2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree theres lots of good players after the 1st round,but the ones l want are probably all between 7 and 20 with Hannaford being the likely outsider.

To move up this draft or get extra picks will cost a lot of capital. Most clubs will be wanting more picks not less with an average 2025 draft crop and Tasmania coming. I reckon guys like Gross, Faull, Shanahan, Whitlocks, Moraes, Tauru, Simms, Berry types are less certain but just as likely as a lot of the top tier.

Plays like Nick Daicos

I can definitely see that. He's the type to do a blind handball over his shoulder and hit a moving player, that's real Daicos stuff. Both seem to read the game faster than other.

To move up this draft or get extra picks will cost a lot of capital. Most clubs will be wanting more picks not less with an average 2025 draft crop and Tasmania coming. I reckon guys like Gross, Faull, Shanahan, Whitlocks, Moraes, Tauru, Simms, Berry types are less certain but just as likely as a lot of the top tier.
Yeah l understand that. It's just wishful thinking on my part.
Tauru and Berry are also strong chances for 1st round. I'd take both in a heartbeat.

Wow Hofmann just took a great overhead contested intercept mark over a pack of 5. Kick into the corridor which results in a Sandy goal
Took another intercept mark and delivered a 50m pass very well. Then followed up with a huge spoil a couple minutes later

He's a right-foot version of Webster. Wasn't scared to get involved with a scuffle too

He looks pretty good. Not sure if we have enough list spot for all our boys
Hofmann would be extremely stiff to not be selected. He's at least deserving of a rookie spot imo

We talk about Hastie and McLennan as Webster replacements...this guy is it attribute-wise

Let Hastie be an attacking half back and McLennan more an interceptor while this guy locks down on opposition smalls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hofmann would be extremely stiff to not be selected. He's at least deserving of a rookie spot imo

We talk about Hastie and McLennan as Webster replacements...this guy is it attribute-wise

Let Hastie be an attacking half back and McLennan more an interceptor while this guy locks down on opposition smalls
All 3 can intercept, attack and lock down, that’s the beauty of it.. maybe Mclennan is more of an intercept marker/lock down type and less attacking. if we nail a couple of key defenders including Cole, future backline is sorted

Can’t believe Brisbane get Ashcroft as a father son & Marshall as an academy.

at the game. Marshall is best on ground to half time.
3 goals and 17 touches to 3QT for Ashcroft.

Some clubs get all the luck.

Last edited:
Can’t believe Brisbane get Ashcroft as a father son & Marshall as an academy.

at the game. Marshall is best on ground to half time.
I feel like once you are in the Melbourne private school system and training at the best u18 team in the country, you really shouldn't be apart of a QLD zone anymore. Those Victorian systems are just as much responsible for your development at that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back