2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
I think he will nail the first 7 picks.

Then it’s anyone’s guess with trading etc
Not even sure about that. I doubt that clubs will be passing on info about live trading plans to Twomey and that could change things substantially.

From what I can see, the needs v best player argument could start really early for some clubs and that would have a big impact.

As I said - might even be watchable.

Unless injury hits, we’d be pretty confident heading into 2025 with King back and another pre-season with Ross. Phillipou and Macrae bring a new look to our side through the mids. Sharman also turned a corner mid-2024. Only area that has regressed is Battle’s spot but hopefully we can find someone who can stick to that role - maybe McLennan albeit undersized

Next year’s top end is all academy; Uwland (GC), Addinsall (GC), Annable (BRIS)

So if our natural pick is around 6-8, it’ll get pushed out beyond 10 anyway

It’s also a kpp-heavy draft - particularly forwards - so not sure if that’s really a pressing need
I fully agree, there's reason to to look forward to 2025 and it's all pending on injuries. Improving our midfield reduces the impact from losing Battle so we should be able to plug that hole with a lesser unit and break even defensively.
Getting Henry 🤞 and King back alongside Cooper mk2 should be massive. I'm bummed we couldn't get a Ruckman, that's the piece that releases Marshall and Hammer.
The win against Carlton showed the boys are hungry, I'm sure the house will be getting trained down very soon.

Not even sure about that. I doubt that clubs will be passing on info about live trading plans to Twomey and that could change things substantially.

From what I can see, the needs v best player argument could start really early for some clubs and that would have a big impact.

It may not be watchable, but you know we'll all be watching cause we're all ****ing dorks.

He will nail the first 7 “live” picks because as it stands there is only Richmond with a double up and no clubs with significant currency to move outside of the top 7 - into it.

Once he gets to us at 8 and Melbourne at 9 - he is at the mercy of live trading. Thats when I think it will start to alter.

Remember, at worst he will need to consider Richmond going from 6 to 2. Everyone one is pretty confident Tauru is the North pick.

Imagine having a middle combo of these thunderous alpha dogs…

IMG_1749.jpeg IMG_1750.jpeg IMG_1751.jpeg IMG_1752.jpeg

Dard Ball Get has a semi just thinking about it…

Draft Rankings 46 -60.

Interesting Lennox Hoffman at 48, Adrian Cole 56

It’s because Cole has a real question mark over his kicking action; it’s awfully awkward and stiff, a bit like Chito’s.

You’d want Sincs, Nas or Wilkie to be riding shotgun if he gets the ball in his hand.

It’s because Cole has a real question mark over his kicking action; it’s awfully awkward and stiff, a bit like Chito’s.

You’d want Sincs, Nas or Wilkie to be riding shotgun if he gets the ball in his hand.

From what I can see he looks just as good on his left than his right, unfortunately that doesn't mean either aren't dog ugly.

His kicking action has got some real Israel Folou's about it 🤮

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t wait for the kids to have some emergency driven basketball game, over enthusiastic cricket coach that holds the kids back for an extra hour in the nets or my TV breaks down.

Imagine having a middle combo of these thunderous alpha dogs…

View attachment 2151096View attachment 2151097View attachment 2151098View attachment 2151099

Dard Ball Get has a semi just thinking about it…
leonardo dicaprio reaction s GIF

I reckon it would be reckless overlooking Tauru if he is available at 8. It would mean the top rated mids are gone and a tall defender is a huge need. A Smillie/Langford and Tauru combo would be perfect.
If we do that the odds of a net loss from losing Battle are much higher. How long have we bemoaned a weak midfield, and we've now been blessed with a chance to change that narrative.

If we do that the odds of a net loss from losing Battle are much higher. How long have we bemoaned a weak midfield, and we've now been blessed with a chance to change that narrative.
But losing Battle means we are now weaker in our key backs/interceptors.

A Smillie and Tauru combo would address both needs.

7 & 8 have to be mids. Forget trading down for a tall. The only way you’d go for a tall is if we gain an extra pick before 20.
If the team rate someone like Trainer then just do it. Lose F1 & F2.

The caveat was all the top rated mids are gone. Plus we’ve targeted mids heavily the past few drafts. It’s not like we don’t have any. We just need quality not quantity. The argument is we double the chances of get quality with two hits but at the expense of getting a highly rated defender? Mate I’m scared shit less of Howard and Cordy in the backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back