2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

eating-popcorn-watching.gif

Would have happened anyway, at last count before I had to step away I had the entire last page linked for deletion essentially.

Warnings would have ensued once completed, just my thoughts on Chief being the one popping in to do it;
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Real possibility this. Depends on WC and if they view fin as a flight risk as it is tough for interstate teams.
Tigs - smith
North - trainor
WC - FOS
ADE - Draper
St.k - Smil/langford
St.K - Lalor

I’m just an ordinary supporter who simply observes media reports. But I think you’ve nailed the top 4, especially picks 2 & 4. Both of those picks look to be locks.

Tigers will draft at pick 1 either Smith of FOS, whichever impresses them most with exposed VFL form.

West Coast will draft the player Tigers overlook.

The fly in the ointment will be if one of those 4 clubs splits their pick with another club.

Assuming Saints remain at pick 5, and then get pick 6 as compensation for Battle, then we are the club who will in all likelihood shake up the draft.

Especially if we start bidding for academy players or Father-Sons, which I suspect we will. And which we should.

IMO we will be the club to watch.

Real possibility this. Depends on WC and if they view fin as a flight risk as it is tough for interstate teams.
Tigs - smith
North - trainor
WC - FOS
ADE - Draper
St.k - Smil/langford
St.K - Lalor

That outcome could be a great draft for us to set us up for years, but at this point it's probably one of my least favourite scenarios.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Levi Ashcroft be bid on at no.1? Can't see any reason why whoever gets the #1 pick wouldn't force Brisbane to use as much draft capital as possible.
I think clubs like to give the glory to their own pick these days

That outcome could be a great draft for us to set us up for years, but at this point it's probably one of my least favourite scenarios.
in a really really good spot and it’s a very exciting time for us as we have been crying out for top end midfield talent for years. If we have two picks it can really shape our midfield to compliment the outside talent we have. If we have two picks I assume we would get a bit of a combo of a taller contested bull like Langford or smillie into something like lalor/draper/fos (anything is possible) Richmond is a watch. Jagga smith could fall if they don’t take him?

Tom Gross (Trinity)
The biggest name out there from an AFL Draft perspective. Gross was creative with his ball-use and won plenty of it on the inside. Didn’t absolutely dominate and looked to be spending time forward, where he dribbled one through for a goal in the third quarter and set up another with a desperate tackle. The AFL Academy member had a couple of big games at the national championships, including a 27-disposal effort against South Australia.

Bailey McKenzie (Brighton)
Formed a formidable combination with his Brighton Grammar teammate Richardson, having a strong aerial presence throughout the match and working hard to present. The Sandringham Dragons prospect hit the scoreboard in the second quarter after taking one back with the flight inside 50. The 191 centimetre prospect was invited to the state combine off the back of a dominant APS campaign, where he kicked five goals, and some big games at Talent League level for the Sandringham Dragons.

Tom Gross (Trinity)
The biggest name out there from an AFL Draft perspective. Gross was creative with his ball-use and won plenty of it on the inside. Didn’t absolutely dominate and looked to be spending time forward, where he dribbled one through for a goal in the third quarter and set up another with a desperate tackle. The AFL Academy member had a couple of big games at the national championships, including a 27-disposal effort against South Australia.

Bailey McKenzie (Brighton)
Formed a formidable combination with his Brighton Grammar teammate Richardson, having a strong aerial presence throughout the match and working hard to present. The Sandringham Dragons prospect hit the scoreboard in the second quarter after taking one back with the flight inside 50. The 191 centimetre prospect was invited to the state combine off the back of a dominant APS campaign, where he kicked five goals, and some big games at Talent League level for the Sandringham Dragons.

Love gross. His attack on the footy is first class just a solid old fashioned footballer. Will probably not be there at our second though

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back