2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
Just our luck.

We have a big raw NGA kid who gets stuff all possessions and has a ball drop like an arthritic giraffe and clubs are bidding on him at 27
I reckon big Adrian will be wearing other colours next year if a bid comes at 27.

Barrels check out Cal's latest Mock Draft. We get Smillie and Tauru!
Key And Peele Reaction GIF

so going by twomeys thing,if we hold our picks and ignore ashcroft lombard kako and tauru armstrong travaglia so as to stick with MIDS MIDS MIDS,we get 2 of osullivan langford lalor smith reid draper smilie//////////allan hotton lindsay?

no lose situation,but we get one of the first 7 with pick 7,then if any of the other top 7 slide we take him?or failing that surely we go to gws for a pick swap of pick 8 and something(32 and f1),grabbing their 15 16 21 and 37 to grab one of allan,hotton,lindsay who should be there still(at least 1),another very good player at 21 & get ahead of geelong for that sharks ruckman maybe at 37,id be wrapped to get dodson at 21 as well & a good kpp at 16

ps-turn gws 37 and our 47 into 42 and 43 from brisbane to get ahead of geelong 45 would be better,assuming 43 and 43 still there

Last edited:
My gut feel is that neither Richmond or St Kilda will trade-up with North, leaving them with a big decision to make.

Reach for a tall with pick 2, or chicken out and conservatively draft best available.

I reckon Rawlings will go the safe option. He’ll draft a mid. Atrocious list management but avoiding criticism by being risk averse.

It’s incredible, North need height but trade pick 25 to the Bulldogs for Caleb Daniel. What can you say?

If my hunch is correct, then all the mids will be drafted in the top 10. Our pick 7 will be available to draft the last of that group.

As a result, pick 8 will mean next best available is likely to be Tauru, Armstrong, Travaglia, someone of that ilk. Not the second elite mid we crave.

I’d bet my house on us splitting pick 8. It will happen on the night when the cards are played, but I reckon it will definitely happen.

I hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESPN Mock has us taking Smilie and Lindsay with Reid still on the board

Lindsay looks like a great prospect with attributes that suit our needs but I would be bitterly disappointed if we left Reid on the board for him. We are crying out for his class and footy iq. Would compliment Smillie or Langford so well. Make it so, footy gods 🙌

Todays Gettable - nothing substantial, but a few tidbits

- listed us as one of the clubs who may want to trade a F1 to get back in. But said we wouldn’t get as much value as clubs don’t value 2025s crop as highly right now

- Adelaide P4 - 3 main contenders: Fos Draper LANGFORD - said Jagga as a 4th but those 3 the front runners.

- Richmond would explore P2 trade. But cal says not to pay more than 6+18

- Says there would be mind games between Melbourne at 5+9 and us at 7+8 as we would have players we don’t want the other to select.

- Thinks Melbourne will look at a mid at 5.

- Cals early tip is FOS for P1

My gut feel is that neither Richmond or St Kilda will trade-up with North, leaving them with a big decision to make.

Reach for a tall with pick 2, or chicken out and conservatively draft best available.

I reckon Rawlings will go the safe option. He’ll draft a mid. Atrocious list management but avoiding criticism by being risk averse.

It’s incredible, North need height but trade pick 25 to the Bulldogs for Caleb Daniel. What can you say?

If my hunch is correct, then all the mids will be drafted in the top 10. Our pick 7 will be available to draft the last of that group.

As a result, pick 8 will mean next best available is likely to be Tauru, Armstrong, Travaglia, someone of that ilk. Not the second elite mid we crave.

I’d bet my house on us splitting pick 8. It will happen on the night when the cards are played, but I reckon it will definitely happen.

I hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Tauru is available at 8 North will offer us F1+F2 to get ahead of others. I’d be very tempted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="HeavenlySources" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
If Tauru is available at [emoji[emoji6]] North will offer us F+F to get ahead of others. I’d be very tempted.

On iPhone using ][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]BigFooty.com mobile app

We want the picks this year though.

We would only accept that if we knew we could trade the picks to Richmond or GWS to get back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todays Gettable - nothing substantial, but a few tidbits

- listed us as one of the clubs who may want to trade a F1 to get back in. But said we wouldn’t get as much value as clubs don’t value 2025s crop as highly right now

- Adelaide P4 - 3 main contenders: Fos Draper LANGFORD - said Jagga as a 4th but those 3 the front runners.

- Richmond would explore P2 trade. But cal says not to pay more than 6+18

- Says there would be mind games between Melbourne at 5+9 and us at 7+8 as we would have players we don’t want the other to select.

- Thinks Melbourne will look at a mid at 5.

- Cals early tip is FOS for P1
Richmond trade 6 + 18 to North for 2

Richmond 1 - Finn O'Sullivan
Brisbane 2 - Levi Ashcroft
Richmond 3 - Sam Lalor
Carlton 4 - Sid Draper
Adelaide 5 - Harvey Langford
Melbourne 6 - Murphy Reid
North 7 - Alix Tauru
St Kilda 8 - Jagga Smith
St Kilda 9 - Josh Smillie

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

I watched him (Jack Carroll) quite a bit in the VFL and rated him, he is quick, a balanced inside/outside mid and a good clearance player at VFL level. Last year I was hoping we would target him rather Paddy Dow. I doubt we will have interest this year given our lack of list positions, but would be surprised if he doesnt find another club and make a go of it.

Richmond trade 6 + 18 to North for 2

Richmond 1 - Finn O'Sullivan
Brisbane 2 - Levi Ashcroft
Richmond 3 - Sam Lalor
Carlton 4 - Sid Draper
Adelaide 5 - Harvey Langford
Melbourne 6 - Murphy Reid
North 7 - Alix Tauru
St Kilda 8 - Jagga Smith
St Kilda 9 - Josh Smillie

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office
Inject it straight into my ****in veins, lord have mercy

I think North may hold pick 2 if the Tigers take FOS at 1 meaning Lalor is available. Lalor is a POD from what they already have in their midfield. If the Tigers take Lalor then it’s more likely NM trade pick 2 IMO.

Going off Twomey’s views I’d say NM holding is the most likely outcome. But then what do the Tigers do at 6 given they are taking a pure mid in FOS rather than a hybrid in Lalor at 1? Maybe this means they lean towards a tall at 6 such as Tauru or Armstrong? Or do they load up on mids for their first 4 picks then go tall at their later firsts/seconds?

I think North may hold pick 2 if the Tigers take FOS at 1 meaning Lalor is available. Lalor is a POD from what they already have in their midfield. If the Tigers take Lalor then it’s more likely NM trade pick 2 IMO.

Going off Twomey’s views I’d say NM holding is the most likely outcome. But then what do the Tigers do at 6 given they are taking a pure mid in FOS rather than a hybrid in Lalor at 1? Maybe this means they lean towards a tall at 6 such as Tauru or Armstrong? Or do they load up on mids for their first 4 picks then go tall at their later firsts/seconds?
AFL needs to step in here, North can't have LDU AND Lalor.

Biggy has been let go ,

Good , it means we made the right call.

Interesting though, at the time of his draft he was sort of a 195cm ruckman. He's now listed at 205.
We got Leo with the pick we would have needed to use, so it made no difference anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back