Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Hadn't seen the clips... but happy to hear that he's likely to stay.

The slight caveat is that the interview is quite cut-up, it's not clear what question he's responding to when he mentions loving the club and city. But I'm certainly more optimistic than I was this time yesterday.

Can't believe the amount of people who are fine to see Keane go. At some point we've gotta start holding onto good KPDs long term and he's still got a lot of improvement left in him. He offers a point of difference with ball in hand as well.

If he wants out, what can we do? We can definitely hold him for an extra year and go again at the trade table, but our position is weakened. If he's going to be the difference between a flag or not in 2025, then sure, keep him at all costs. But that's not the case. Plus, it's arguable whether he's in our first choice 3 tall defenders. Probably is for me with the way he takes the game on, just not sure the coaches are happy to swap that with Butts' defending value. Murray and Worrell are the 2 walk ups in my mind and then it's a choice between dour defending and extra intercepting/forward movement.

disagree. A best 22 AFL player over a SANFL player should have better trade value every day.

No, his value has been set by what he has shown playing in the AFL this year. It could be increased if he goes up a level, but I doubt that's happening. It could potentially decrease if he's gassed and has a terrible finish, but even then, him gassing it up wouldn't be unexpected. It could definitely decrease if he rips a hammy off the bone.

So that’s Butts done for the year then?
Yeah, no point playing him & making it worse.

Get him right for next season.

Relieved Muzz is OK. Club did the right thing subbing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A relief Murray is ok. Bad luck for Butts. This scare, on the back of what happened last season, puts any temptation to trade Keane at the end of this season on the back burner I would think.

The combination of Murray, Keane and Worrell would be good to see as the season comes to an end. Just hope we have them all to pick from come Round 1 next year.

A relief Murray is ok. Bad luck for Butts. This scare, on the back of what happened last season, puts any temptation to trade Keane at the end of this season on the back burner I would think.

The combination of Murray, Keane and Worrell would be good to see as the season comes to an end. Just hope we have them all to pick from come Round 1 next year.
We'll need them all (and possibly more) to stop the rampaging "King Charles" in a couple of weeks. 🤭

nank just said on 5aa that matt crouch might be right to go this week

https://www.afc.com.au/news/1608846/injury-update-round-20

Injury list as of Tuesday, July 23

Matt Crouch (shoulder) test

Nick Murray (knee) test

Karl Gallagher (hamstring) test

Will Hamill (finger) test

Josh Worrell (arm) test

Jordan Dawson (concussion protocol)

Jordon Butts (foot) season

Luke Pedlar (shoulder) season

Patrick Parnell (shoulder) season

Wayne Milera (knee) season

Of course we're rushing Crouch back

We probably should be calling time on Soligo's season if he is carrying a groin. But yeh, rushing Crouch back for 4 dead rubbers when we've got kids going ok and worthy of more midfield minutes is peak AFC. If Sog gets put out for the year, it does look a bit thin this week with only Laird and Berry as primary mids. Still, would be good to see whether Berry could accumulate more heavily when played as one of the 2 primaries. I know he's in good form in his role, but also wouldn't mind seeing Hinge run through the stoppages as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Back