2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

ok just watched some pre injury FOS highlights... kid looks really really good. I don't know much about his injuries, but if our docs think he is fine long term I'd be super happy to use a pick on him. Really good sidestep, dynamic, bit of a terrier with the ground ball, puts his head over it, fast and has a big boot, makes good decisions and above average disposal.

and as an under ager (i think) playing with reid

I don't know much about his injuries either, but looking back through the drafts, the main cause of early draft picks not having a great career is injury.
There are far more Tom Scully, Jaeger O'Meara types than Paddy Dow types.

I don't know much about his injuries either, but looking back through the drafts, the main cause of early draft picks not having a great career is injury.
If I remember correctly, Finn's injuries have been finger and thumb injuries, so nothing that clubs would be too worried about I assume.

The only reason FOS might not be at the top-end of the draft is due to his lack of exposure this year, and others improving their draft standing.

However, clubs would be well aware of how great Finn's past two years have been. He could be a top-three pick from those last couple of years alone.

ok just watched some pre injury FOS highlights... kid looks really really good. I don't know much about his injuries, but if our docs think he is fine long term I'd be super happy to use a pick on him. Really good sidestep, dynamic, bit of a terrier with the ground ball, puts his head over it, fast and has a big boot, makes good decisions and above average disposal.

and as an under ager (i think) playing with reid

Oh we’d be super happy to use a kick on him. You’d call his name before we were even on the clock. Just hoping there might be 1 or 2 more that really kill it late yo boost our prospects (or force a slider)

There’s not a lot of love out there for Langford aside from Cal and this board. One that I’ve not paid a lot of attention to has been Bo Allan. Not only athletic and tall, but he’s got some mongrel at clearances. Apparently very competitive. If we slid back a few spots, I wouldn’t be unhappy with him.

Cal seems to have Murphy Reid relatively high at 5.

Whats the knock? hard ball and size?

Speed. He looks fantastic but tested badly. Some suggest he might be one that is hard to find a position for but don't get it. Looks classy as. Might have a bit of Hunter Clark's pace though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty just aren't that good or lose interest in footy too.

Plenty just aren't that good or lose interest in footy too.
and some just can't handle the demands/professionalism of being an AFL player...We've seen plenty at St K over the last few years....who was that left footed forward?

Full Champs highlights of the standout key defender in the draft pool Luke Trainor.

we should definitely let battle go and use his pick on trainor, in 5 years (injury and form depending) we could even have ourselves a battle replacement!

but in all seriousness, I'm guessing people rate him to have a pretty high ceiling? His kicking looks elite, intercepting pretty good too, how is he one on one though?

Twomey saying Harvey Langford is a massive watch for pick 1 in the last few weeks of the season.

Said Jagga is a chance and that the club picking at #1 will change who may go.

Said Smillie is still a shot as he is the most unique prospect due to his size. His game earlier this year was the best game from any kid in this draft this season that he had seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back