2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:

Man other club supporters are just so ****ing weird.

Looks at Richmond and North fans.

Richmond fans arrogantly believe it’s pick 2 in an even draft and they shouldn’t trade p6 for it. Should be p10 and 18 because 6 is too valuable.

North fans in an even draft think pick 2 and even their future first are each worth p10+11 and that this years p2 should get them 6+10.

I seriously hope a deal goes down for 6+18

I say old bean, come down to Lord Smyth's Yacht Club and repeat such vulgarities!!!

But yes, it's actually ridiculous lol.
I actually just left a meeting in Adelaide where one of the dozen or so in the room was a high-ranking Brit who is "Sir Stephen" (who actually requests that people please don't use "Sir").... :roflv1: :roflv1:

@DylanAlexanderFollowsDraft‬

1. Sam Lalor (Rich)
2. Jagga Smith (Rich)
3. Finn O'Sullivan (Carl)
4. Sid Draper (Adel)
5. Josh Smillie (Melb)
6. Alix Tauru (Nth)
7. Harvey Langford (Stk)
8. Murphy Reid (Stk)
9. Luke Trainor (Melb)
10. Harvey Armstrong (Rich)
It will be out of Smillie & Langford for Melb's first pick, you would think.
Don't think they take Armstrong coz they already have Van Rooyen & Jefferson. Trainor makes more sense for them.

@DylanAlexanderFollowsDraft‬

1. Sam Lalor (Rich)
2. Jagga Smith (Rich)
3. Finn O'Sullivan (Carl)
4. Sid Draper (Adel)
5. Josh Smillie (Melb)
6. Alix Tauru (Nth)
7. Harvey Langford (Stk)
8. Murphy Reid (Stk)
9. Luke Trainor (Melb)
10. Harvey Armstrong (Rich)
This feels right.
We'd be happy with that.

It will be out of Smillie & Langford for Melb's first pick, you would think.
Don't think they take Armstrong coz they already have Van Rooyen & Jefferson. Trainor makes more sense for them.
Possibly. However Smillie said three coaches interviewed him at the combine - Goodwin, Yze and Lyon. Goodwin would have to know Smillie won’t make it to pick 9 so I’d say he’s well in the frame at pick 5.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. However Smillie said three coaches interviewed him at the combine - Goodwin, Yze and Lyon. Yze would have to know Smillie won’t make it to pick 9 so I’d say he’s well in the frame at pick 5.
Langford & Reid then, two slowish mids? Both classy though.
Take one of them with a quicker mid. like Lindsay.
This is why I'm open to give up pick 8 & then get two of Dettoli, Hotton or Lindsay.

After watching clips of Tauru. I can see why folks are throwing his name up. Why North will reach for him.
I've been very adamant about drafting mids but he's got something.
There will be some very good options at our picks. We're very lucky. I can't wait for the draft.

Seems to be a hard on for big bodied mids ala Cripps and Bont. We have Pou who will fill that role, but there are plenty of gun mids who are 180-185cm.
Caleb Serong, Daicos, Neale, Rowell, Butters, JHF, Warner, Sheezel & Merrett are all absolute jets who we’d love to have but don’t measure up to be the big bodied beasts.
Smith/Reid would be an amazing get but no need to discount a player in todays due to size.

Last edited:
Alright, dream scenario. Norf trade pick 2 and a F2 to Tiges for 6 and 11. Tiges get the first 2 picks of the bunch and 2nd rounder for next years draft. Sets them up very nicely. We trade our F1 and F2 to GWS for pick 16 and their F2. They get a (most likely) favourable 2nd round swap and a late first rounder this year out for likely a middle of the pack 1st rounder next year. Still have 15 and 21 in this draft as well.

1. Richmond: Lalor
2. Brisbane: Ashcroft (bid)
3. Richmond: FOS
4. Carlton: Smith
5. Adelaide: Draper
6. Gold Coast: Lombard (bid)
7. Melbourne: Langford
8. North: Tauru
9. St Kilda: Smillie
10. Essendon: Kako (bid)
11. St Kilda: Reid
12. Melbourne: Armstrong
13: Richmond: Hotton
14: North: Travaglia
15: West Coast: Allan
16: Port Adelaide: Lindsay
17: Fremantle: Trainor
18: GWS: Shanahan
19: St Kilda: (Cooper) Hynes

We'd make out of the draft first round with Smillie, Reid and Hynes. Smillie a huge upside player already a dominant stoppage player and with great kicking for a bigger contested body, Reid one of the more clean and classy players on ball despite being one of the more undersized U18 players and Cooper Hynes who adds to our stock of "Cooper"s while also being a handy mid/fwd type, which is also important I guess. Now we just need every single domino in this scenario to fall into place and I'm happy. Doubt Trainor or Hotton would be around for that later 1st round pick but if they were, would also be stoked with either of them.

Alright, dream scenario. Norf trade pick 2 and a F2 to Tiges for 6 and 11. Tiges get the first 2 picks of the bunch and 2nd rounder for next years draft. Sets them up very nicely. We trade our F1 and F2 to GWS for pick 16 and their F2. They get a (most likely) favourable 2nd round swap and a late first rounder this year out for likely a middle of the pack 1st rounder next year. Still have 15 and 21 in this draft as well.

1. Richmond: Lalor
2. Brisbane: Ashcroft (bid)
3. Richmond: FOS
4. Carlton: Smith
5. Adelaide: Draper
6. Gold Coast: Lombard (bid)
7. Melbourne: Langford
8. North: Tauru
9. St Kilda: Smillie
10. Essendon: Kako (bid)
11. St Kilda: Reid
12. Melbourne: Armstrong
13: Richmond: Hotton
14: North: Travaglia
15: West Coast: Allan
16: Port Adelaide: Lindsay
17: Fremantle: Trainor
18: GWS: Shanahan
19: St Kilda: (Cooper) Hynes

We'd make out of the draft first round with Smillie, Reid and Hynes. Smillie a huge upside player already a dominant stoppage player and with great kicking for a bigger contested body, Reid one of the more clean and classy players on ball despite being one of the more undersized U18 players and Cooper Hynes who adds to our stock of "Cooper"s while also being a handy mid/fwd type, which is also important I guess. Now we just need every single domino in this scenario to fall into place and I'm happy. Doubt Trainor or Hotton would be around for that later 1st round pick but if they were, would also be stoked with either of them.
Gee, if you have Hotton at 13, might as well take him at 11. Classy goalkicker like Reid & much quicker. And if Shanahan got to 19, would take him.
Langford or Smillie, Hotton or Lindsay & Shanahan would be a nice haul. And just don't play Shanahan on a kid called Jarman, if he should appear?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back