Autopsy 2024 AFL Season: Rnd 21 Saints v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at Essendon they weren't worth jack last week and probably do the hardest road trip downing Freo.

McLennan looks like a player, so better to persist with him instead of Bonner.

Cannot see anything positive attributes with Dow...need a proper preseason I think.

I would let Battle go if we can as we need premium mid fielders.

Steele looked not that interested...maybe he is on the move....who knows

Next year Saints

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Driving to Marvel can hardly be called a road trip 😅

Saints scarfs perhaps...we were seriously bad.

Just one of those games when your season is finished and nothing worth serious injury commitment towards. It was like we had flu go through the side the way they played today everything was off

Two grabs at everything tackles marks ground balls etc

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Owens only started as a mid because after the bounce, the plan was for Marshall to drag McInerny away from subsequent bounces and Owens to become the ruckman.

Looked like the coaching staff had a very definite plan which they hoped would nullify the Lions midfield but it failed dismally.

All the mids (including Marshall) seemed to be focussed on their opponents rather than the ball.

Interesting as it was mentioned in the post match presser that the players may have thought "they were moved around too much." Not word for word quote but that's what was mentioned my Ross.

Dow was meant to bring something to our mids. I've still yet to see what it is.
Yes he was but he not shown it yet - but it also must be mentioned he never got going from preseason due to injury , suppose he has next season to show his worth or he will be moved on.
and in saying that he he going to find it hard to get a crack in the middle with the likes of Phillipou , Windhager most probably going to be the core of our midfield with Steele , Clark and hopefully a new player that is brought in.

Two of them kicked in the last quarter by Marshall who isn't one of our forwards, our forwards went missing and kept on missing.

Yes he was but he not shown it yet - but it also must be mentioned he never got going from preseason due to injury , suppose he has next season to show his worth or he will be moved on.
and in saying that he he going to find it hard to get a crack in the middle with the likes of Phillipou , Windhager most probably going to be the core of our midfield with Steele , Clark and hopefully a new player that is brought in.

Yeah I would hold fire on Dow for now, he has had an injury interrupted first year with us but he needs to show more next year.

We deserve it way more than North. They won a couple of premierships there in the 90's, and we're making prelims there until they blew up their list for a billion handouts.
Pretty sure you blokes had two chances in two weeks to win a flag since then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went and saw Deadpool and Wolverine with my son at 3pm so i missed the start of the game. Oh well.
We were looking for somewhere to eat afterwards, walked past the The Sporting Globe, saw the score, ok we aren't eating here.

Contested Possession stats.
McLuggage 14
Neale 12
Battle 12
Dunkley 9
Naz 8
McInerney 8
Smith 8
Brain 8
Starchevich 7
Raynor 7
Phillipou 7
Daniher 7
Ashcroft 7
Zorko 6
Wilson 6
Steele 6
Marshall 6

Berry 6

Clearances
Neale 14
McLuggage 9
Duncly 7
Smith 5
Philipou 5
Marshall 4
Dead pool any good ?

Pretty sure you blokes had two chances in two weeks to win a flag since then
2010 and fallen off a cliff for 15 years since...one elimination final win, and one elimination final loss against the grain. No handouts or concessions. You guys were playing prelims a few years ago, and have been handed the keys to the palace since.
F*CK off.

Yeah just desperately need to hold on to Pou and Nas.
Yep 100%
Let’s face it that’s the future with Wilson Windhager Henry King Owens etc but you get the feeling that pound for pound “star” power right now ….its NAS and Pou then daylight….these two ooze class
Must sign to long term deals lock them away

Can't wait to see Bonner not get dropped after being subbed at half time for the 2nd time in a month.

He's played every game when not injured this season somehow.
He’s got to go
I’m sorry for every good kick he does he’s soft and follows with a turnover
Hinkley saw it ….. cmon Ross eyes wide open time
Depth ..if that …pump games into kids Bonner has peaked

Dow has got worse as the season has progressed. He shouldnt have been playing he didnt deserve to be promoted after his VFL game, but I guess after losing Clark they wanted a bigger body in the middle.
I’m not big on Dow but he at least deserves a bit of leniency. He has barely played all year. Been injured for 70% of it and hasn’t played in 5-6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 AFL Season: Rnd 21 Saints v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back