Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 24 - Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 25th August, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to training this morning and got to meet a few of the Brains Trust and other regular watchers which was fantastic.Thanks for the chat fellas! Its a great vibe around the club these days.

Spoke to a number of players they are all hush on contract situations which is to be expected. Jimmy Webster is a lot bigger in person he seemed taller and heavier than Wilkie.

Windhager has a nice op scar on his hamstring and is hobbling still. Van Es running freely before training, he is a huge lad.

Then got a tour of the RSEA Park by the lovely Rachel and took a few photos.

Watched a light training run, Brad Hill looks proppy on a knee (not back) and left the field early. Hopefully he can get up. Byrnes running laps and Keeler in the pool and a few in the gym. No idea who is coming in for Caminiti. Heath still wearing the non contact cap.

The word was there is a new Irish kid joining the club or trialling and he was out training wearing 46. He looks a wingman size quite fine but kicks the ball ok, apparently has been doing a lot of skills work with Lenny.

Last edited:

Out - Caminiti, Hill with that back issue?

In - Phillipou, Hayes

Get Pou back in for one more dominant midfield performance we can obsess about all off season.

As much as I'd like a debut for Heath or Keeler, neither did anything yesterday to warrant it. Give Hayes another go - maybe he can play well enough to tempt another club into trading for him.
Is Hayes out of contract?

Maybe they can play a post season match against Essendope in September and pretend it’s a final…?

Maybe they can play a post season match against Essendope in September and pretend it’s a final…?

Round robin.
Tigers, Pies, Blues, Bombers all get together for mini cup.
It's shaped like a teardrop.

If the bombers win - filled with undisclosed liquid.
If the Blues win - trophy core is made out of cardboard.
If the Pies win - trophy is white sheen, but after 24 hours it goes jet black and lets out a wail as it shifts.
Tigers win - add alcohol and set it on fire.

They can all feel special and big 4 mighty whilst the top 8 play for the actual cup.

I have to fess up and say I ventured onto their forum last night.....first time I'd visited an oppo forum all season.

Firstly.....their arrogance is absolutely breathe taking......we may as well not turn up.

Secondly..........every 5th post mentioned the "aints".....haven't seen that term in regard to us for quite a while.

The usual suspects trotted out......."boutique club....irrelevant......aints.......nothing to worry about ......an ordinary foward line.....Ross will refer to his usual defensive tactics...etc ...etc"

Who do they think they are....Norf fans bagging us about "no mans land" etc etc.

Anyway....sticks and stones ....you know the drill.

Having said that....I hope we smash em.
Me too.
Exactly what you said.
Need a shower after going there. Yuck. That'll teach me.

I have to fess up and say I ventured onto their forum last night.....first time I'd visited an oppo forum all season.

Firstly.....their arrogance is absolutely breathe taking......we may as well not turn up.

Secondly..........every 5th post mentioned the "aints".....haven't seen that term in regard to us for quite a while.

The usual suspects trotted out......."boutique club....irrelevant......aints.......nothing to worry about ......an ordinary foward line.....Ross will refer to his usual defensive tactics...etc ...etc"

Who do they think they are....Norf fans bagging us about "no mans land" etc etc.

they are scared, very scared. Carlton people I know have been avoiding me.

Dislike blues. Hope we win well against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re (Carlton fans) saying some not very nice things about our beloved football club in their preview thread.
Must win.
You've got under their skin and fired them up now. Their barbs are really cutting.🤣

If you go over for a look, which I unfortunately did, it's like visiting a mental asylum.

1724219342711.png

My son is staying home rather than attend with his Carlton supporting brother in law. This will all end in tears Carlton have picked a bad time to have a lot of injuries and the foot soldiers returning from Perth will find this a much tougher ask.

The supporters are delusional and have forgotten they were getting beaten and falling down the ladder. Carlton had lost 5 of the last six leading into last week. All this of course will just make it quite ugly when we crush them on Sunday, the abuse they direct at there own players and the coach is next level.

Stay classy carlscum.

The Boss has also ventured over for a look.

aWmKVwt.jpeg

They're just wheeling out the same old stale nonsense.

You'd think the AFL world could come up with some new insults.

Clubs like Carlton still act classist towards sides like St Kilda. It's a problem in general with the big vic clubs and AFL house in general.

You've got under their skin and fired them up now. Their barbs are really cutting.🤣

If you go over for a look, which I unfortunately did, it's like visiting a mental asylum.

View attachment 2086525
Haha, whenever I read Saints now I don’t think I’ll be able to unsee ‘stains’ never considered that anagram.
Also had chuckle about the guy who said our players always seem to have weird faces - that might kind of be true but we love em anyway. As bad as we’ve been at stages over the years you never see saints fans spitting over the race and hurling abuse.
The rest is just typical petulant garbage.

They're just wheeling out the same old stale nonsense.

You'd think the AFL world could come up with some new insults.

Clubs like Carlton still act classist towards sides like St Kilda. It's a problem in general with the big vic clubs and AFL house in general.
they can drop the first letter all they want. we drop theor first letter and they rhyme with "lose", which has been absolutely accurate for them this century...

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back