Preview 2024 AFL Season, Penultimate round: St. Kilda Saints v Lara Kitties, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 17th of August 7:30PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteeleSaints what's so funny? Why do you want to hold back young talent and keep playing spuds?
Are these spuds the same spuds that beat the Sydney spuds a few weeks back?
french fries poop GIF

Think both our last 2 games are winnable. Not that that’s what people want. Campaigners.

Every game be winnable, just;

Last 5 is 3-2 their way, if we expand that out to last 10 it becomes 8-2 as we won once is '22 & '23, and thus far they won the last match this season, we have to go then go back to 2016 for our next win v them.

So suffice to say, kind of unlikely, anywhere, even in Brisbane during covid.

The Blues is much better as 3-2 our way, all at Marvel, then we go 4-1 in the next 5 to be 7-3 positive out of 10.

So Blues more likely than unlikely, Cats, as always, can GAGF and juice up so Danger can run 40m full tilt into a wall.

Would not surprise me if any players with niggles are encouraged to book in for surgery and / or start rehabilitation programs to prep for the upcoming preseason.

I’m sure RL still wants to win, but perhaps also wants to have another look at which young players might have the potential to step up early next year.

I’m expecting a couple of raised eyebrows over selection choices over the next couple of weeks

Not in the club’s long term interest to win the next 2 games and finish over the top of both Adelaide and Melbourne.

There's no reason why we can't give this a good shake. I think we'll push them. We've had our annual twice yearly blow out losses under RTB, and should be able to hang with the opposition, much like we have all year. The system is okay, we're playing better and faster, we just need to add skills.
The Cats are all hardened older bodies, so I'm not big in pushing too many untried kids into this match. Garcia has earned a call up, but no harm in him seeing out the year with Sandy. I'd keep McLennan in, he's done nothing to warrant being dropped, with JWeb the Sub again. Phillipou will have to come in for someone.

There's no reason why we can't give this a good shake. I think we'll push them. We've had our annual twice yearly blow out losses under RTB, and should be able to hang with the opposition, much like we have all year. The system is okay, we're playing better and faster, we just need to add skills.
The Cats are all hardened older bodies, so I'm not big in pushing too many untried kids into this match. Garcia has earned a call up, but no harm in him seeing out the year with Sandy. I'd keep McLennan in, he's done nothing to warrant being dropped, with JWeb the Sub again. Phillipou will have to come in for someone.
Could be a third blowout coming up. Maybe best to keep the team unchanged, though I think Pou could come in for Clark who seems a bit off the pace, and let Garcia see the season out at Sandy- should be ready for seniors with another preseason under his belt.

Would not surprise me if any players with niggles are encouraged to book in for surgery and / or start rehabilitation programs to prep for the upcoming preseason.

I’m sure RL still wants to win, but perhaps also wants to have another look at which young players might have the potential to step up early next year.

I’m expecting a couple of raised eyebrows over selection choices over the next couple of weeks

Not in the club’s long term interest to win the next 2 games and finish over the top of both Adelaide and Melbourne.
My eyebrow 🤨 still hasn’t returned to its rightful position from two weeks ago.

Can’t wait for this shit season to end. I’ve lost all interest in the rest of the matches. We don’t start our season until the trade and draft period.

Can’t wait for this shit season to end. I’ve lost all interest in the rest of the matches. We don’t start our season until the trade and draft period.
At least we've had some decent wins in the back end. Imagine North supporters.

Would be sweet if Garcia could come in and bring some of that VFL form. Might mean we actually have the bones of a decent midfield going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hear ye Hear ye.

For all you Gourmet toastie lovers..........here's your big chance to grab a treat at the Cafe at Rsea Park this week.

TRAINING ALERT:

Here's this weeks days/times for those planning to attend.......and grab a toastie of course !!!!!!

And the coffee's are sensational too.

It's a "short" week.

WED.......it's a "craft session"(whatever that entails) at 10 am ish.

THUR........the main session ........10.30.

Enjoy yr toastie and coffee.

Over and out.
To any regular track watchers out there. Who is the large, tall, unfit looking guy in coach training gear who has been standing with the coaches the last couple of weeks? Wears a cap so hard to indentify.. Doesn’t interact with the players.

HBF out: "We expect we'll be fine down there"
Garcia in: "Our mids be kinda lax, hey, bring me that bloke that likes hugging people..."

Is how I imagine the selection meeting happened, as Boris be chill and will manage, whereas BJ would take a look at the Cats, blow a gasket as he went over available mids and make an emotive statement.

Tuohy's the only Geelong player I like apart from Holmes so I now I want to beat them even more. Really hate this mob so much that I'm not sure I can actually watch this.

Blicavs and the Guthries, as I have a soft spot for Sunbury boys making it big. The rest can GAGF, if they didn't cheat in '09 we'd have 2 flags so purge them.

At least we've had some decent wins in the back end. Imagine North supporters.

Would be sweet if Garcia could come in and bring some of that VFL form. Might mean we actually have the bones of a decent midfield going forward.
He’s in

HBF out: "We expect we'll be fine down there"
Garcia in: "Our mids be kinda lax, hey, bring me that bloke that likes hugging people..."

Is how I imagine the selection meeting happened, as Boris be chill and will manage, whereas BJ would take a look at the Cats, blow a gasket as he went over available mids and make an emotive statement.

Blicavs and the Guthries, as I have a soft spot for Sunbury boys making it big. The rest can GAGF, if they didn't cheat in '09 we'd have 2 flags so purge them.
Dunno, if some of the big name Saints had pulled their collective fingers out on the day, we would have won a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back