2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
This looks like the most likely draft board before any pick trades.

Richmond - 1Finn O’Sullivan
Brisbane - 2Levi Ashcroft
North Melbourne - 3Harvey Langford
Carlton - 4 Sam Lalor
Adelaide - 5 Sid Draper
Melbourne - 6Jagga Smith
Richmond - 7Murphy Reid
St Kilda - 8Josh Smillie
St Kilda - 9Alix Tauru
Melbourne - 10 Harry Armstrong

Trading 8 + F1 to North for 2 + F2 would net us a second midfield selection of Langford, Lalor, Draper, Jagga, Reid. If we don't it's more than likely we get only 1 mid probably Josh Smillie or Murphy Reid and our selection of the best KPP in the draft.

The argument of we looked better when mids returned from injury is obviously correct, but Steele and Jones...both of whom were our better mids in our run at the end of the season aren't getting any younger, the same goes for Brad Hill & Mason Wood, both of which are our wings. We have Windhager, Pou, and Dow as the next links in the chain, with Wilson and Byrnes following. Pou and Wilson are the likeliest to become A graders or genuine stars. Also more likely to be rotated elsewhere around the ground. That leaves Windy...potentially a very good player, but more of a role type, and Byrnes and Dow...probably more solid without being outstanding types.
Clark played well towards the end there, and brings something different to the table, but he's probably trade bait at some stage, and is injury prone. If we could get an upgrade on his output through youth I'd be happy.
Garcia, too early to tell...but promising.
We need more mids, to both rotate through, but also to give us better punch, once the older crew are gone (2-4 years time)
I think a lot of people are being very generous to Dow.

He's the definition of a list clogger in my eyes.

I think a lot of people are being very generous to Dow.

He's the definition of a list clogger in my eyes.
I was trying to be as generous and optimistic as possible.
Dow was injured a bit, and had no proper preseason...but yeah, he was definitely underwhelming when he came in.

This looks like the most likely draft board before any pick trades.

Richmond - 1Finn O’Sullivan
Brisbane - 2Levi Ashcroft
North Melbourne - 3Harvey Langford
Carlton - 4Sam Lalor
Adelaide - 5Sid Draper
Melbourne - 6Jagga Smith
Richmond - 7Murphy Reid
St Kilda - 8Josh Smillie
St Kilda - 9Alix Tauru
Melbourne - 10Harry Armstrong

Trading 8 + F1 to North for 2 + F2 would net us a second midfield selection of Langford, Lalor, Draper, Jagga, Reid. If we don't it's more than likely we get only 1 mid probably Josh Smillie or Murphy Reid and our selection of the best KPP in the draft.
Why is it the most likely?

Freo delisted Max Knobel (have said they'll Rookie IF another club doesn't poach him).

I would definitely pick him up as a DFA. Wasn't he doing quite well in the WAFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back