in this draft. Dixon will retire and Finlayson out of contract this year MAYBE delisted based of his poor performance...

We don't need to target a small forward we got access to our NGA Benny Barrett in this draft.

Charleston, Anastasopoulos, McEntee, F. Evans, Narkle and Rioli thats way too many small forwards. Most likely delist/trade either McEntee (most probable) or Narkle or F.Evans to make room for Barrett

We need to target Key Forwards in this draft. Dixon will retire and Finlayson out of contract this year MAYBE delisted based of his poor performance...

Mcintee and narkle aren’t really small forwards, narkle should be delisted either this year or next, Evans should be delisted.

Our small forward contingent is rioli, anasta, Dbj if you consider him one and that’s borderline, Charleston and that’s up for debate so far. Add Barrett. Ok we’ve got some , the problem is that group is mostly unproven, and how many unproven do we want to add?

We need more small forwards tho.

Mcintee and narkle aren’t really small forwards, narkle should be delisted either this year or next, Evans should be delisted.

Our small forward contingent is rioli, anasta, Dbj if you consider him one and that’s borderline, Charleston and that’s up for debate so far. Add Barrett. Ok we’ve got some , the problem is that group is mostly unproven, and how many unproven do we want to add?

We need more small forwards tho.

Barrett would be the only small forward we take in the National draft. If we get any outside the National draft thats fine.

We all know McEntee, Narkle, Evans and DBJ are not small forwards, but looking from a list management/coaches point of view they are considered as small forwards hence I put them in that category.

Charleston, Anasta are unproven. McEntee, Evans and Narkle are not AFL level small forwards unless we're fooling ourselves. Rioli and SPP I'll count but DBJ is way too inconsistent and imo should be traded. We'll get Barrett but if we are serious, that only leaves us 5 pure small forwards across AFL and SANFL and that's not a lot considering Rioli misses a fair few games and SPP will be coming back from an ACL. If we dont get a first round pick, other names I'd consider are Datoli or Evan Bradley.

And to your point about KFs, I agree and hence why I said Harry Armstrong. He may well go top 5 though.

If we are looking for KFs later in the draft, Charlie Nicholls and West are options, but I think Polkinghorne is a very draftable prospect, albeit late, with lots of room to grow

I see Lachie Charleson is fast becoming this generation's Alipate Carlile or Jackson Trengove.

He's not a ****ing dance! :p

stems i love lucy GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the assumption we land a pick 10 or higher.

Harvey Langford is a brute. Will stand up in the midfield and have a presence forward.
Looks Clayton Oliver?

Currently ranked 10 by Cal Twomey

“Midfielder/Forward | 190cm | 15/03/2006

Stats: 32 disposals, 10 marks, 1 goal

Fresh off earning Larke Medal honours, Langford continued his ominous run of form with a game-high 32 disposals and 10 marks. The midfielder-forward impressed with his ability to stand up in tackles, but also accumulated possessions away from the stoppages. He had his fair share of chances inside 50 too, dribbling home a goal in the second quarter but going on to miss several opportunities thereafter. Still, his presence as a genuine marking target troubled Sandringham and put him into position to score in the first place.”

On the assumption we land a pick 10 or higher.

Harvey Langford is a brute. Will stand up in the midfield and have a presence forward.
Looks Clayton Oliver?

Currently ranked 10 by Cal Twomey

“Midfielder/Forward | 190cm | 15/03/2006

Stats: 32 disposals, 10 marks, 1 goal

Fresh off earning Larke Medal honours, Langford continued his ominous run of form with a game-high 32 disposals and 10 marks. The midfielder-forward impressed with his ability to stand up in tackles, but also accumulated possessions away from the stoppages. He had his fair share of chances inside 50 too, dribbling home a goal in the second quarter but going on to miss several opportunities thereafter. Still, his presence as a genuine marking target troubled Sandringham and put him into position to score in the first place.”

He's ranked 4th now. He was my favourite player of the Champs, love the way he plays

Who are the possible candidates at our current first pick? Is it around 30?

Cooper Hynes and Christian Moraes would be the two i’d hope are available at our pick

Players likely available around our first pick currently

Thomas SimsKey Forward12/5/06199cmNorthern Knights/Vic Metro
Noah MrazKey Defender 20/2/06197cm/82kgDandenong Stingrays/Vic Country
Jesse DattoliMidfielder/Forward7/8/06179cmNorthern Knights/Vic Metro
Harry O'FarrellKey Defender 3/5/06196cm/72kgCalder Cannons/Vic Metro
Kayle GerreynRuck10/5/06192cm/88kgWest Perth/Western Australia
Jasper AlgerForward17/12/06182cmOakleigh Chargers/Vic Country
Ned BowmanForward12/9/06186cmNorwood/South Australia
Joshua Dolan11/11/06177cmSandringham Dragons/Vic Metro
Charlie NichollsKey Forward8/6/06197cmCentral District/South Australia
Lucca GregoMidfielder15/8/06184cmWestern Jets/Vic Metro
Hamish DavisForward2/5/06190cm/85kgClaremont/Western Australia