2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Way way ott. Sunday was his biggest test as it was up against some of the premier midfielders so it was a good guage of where he is at imo. He was quite poor with his disposal in space and also when under pressure he panicked. Has tools but yeah. Was actually quite impressed with Cole. His voice and communication was very very good and his defensive acts are elite. Athletically a bit to work with there but also has a long way to go. Needs to be able to mark the ball and his kicking needs work. Lennox Hoffman was very impressive I think. Athletically very good. Skills very good. Defensively very good. He could develop into a really good prospect imo
Agree, but that was what was related (may not have been Warner, but definitely high level player).

Love that he's not good enough to trigger band 1 compo but once he arrives at Hawthorn, he will be considered an A grader who will put them into premiership contention.
Yep, flag faves based on two monumental recruits. But that’s the Hawthorn side of things. The St Kilda side is that he’s worth a pack of Twisties and a late 3rd

Was listening as well. Think he was hoping more than knowing. Said we have no access to know what Hawthorn's contract price is.

In saying that we've been brainwashed into believing it's a given by a few in here. There's commentary all over this board around what we will be doing with pick 8.

Will get ugly around here if it doesn't eventuate. I've got no idea where it lands.
That’s exactly right mate.

And as a good investor will tell you.
The herd is usually wrong.

Being a saints supporter for 35 years doesn’t help much either. We’re used to having not a lot of luck.

Damien Barrett just said “It can’t be a top 10 pick for Josh Battle, I’m sorry”

These guys speak to player managers and have a good idea of what sort money was offered etc.

Prepare yourselves for the lube.
Saints are about to get f***ed
He’s just saying he doesn’t agree with it. Have a bit of a sook it sounds like

Damien Barrett just said “It can’t be a top 10 pick for Josh Battle, I’m sorry”

These guys speak to player managers and have a good idea of what sort money was offered etc.

Prepare yourselves for the lube.
Saints are about to get f***ed
Only thing this confirms is that when we get band 1, this will be on our screens:

IF Josh Battle is worth pick 8
THEN the free agency compensation system is a farce and must be revised because I hate St Kilda and they do not deserve good things.

Davis frustrated my old man no end!
Had this laid back style about him.
Think the old man was just old school and didn’t appreciate Davis.
Yes. I could see how that could look. A bit of a Mark Waugh. Made it seem easy. But for a bloke under 6ft he could take the big mark. Played full forward for a while. He could position himself to take an easy mark one on one. Bit of Jesse Hogan.

And he watched the Doc so his ground ball skills were good. And he kicked straight. But always nice and easy. And a dirty day for him would look very dirty because of what your Dad saw. Didn’t look to be putting in.

Yes. I could see how that could look. A bit of a Mark Waugh. Made it seem easy. But for a bloke under 6ft he could take the big mark. Played full forward for a while. He could position himself to take an easy mark one on one. Bit of Jesse Hogan.

And he watched the Doc so his ground ball skills were good. And he kicked straight. But always nice and easy. And a dirty day for him would look very dirty because of what your Dad saw. Didn’t look to be putting in.
Pretty sure Yabby Jeans got pretty frustrated with him as well!! He was the epitome of a hot and cold player. When he was on - oh wow.. amazing skills.

If we did end up with 7 and 8 I would definitely be considering splitting one of those for a couple in the teens.

It looks an open draft for mid types and we may get a club keen to move up to grab Harry Armstrong who is probably less of a need for us.
I guess the question is who we target as mids in that range. Lindsay and Hotton, but both unlikely to be ‘on ballers’ as such. I could see Hynes as being more a power forward Owens type. I like Allan, but WC supporters think he will be a HBF.

It’s probably the spot for that type or a tall if we want them, but might not give us the double mid whack that we’re hoping for.

If we did end up with 7 and 8 I would definitely be considering splitting one of those for a couple in the teens.

It looks an open draft for mid types and we may get a club keen to move up to grab Harry Armstrong who is probably less of a need for us.
Depends who’s left at pick (8) and how far back we’re actually willing to go. I’m sure we’d be keen on Lindsay, Bo Allan, travaglia (less of a midfielder) And hotton.

Pretty sure Yabby Jeans got pretty frustrated with him as well!! He was the epitome of a hot and cold player. When he was on - oh wow.. amazing skills.
Allan Davis was one of my favourite players when I was a kid, but he was certainly hot and cold! In 1971 he kicked ten goals at Moorabbin early in the year against the Pies. Later that year in the Preliminary final he kicked six against Richmond and was BOG. A week later against the Hawks in the Grand Final he hardly touched it and only kicked one goal. We lost by 7 points, but I reckon if Davis had been hot rather than cold that day we would have won our second flag!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the question is who we target as mids in that range. Lindsay and Hotton, but both unlikely to be ‘on ballers’ as such. I could see Hynes as being more a power forward Owens type. I like Allan, but WC supporters think he will be a HBF.

It’s probably the spot for that type or a tall if we want them, but might not give us the double mid whack that we’re hoping for.
Who we target? I've got an idea... th%20(16).jpg th%20(14).jpg

So far as l can make out Lindsey and Travaglia are the best of the rest that suit our needs and we'd probably just have to use p7&8 unless there's a handshake deal with the other party.
In any event it will only happen on the night depending who slips through.

Lindsey is an on-baller. Just needs time to grow.

Was listening as well. Think he was hoping more than knowing. Said we have no access to know what Hawthorn's contract price is.

In saying that we've been brainwashed into believing it's a given by a few in here. There's commentary all over this board around what we will be doing with pick 8.

Will get ugly around here if it doesn't eventuate. I've got no idea where it lands.
Yeah I'm absolutely certain Battle compo won't be Pick 8. It will be Pick 9. People keep forgetting about Levi Ashcroft.

(Look at the stats, do the sums - no doubt Battle compo will be Band 1)

I’m not a huge fan. But I am starting to come around to Murphy Reid at our pick
retro games lemmings GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back