AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

that was my guess, I actually thought it looked good as well and would be fine if they made that switch permanently
Unfortunately my poor brain couldn't compute
Felt like I was watching from the ground but I was in my house

Rachel Kearns will be a test for this week’s clash with North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos after sustaining a chest injury in Geelong’s AFLW season-opener.

Kearns was initially assessed at the stadium on Saturday night, before being taken to hospital for further assessment, and was back at the Club on Monday.

Geelong Cats Assistant General Manager of Football Brett Johnson said the Club would continue to monitor Kearns throughout the week before determining her availability for Sunday’s match.

“Rachel was a strong performer early in the game against Melbourne on Saturday, including kicking a great goal, before a chest injury ruled her out from finishing the game,” Johnson said.

“We will continue to monitor and assess Rachel throughout the week and ensure her wellbeing is at the forefront of decision-making.”

The Cats otherwise had a clean bill of health out of the game.

Geelong takes on North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos this Sunday at Arden Street Oval, with first bounce at 3.05pm.

Be One in Hoops in 2024 and sign up as a Cats AFLW member today.

Geelong Cats Deakin Health Update Week 2

PlayerInjuryTimeline
Rachel KearnsChestTest
Chloe ScheerToeSecond half of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back