Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth a try.
Too much of a long kick for FF, would be a waste.
CHF for Arie, banging goals from inside the square.

Game plan.
a) Sinclair or Marshall get the ball, handball to Ari. Kick Goal.
b) Failing a ) Webster, Wilkie, or Battle get the ball, Handball to Nasiah or kick to Ari.. kick goal.
c) Naisah kick to Ari, kick goal.

My one wish for the rest of the year is to see the emergence of Pou as an AFL mid.

To see that we already have the piece we can build our future midfield around would be game-changing. Watching a couple of North games recently, they still look woeful but you can see in Wardlaw they have a crucial piece of the future. We need that. Hopefully, we already have that.

If Pou can become the player we all hope, he could be so damaging.
Windhager is king of the kids but Wardlaw is a bit of a freak and we're highly unlikely to get someone like him. Our youth core is highly driven and will self perpetuate if given the right support. Pou requires a slightly different lens, being still very young and a long way from physically matured he's a quintessential raw talent. By the end of this season he'll have about 40 games as a 19yo and probably close to 100 games by the time he fills out probably. You watch him from a distance in VFL and he moves like a old cartoon character.
Hot Dog Dancing GIF by joonasjoonas

Worth a try.
Too much of a long kick for FF, would be a waste.
CHF for Arie, banging goals from inside the square.

Put Ari and Bonner patrolling around the 50 meter mark. If they get it shoot for goal. Bypass the forwards. Hawks did that too us last year. Shot long range and went over our grid or got it inside and flicked it around by hand until we lost structure. Adelaide copied it and hit an extraordinary amount of long range goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Bonner play more wing or half back last week?

If wing, you'd think Brynes comes in for him. If back, Paton?

He seems to have been forward more lately. High HF I guess. Byrnes played that last year.

I feel like he could be one of those that performs similar at AFL level to VFL level - we won't see a major difference in his numbers between the two levels. System player

Hope so. He's been a bit underwhelming so far.

High HF?? He's been exclusively half back and wing

Watch the Brisbane game again and he was up there against Port unless he was drifting in with the play.

I know he's going to be fine long term, but Mitch Owens has had a pretty poor season so far, after being close to top 3 players at the club last year. I think we might have gone a bit early - as always - starting with his name as examples of the club's rosy future.

He'll be a good player, but he needs to find consistency and start attacking the contest like he was in the first part of 2023.

Does he need a bit of a tune-up in the Zebs? Find his alpha self again and come back guns blazing? Or do we just need him in the seniors no matter what firm he's in?
I think he's just having a down year. Over did it in the off-season too. With Max out we might see a bit of last year come out again.

His numbers need to improve otherwise we are stagnating, i would rather see Seb with his 20+ then a 12 pos game, whats happened to Seb ???
I think Seb is finished, and unless he is given a farewell game he probably shouldn't play again. He is close in age to Hill and Wood, but based on his output and impact on games we are better off finding out more about the rest of our list. His last 20+ disposal game was round 9 against Norf and in his last 3 games he had 6, 8(sub) and 10 disposals.

So one of Zak Jones, Arie Schoenmaker and Max Hall to miss?

1720157495560.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back