AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Incredible we managed a draw against a team that has 313% (and will be higher after today's demolition of the Bombers).

Reckon the Melbourne loss will come back to bite us. They haven't been great this year. Really, the only unwinnable game we've served up this year is the stinker against the Blues (of all teams!). We've been competitive but 1) injuries and 2) not taking our chances have pretty much made this season a wash.

It may not have lasted, but even in the Carlton match we had chances early in the game when we were dominating possession - Webster scored (maybe even a goal) but it called back for running too far, and we had another shot on goal from maybe Morrison but that was also called back with another free kick against us

As much as that final scoreboard looked one sided - who knows what happens if we took those early chances

Because I know there was a question about it earlier about different players TOG, and ignoring the injured Featherston we had 3 available players with 50% TOG

View attachment 2148302

Bella Smith was impactful on the game with such little time on ground. Surprised it’s so low.

We’ve been lacking that crash & bash midfielder. She looks a promising type IMO.

Even if Darcy Moloney is fit, I’d be reluctant to change up our midfield mix for next week. Darcy has been pretty ordinary this year. Today the midfield worked beautifully. Amy Mac could well be fit, next week so she slots in there, but I wouldn’t change much more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW 2024 AFLW season - Geelong & the greater league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back