2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just going of the YouTube draft dudes list. Agree seems unlikely.
71b99a37742085b8f2aa4ea579169919.jpg
It seems unlikely but at the same time it also makes sense from picks 1-7

Mainly stems from Langford pick 2 - Cal has inside knowledge from clubland and he has Langford #1 out of the open pool. Has to mean something

It seems unlikely but at the same time it also makes sense from picks 1-7

Mainly stems from Langford pick 2 - Cal has inside knowledge from clubland and he has Langford #1 out of the open pool. Has to mean something

Yeah tend to agree re Langford and Twomey having an inside lane there. Plenty of tea leaves to read as well with Langford playing for Richmond’s VFL.

Think Reid’s knee injury, depending on severity May tip FOS to Melbourne if it’s between the two.

Would leave us with Reid, Smilie, Trainor to pick from, which would make higgo’s little snap pretty darn costly..

Last edited:

lol

Sydney
Blakey, Campbell , Mills , Heeney , Goulden (hmmmmm)

BL
- Ashcroft , Fletcher , hipwood

AFL is rorted.

And they doubled down on the academy. I hope the commission folds as does the leadership.
Gillon and Dillon can F right off.

Oh and Rampe got off.

Harris Andrews Brisbane captain.
And Coleman who’s injured.
Another Ashcroft on the way.

He is a massive saints fan!

My family were early settlers down there and followed the Saints. Does anyone know why there seems to be a big fanbase down there? My grandfather played footy there, I thought for Traralgon but wore a Saints jumper. They are the Maroons these days. I thought maybe the jumper got them in. Maybe a smaller club that folded?

My family were early settlers down there and followed the Saints. Does anyone know why there seems to be a big fanbase down there? My grandfather played footy there, I thought for Traralgon but wore a Saints jumper. They are the Maroons these days. I thought maybe the jumper got them in. Maybe a smaller club that folded?
True story.

About a decade ago the AFL did this massive public survey. One of the questions was which team do you support.

It was done nationally at multiple events such as games. Corporate. Aus kicks etc.

St Kilda was the 5th best supported club - Nationally.

That survey effectively called us a sleeping giant due to our lack of success. Club hung onto that survey for a good few years. I think that’s why it did that Metro trains supporter ad around that time.

It was kind of a play off the back of those results. Hey, we are shit - but someone you know is a saints fan type of thing.

Cowwarr is a small club roughly 20 minutes from Traralgon that wears the saints colours, still going.

Can confirm there are a lot of saints supporters in Gippsland, unfortunately due to the unreliable train service that ends up a bus service due to the 10+ year rail development it's easier to stay home and watch the game instead of spending 3 and half hours on a bus (one way)

There is a huge Collingwood base down here also, the club organises a large bus purely for their supporters which has 3 stops unlike the public bus saving nearly 1 hour each way.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

that would be Cowarr saints I'd imagine. same area, only 20 or so ks from traralgon

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

True story.

About a decade ago the AFL did this massive public survey. One of the questions was which team do you support.

It was done nationally at multiple events such as games. Corporate. Aus kicks etc.

St Kilda was the 5th best supported club - Nationally.

That survey effectively called us a sleeping giant due to our lack of success. Club hung onto that survey for a good few years. I think that’s why it did that Metro trains supporter ad around that time.

It was kind of a play off the back of those results. Hey, we are shit - but someone you know is a saints fan type of thing.

With numbers like that, this club could be a juggernaut.

IYKYK.

lol

Sydney
Blakey, Campbell , Mills , Heeney , Goulden (hmmmmm)

BL
- Ashcroft , Fletcher , hipwood

AFL is rorted.

And they doubled down on the academy. I hope the commission folds as does the leadership.
Gillon and Dillon can F right off.

Oh and Rampe got off.
I think that’s pretty much over for Brissy. Couple of late options with some guys named Ashcroft and Sam Marshall.

From memory Sydney have more next year. Also had reasonably high pick Cleary.

All paid for with 52 and 87.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that’s pretty much over for Brissy. Couple of late options with some guys named Ashcroft and Sam Marshall.

From memory Sydney have more next year. Also had reasonably high pick Cleary.

All paid for with 52 and 87.

Brisbane could win the flag and then nab the #1 mid in the draft.

Suns with yet another top 10 kid that will be cashed for a bunch of 3rd rounders.

Blues will grab a couple of 2nd round mids for basically nothing.

I hope Frankie Junior wins 3 Norm Smiths and leads us to 5 flags but, realistically, the AFL is evolving into a 2 tier comp ala the EPL and NBA.

For the insiders: Did we have any genuine interest in Houston? If so, was the plan to get Sinc in the midfield full time?

Just wondering if that thinking might have us leaning towards Trainor or Travaglia with one of our picks. Looking at the list, in 2-3 years' time, we could be really needing another rebounding defender to go with Nas and Arie.

For the insiders: Did we have any genuine interest in Houston? If so, was the plan to get Sinc in the midfield full time?

Just wondering if that thinking might have us leaning towards Trainor or Travaglia with one of our picks. Looking at the list, in 2-3 years' time, we could be really needing another rebounding defender to go with Nas and Arie.

I heard we asked the question, by when port said they want first round picks we backed off.

I think Hastie is being moulded into the HB/wing role

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t get the hype for Reid.

Was at the game yesterday. Elite handball in close which is fantastic but he’s a plodder. No power, no speed, doesn’t cover the ground that well & he’d be a small mid at AFL level. I’m not sold.
haven't you heard? he LITERALLY makes time stand still, he is Neo, players can't touch him, even off the field, watch no one even slaps his ass after a goal, if we don't draft him we'll fold within 3 years mark my words

I don’t get the hype for Reid.

Was at the game yesterday. Elite handball in close which is fantastic but he’s a plodder. No power, no speed, doesn’t cover the ground that well & he’d be a small mid at AFL level. I’m not sold.
Oh mate you have no idea what you've just started...sorry in advance and good luck soldier

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back