4. Tom Stewart - 117 votes
5. Tyson Stengle - 107 votes
6. Gryan Miers - 95 votes
7. Ollie Dempsey - 73 votes
8. Ollie Henry - 69 votes
9. Brad Close - 66 votes
10. Patrick Dangerfield - 65 votes

How the voting works​

After each game, the Senior and Assistant Coaches review and rate each players performance on a scale of 0 to 10. Votes are only polled in games where a player’s performance has been deemed of a high quality by the coaching group. All matches are counted towards their final total.
3 (including winner) 22yo and under, 5 25yo and under and 7 of the top 10 26 and under. In a team that could have one the flag. So much for old team!

How did Bruhn go in the awards?

Well he was in the top 10 after 11 matches despite already missing 2 and being subbed off injured in a 3rd. It's fair to assume with a full season he would've made the top 10.

It looks like the coaches are under his spell and can't see reality either.

Well he was in the top 10 after 11 matches despite already missing 2 and being subbed off injured in a 3rd. It's fair to assume with a full season he would've made the top 10.

It looks like the coaches are under his spell and can't see reality either.
Did he make the top 15? I wonder how many votes he got in the prelim

Did he make the top 15? I wonder how many votes he got in the prelim
I'd love to know what your contention is with Bruhn. Are you suggesting (a) he won't make it as a high quality player? Or that (b) he isn't one yet? Or (c) something else?

You may have stated this clearly elsewhere. If so, apologies for missing it. All I see are these random pot shots and I'd love to know what's behind it of you're up for sharing.

I'd personally say Close. Had an okay year but must admit I'm surprised he's top 10.

But I guess Kolo is that type of unassuming player who just quietly does the business every game - maybe even the insiders at the club don't always see it.
Surely jack henry had a better year then kolo. He takes the tougher opponent each week and is providng us more intercepts to boot.

The other one that surprised me was atkins not making top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other one that surprised me was atkins not making top 10.
The guy is hard as a cat's head, and gives every millilitre that he has for the footy club, but he's pretty clearly had an ordinary second half of the year, and really struggles to find the ball for a midfielder, even given his limited minutes.

The comparison between him and Dunkley - playing the same role for Brisbane - in the Prelim was instructive. Atkins had twelve touches; Dunkley had 28. I know that disposals aren't the be all and end all, but if you can't win the footy, you really struggle to influence the game.

He's been solid, but not outstanding enough to crack the top 10 for mine. I can't think of anyone I'd take out.
Much much better than solid. Our 2nd best defender by a margin across the season. There are three names in there he was clearly better than. Personally had him odds on for top 5 and a smoky for top 3.

How is he better than Zac Guthrie and Tom Stewart?

IMO on a par with Jack Henry, both started slowly and came good later.

But, in reality, our defence was outshone by our small forwards and Cameron this year.
I said second best. Guthrie was clearly our best and the result reflected that faithfully.

Henry stunk it up for a good chunk. Kolo was great all year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2024 Carji Greeves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back