2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly what it will have been. A handshake to move Shiel’s wage over so they push Gresham to band one. The AFL stopped us doing in an over the counter way so went back door. Geelong got Bowes and a high pick in some absolutely shonky way and the AFL runs to change the rules. We just try to do a little wage shift and get blocked.
The AFL should block his transfer to us.

That will show us what for.

CEO at a function last night said the compo for Battle might not be as healthy as first thought.
If we don't get band 1 and allow Battle to go, the admin needs to be held accountable.
Very concerned with what is being reported.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm a lot more detached from the draft these days. There's always been tiers before every draft, then you look back and 9 out of 10 times it didn't play out anywhere near as cleanly. Given the choice I would have taken Ward/Gibcus over Nas, etc. Let's hope Dalrymple can pick the eyes out of this one. I'm not going to be sad in any way if we end up with picks 5+6 or 7+8.

CEO at a function last night said the compo for Battle might not be as healthy as first thought.
If we don't get band 1 and allow Battle to go, the admin needs to be held accountable.

I would lock it in that the AFL will give us Band 2 compensation somehow.

Remember, nice things generally don't happen to us hahah

That would be a genuine disaster.

No better example of drive than Darcy Wilson
Speak to those who know him and the kid has been driven since he was 12
Highly motivated to get best out of himself very very Rob Harvey like that inner self discipline….thats gold
Yup beware the talented lazy bastards …
Just like Pou by all accounts.

Seriously? WTAF?
That would be a disaster.

A CEO from where, and which function?

Add some context if you’re going to write posts like this.

I talk to CEOs everyday. One of the told me Adelaide should trade Rachelle.

He has nothing to do with the AFL or the Adelaide football club so the statement has no real validation but it’s a statement none the less

A CEO from where, and which function?

Add some context if you’re going to write posts like this.

I talk to CEOs everyday. One of the told me Adelaide should trade Rachelle.

He has nothing to do with the AFL or the Adelaide football club so the statement has no real validation but it’s a statement none the less
St.Kilda CEO.

Not me but from somebody else.

'Was at an event today where st Kilda ceo took some questions, and here's a few takeaways.
Money wise, we made as much money from gate receipts for Maddy's match, as we did for the rest of our home fixtures combined.
We should go hard at the draft for 4-5 years to build a premiership list and we're about 3 years into it. Looking to be top 4 list in 2026/27 (he kept saying 2016, 2017).
The previous management was a bit premature in going for free agents.
BIG THING
Josh battle pushing to the end of the year means you've gotta worry about it. "We've crunched some numbers" regarding FA compensation and it "is not looking as healthy as it might have done" based on salary cap projections.
So based on that, I think he's saying it's looking like battle compo won't be a pick right after our first, like we first thought.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Kilda CEO.

'Was at an event today where st Kilda ceo took some questions, and here's a few takeaways.
Money wise, we made as much money from gate receipts for Maddy's match, as we did for the rest of our home fixtures combined.
We should go hard at the draft for 4-5 years to build a premiership list and we're about 3 years into it. Looking to be top 4 list in 2026/27 (he kept saying 2016, 2017).
BIG THING
Josh battle pushing to the end of the year means you've gotta worry about it. "We've crunched some numbers" regarding FA compensation and it "is not looking as healthy as it might have done" based on salary cap projections.
So based on that, I think he's saying it's looking like battle compo won't be a pick right after our first, like we first thought.'

Could have written it months ago..

St.Kilda CEO.

BIG THING

That would be a disaster. Hopefully just matter of us not getting ahead of ourselves and playing it down publicly

St.Kilda CEO.

BIG THING

Interesting but sounds a lot like fence sitting to me.

Publicly they’re not going to say hey we’ve crunched numbers and Josh leaving nets us Band 1 so happy days.

CEOs are politicians, they understand every word they say.

I’d be very surprised if it’s not band one, and if it’s not then the reality is there was more than just cash on the table that motivated Josh to leave, in which case we’ve done what we can to convince him to stay.

St.Kilda CEO.

BIG THING

Absolute disaster incoming for the club.

'Don't trust everything you read on the internet'

- Abraham Lincoln 2k24

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every new contract that we hear about will be in "future money" and will potentially push Battle back down the pecking order.
You'd think that St. Kilda would have taken that into account when they gave him his offer - if they know the TPP will be increasing though, it should have been commensurate with that.

Every commentator talking about this ( yeah I know they're also just spit-balling) mentions Josh's compo as in the first band. They're all saying its a no-brainer for the Saints.

You'd think that St. Kilda would have taken that into account when they gave him his offer - if they know the TPP will be increasing though, it should have been commensurate with that.

Every commentator talking about this ( yeah I know they're also just spit-balling) mentions Josh's compo as in the first band. They're all saying its a no-brainer for the Saints.
The important one is Cal Twomey, he's been banging on about the compo pick all season & generally he would be spot on considering he works as a AFL media man.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back