Autopsy 2024 AFL Season Round 17 vs Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to see Garcia in for Windy-injured, not Seb
& Heath for Owens, not Campbell, for next game.
Membrey lucky to retain his spot, but only Cordy or Keeler to replace him.

Would like to see Garcia in for Windy-injured, not Seb
& Heath for Owens, not Campbell, for next game.
Membrey lucky to retain his spot, but only Cordy or Keeler to replace him.
Garcia can't play half back. It'll probably be Bonner/Stocker/Paton in for Windy. Owens stays in, still a good contest player up forward. Keeler played back in VFL, no chance he replaces Membrey. Heath for Membrey is most likely but I highly doubt it

Garcia can't play half back. It'll probably be Bonner/Stocker/Paton in for Windy. Owens stays in, still a good contest player up forward. Keeler played back in VFL, no chance he replaces Membrey. Heath for Membrey is most likely but I highly doubt it

Was Windhager playing half back?

Best part about the whole game was Phillipou for mine. His game was all damage. Ideally in time the contested numbers go up but ball use was brilliant, had four shots on goal, to say we needed someone like that would be the biggest understatement in history. Now we just need to find a couple more.

I thought Membrey was good. Why are we replacing him?

I thought Membrey was good. Why are we replacing him?
That’s the interesting thing. All the out of contract players we have.
I think we’re dangling the carrot to see what we might get.
If we intend on challenging around 2026 onwards we won’t want too many kids. We’ll need some campaigners and senior citizens.

That’s the interesting thing. All the out of contract players we have.
I think we’re dangling the carrot to see what we might get.
If we intend on challenging around 2026 onwards we won’t want too many kids. We’ll need some campaigners and senior citizens.

I thought we were talking for the next game not next year. It is interesting though. If we are moving on to Hammer I think it's not fair to him to have him play out his days at Sandy but he still has some gas in the tank when you see that game and would be handy depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney got 1 week.

Rankine got 4 weeks.

Expect Sydney to appeal and Heeney to get off, a fine at best, whilst Webster searches for a new nose.

Imagine if Jimmy had done the same thing to Heeney. It would have been time to erect the gallows.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Sharamn can take his opportunity while King is out. But let's remind ourselves Sharman puts one good game in every 20 so he needs to grab his opportunity and build consistency
so if that's the numbers he has played two good games since debuting and somehow has managed selection, scamming the coaches into picking him for the other 40 games lol
I think we looked better without Bonner
same
he has some good stats, i posted them a couple of weeks ago but has no defensive hard edge at all
Arie takes his spot now,easy decision for me...that backline as it was this week...is how it should stay

We persisted for far too long with Bonner. I’ll be flat if he comes back into the team.

Apart from the pressure of that came, our link up work was damn impressive. We were getting the ball forward TO players.
We were actually picking out targets and hitting them.
Webster, Nasiah, Wilkie, Battle, Sinclair, Ari , all of them were spotting up a player and doing a good job of getting it to them most of the time.

Bonner might struggle. Ross might struggle. It might be why Garcia wasn't picked for the team.

Heeney got 1 week.

Rankine got 4 weeks.

Expect Sydney to appeal and Heeney to get off, a fine at best, whilst Webster searches for a new nose.

Its perfectly set up for the MRO to save face and say 'I suspended him' and the tribunal to come along and turn it over cos 'Cripps' or similar.

TBH I like Heeney. Webster ain't hurt (to the point of missing games). Heeney getting suspended changes nothing for us. (we aint playing them again anytime soon) I don't really care if he gets off or not.

View attachment 2042674
Perfect 10 for Mattaes!!!! first of would say
Always find it interesting looking at this. So so so happy for Mattaes. Having said that, if Steele was a 19 year old having a breakout game he's going to be up there where Mattaes is. What I'm saying is that he is a victim of his own high standards - I'm sure he couldn't care less.

Wilkie was outstanding in defence, as was Howard. I'd expect Howard to get a vote and Wilks a couple more. As for Hill, watching live he was huge and ran so hard and repeated that constantly. I'd say Ross gave the 3, it's not always obvious but if I was coaching us he'd be in my top few as well due to his work rate and influence on the way we want to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back