Preview 2024 AFL Season, Penultimate round: St. Kilda Saints v Lara Kitties, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 17th of August 7:30PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m fine with us losing to the Cats but if we are the deciding factor in the Blues making finals then I want us to absolutely pulverise them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don’t think you’re the Lone Ranger there bull 🐂

I don't want to win either game.
Go Cats
Go Blues.
Usually I say win every game possible but to go from 4 and 5 to 7 and 8 which will be at least 8 and 9 after Ashcroft would be an absolute disaster.
Fancy losing Battle for pick 9 FFS

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You’re right of course.
Apologies, don’t know what I was thinking 🙄🤣
(I’ve been going on about finishing as low as possible for a while)

Good to hear, I think you can see it in his footy too. His energy and confidence since the Essendon game seems to have skyrocketed, almost as if a penny has dropped. Looking forward to seeing what he brings next year, should be a walk-up start in the 1s and could make us a whole lot better. Seems to be a big game / big moment player too.

Another preseason in the weights room should see him stronger in the arms, and core, making him more able to hold those marks that he so often gets his hands to, but which sometimes gets jarred free.

My last post for the season. Fed up of reading shite about us wanting to lose every week going back as far as the bye rounds. No wonder the match preview thread is only 5 pages long. Noticeably all the optimistic, passionate posters have disappeared. I'll leave you all to get your rocks off over the trade and draft periods which seemingly is the highlight of your season.

I'll be at Marvel the next two weeks cheering the Saints on as usual. Over and out.

My last post for the season. Fed up of reading shite about us wanting to lose every week going back as far as the bye rounds. No wonder the match preview thread is only 5 pages long. Noticeably all the optimistic, passionate posters have disappeared. I'll leave you all to get your rocks off over the trade and draft periods which seemingly is the highlight of your season.

I'll be at Marvel the next two weeks cheering the Saints on as usual. Over and out.

Good on you for your stance, I'll be there as well. I still think that losing the last 2 games will actually be beneficial to our future as opposed to bragging about another team we hate missing the finals, just like we are going to.

So yeah, my focus is on the future and the best outcome for our future after a shit season is getting one or two of the best kids in the country. Those other clubs don't occupy space in my head, if we miss finals I couldn't care who makes them if it's not beneficial to our future.

It's a deep draft, but in my humble opinion there are 4 standouts for us. Followed by half a dozen good ones.

If getting our rocks off over the best chance to improve our future list isn't ok by you, so be it. The AFL rewards a lower position on a ladder, so if you can't play finals - you may as well be rewarded with the best picks.

Ross is hardly blooding kids like Heath, Keels, Hastie and Arie so the whole winning culture means a lot less to these guys anyway.

Good on you for your stance, I'll be there as well. I still think that losing the last 2 games will actually be beneficial to our future as opposed to bragging about another team we hate missing the finals, just like we are going to.

So yeah, my focus is on the future and the best outcome for our future after a shit season is getting one or two of the best kids in the country. Those other clubs don't occupy space in my head, if we miss finals I couldn't care who makes them if it's not beneficial to our future.

It's a deep draft, but in my humble opinion there are 4 standouts for us. Followed by half a dozen good ones.

If getting our rocks off over the best chance to improve our future list isn't ok by you, so be it. The AFL rewards a lower position on a ladder, so if you can't play finals - you may as well be rewarded with the best picks.

Ross is hardly blooding kids like Heath, Keels, Hastie and Arie so the whole winning culture means a lot less to these guys anyway.
wait wait wait....hardly blooding kids???

I guess the likes of Phillipou, Wilson, Garcia, Hastie, Schoenmakers, McLennan, Collard and to a lesser extent (because they were drafted before Lyon started) Nas, owens and windy are all 10 year veterans???

lol he's played the kids that have deserved to be played

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait wait wait....hardly blooding kids???

I guess the likes of Phillipou, Wilson, Garcia, Hastie, Schoenmakers, McLennan, Collard and to a lesser extent (because they were drafted before Lyon started) Nas, owens and windy are all 10 year veterans???

lol he's played the kids that have deserved to be played

Garcia and Hastie have barely played a full game and have mainly been played out of position.

Arie and Gus were dropped as soon as they made a mistake. Collard a strange selection in hindsight but injuries dictated that.

I'll give you Pou and Darce, but they are first round standouts.

It's not a major issue and not really the point I was wanting to focus on rather than a passing comment. He's had his chances to blood kids, but (possibly rightfully so) he hasn't handed any free passes or put much trust in kids in the seniors.

Garcia and Hastie have barely played a full game and have mainly been played out of position.

Arie and Gus were dropped as soon as they made a mistake. Collard a strange selection in hindsight but injuries dictated that.

I'll give you Pou and Darce, but they are first round standouts.

It's not a major issue and not really the point I was wanting to focus on rather than a passing comment. He's had his chances to blood kids, but (possibly rightfully so) he hasn't handed any free passes or put much trust in kids in the seniors.
but they don't need to. it's all about preparing them for the future. alot of kids you play flat out in the seniors will ruin them.

our development of them have been absolutely top notch

Suns are good at home, so the problem is that Dees are a strong chance to lose both their games, and to then possibly slide lower than us.
This would be a bit of a whoopsie for us, but an absolute disaster for the Dees. Imagine having their list and finishing potential bottom 4

I mean, he even gave McLennan the number one small role last week and played webster as the sub

if that isn't trusting the kids, I don't know what is

I will be barracking for us to win this game and our last game against Carlton.

If it costs us a better first round draft pick then so be it, it doesn't guarantee we will pick a better player.

No better example than us picking a future gun like Phillipou with our pick 10 and Essendon picking a dud in Tsatas with pick 5.

but they don't need to. it's all about preparing them for the future. alot of kids you play flat out in the seniors will ruin them.

our development of them have been absolutely top notch

Is that true though? Fact is, we've only had 2 players from these past two drafts who have regularly played footy.

Sandy have improved this year, but developing in a substandard environment isn't always the best option and you could easily argue that it's ruined careers.

I'm on the fence a bit, because there's more than one way to skin a cat. I can agree with you somewhat, but if finals aren't a chance - I'm not against throwing some kids into the deep end to give them a taste abd make them hungry for preseason.

I will be barracking for us to win this game and our last game against Carlton.

If it costs us a better first round draft pick then so be it, it doesn't guarantee we will pick a better player.

No better example than us picking a future gun like Phillipou with our pick 10 and Essendon picking a dud in Tsatas with pick 5.
I couldn't agree with you more.

All the BS talk of wanting our team to lose to gain a an extra rung up the draft ladder makes me want to vomit. **** 'ing shameful, hang your heads you traitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back