2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like once you are in the Melbourne private school system and training at the best u18 team in the country, you really shouldn't be apart of a QLD zone anymore. Those Victorian systems are just as much responsible for your development at that point.

Pretty much it's an academy, that's aimed to give grassroots instances for local development, this does absolutely SFA if you're going "local sucks, send this kid anywhere else" to ply that trade.

It's just more of the AFL having cake and wanting to eat it too per usual.

3 goals and 17 touches to 3QT.

Some clubs get all the luck.
Curious how they'll get the points to match both Marshall and Ashcroft as they only have 15 53 and 69 at the moment (worth 1394 points - which drops even further if they win today). 2400 required to match a bid at pick 1, 730 for pick ~20. Dev Robbo might get them a late pick but then what?

Richmond seem to be obvious candidate with picks coming out their ears and an option to bid on Ashcroft at #1. I'm sure they'll be asking for the 15 + F1 as part of any deal (which includes not bidding on him).

The "problem" for Brisbane is they have Annable coming through as a top 10 prospect next year as well, and the changes to the points system will make it even harder for them to acquire enough points to match, especially without a first. They'll have to look at trading early picks another 1-2 years in advance to make all of this happen.

At the end of this they'll end up with a glut of midfielders and speculative picks everywhere else. Would be a very bold call not to match a bid on Marshall after his efforts today, but not outside the realms of possibility if they want to balance the talent across their list. Nice problem to have

I feel like once you are in the Melbourne private school system and training at the best u18 team in the country, you really shouldn't be apart of a QLD zone anymore. Those Victorian systems are just as much responsible for your development at that point.

Father son.

Curious how they'll get the points to match both Marshall and Ashcroft as they only have 15 53 and 69 at the moment (worth 1394 points - which drops even further if they win today). 2400 required to match a bid at pick 1, 730 for pick ~20. Dev Robbo might get them a late pick but then what?

Richmond seem to be obvious candidate with picks coming out their ears and an option to bid on Ashcroft at #1. I'm sure they'll be asking for the 15 + F1 as part of any deal (which includes not bidding on him).

The "problem" for Brisbane is they have Annable coming through as a top 10 prospect next year as well, and the changes to the points system will make it even harder for them to acquire enough points to match, especially without a first. They'll have to look at trading early picks another 1-2 years in advance to make all of this happen.

At the end of this they'll end up with a glut of midfielders and speculative picks everywhere else. Would be a very bold call not to match a bid on Marshall after his efforts today, but not outside the realms of possibility if they want to balance the talent across their list. Nice problem to have

They can devalue their first draft pick next year for the points.

First round bid on Marshall is the interesting question. I don’t see the Richmond demand for 15 + F1 holding water, it’s about 200 points difference between a pick 1 and pick 2 bid. Would make it tough, but very doable.

Second round bid on Marshall and any deficit comes off the f2 - so not a big concern.

What a system lol.

They'll do a Gold Coast from last year and line up a few live trades for draft night using future picks. That's where we got the Hastie pick from

Swans picks would slide back 3 (Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard bids).

But yes, I think I'd still take it in live trading (if there wasn't 2 guns when it got to our first pick).

I'm huge on Ough and Hynes. And I'd ideally like a tall with our natural pick 24.

The slide is irrelevant as we don't have access to those 3 players.

Is they are picks 18+19 or 21+22, we still get access to the exact same pool of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Silvagni takes a sliding FOS at 7 then bids in Lombard, Marshall and Kako, all of which I’d be thrilled with at 8 anyway.

He has a strong bidding history so probably will at least bid on Lombard, especially with our president’s rage against the machine.
The chances of FOS sliding to pick 7 are about the same as me playing for Brisbane on Saturday

Just going of the YouTube draft dudes list. Agree seems unlikely.
71b99a37742085b8f2aa4ea579169919.jpg

lol

Sydney
Blakey, Campbell , Mills , Heeney , Goulden (hmmmmm)

BL
- Ashcroft , Fletcher , hipwood

AFL is rorted.

And they doubled down on the academy. I hope the commission folds as does the leadership.
Gillon and Dillon can F right off.

Oh and Rampe got off.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back