2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
All the talk is that Carlton want Draper. They think he injects some pace on ball.
I was thinking this earlier, both Carlton and Melbourne (to a lesser extent) will likely go after types that can move the needle now given their list demographic and the mindset they can still contend. That itself could lead to jagger or Langford sliding

My Tigers mate was suggesting that Jagga was a bit low hurt and a bit self first when he played for their VFL side. I'm getting that that might be a bit of a common theme as others have pushed up around him and possibly ahead of him. I hope he slides. I think he'd be a good get for us.
I’d love him. He is my favourite because I think he fits a direct need.

But as I posted prior.

FOS was able to significantly hurt more per disposal.

The Sandy VFL game was great to compare.

I’d love him. He is my favourite because I think he fits a direct need.

But as I posted prior.

FOS was able to significantly hurt more per disposal.

The Sandy VFL game was great to compare.
C: Henry - Windhager - Wilson
Foll: xxxxx - Smilie* - Phillipou
Int: Smith* Garcia

🤤

Except that Tauru is 193cm, not sml. to med.
And means we should be taking T.Hotton with pick 8 after Lombard bid.
Imagine that, take Hotton before Langford, Reid & Smillie
Lots of nervous breakdowns in here.
Trade p8 for 15+16 and take Hotton and Trainor 😜

Why do we need Shanahan when we have King Caminiti Sharman Keeler?

We’d have to have extreme confidence in moving Caminiti to defence if we were to spend a first rounder on a key forward instead of a replacement for Battle
Has been mentioned that Shanahan could be an Afl defender, I know seems strange when he's been a good forward as a junior & in the Vfl. He's also a Saints fan, so brownie points for that. All of Barrat, Shanahan & Trainor have been swingmen with good effect. And remember we did recruit Battle as a forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been back and watched Bo Allan's finals games for Peel seniors, his closing speed is insane (RTB would love him) I do. He was played as a defensive mid and didnt get huge numbers but his pressure was exceptional. I know its a huge call but this kid moves like Chris Judd, is it any wonder the WA clubs are keen to grab him. His speed and midfield games against quality WAFL finalists has elevated him to a top 5 option in my view. I wouldnt be surprised if our club has him rated very highly and will be wrapt to take him at pick #7.

Below are the highlight Noobers done up for the games -

Ive been back and watched Bo Allan's finals games for Peel seniors, his closing speed is insane (RTB would love him) I do. He was played as a defensive mid and didnt get huge numbers but his pressure was exceptional. I know its a huge call but this kid moves like Chris Judd, is it any wonder the WA clubs are keen to grab him. His speed and midfield games against quality WAFL finalists has elevated him to a top 5 option in my view. I wouldnt be surprised if our club has him rated very highly and will be wrapt to take him at pick #7.

Can you find? a Boxshall vid

Why do we need Shanahan when we have King Caminiti Sharman Keeler?

We’d have to have extreme confidence in moving Caminiti to defence if we were to spend a first rounder on a key forward instead of a replacement for Battle
exactly,chips are all in on king now,his contract means key back,small forward and ruck are far greater needs after mids,maybe when he hits 28 we will consider using an early pick on his replacement,getting a good 4 years into them,but no way in hell we should be using an early pick to offset king maybe not living up to his end of the deal

Attachments

• all-in-manjit-minhas.gif
    all-in-manjit-minhas.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

Think he might be colour-blind haha

For Jagga to slide we need A number of things to occur.

Richmond and North swapping 6 & 2

Carlton Adelaide Melbourne to rate Draper Langford AND Murphy Reid higher than Jagga (and Smillie)

Is it impossible? No

But it is asking a hell of a lot
But as a former coach of ours would say, “Why not us?”

Hope so. I’ve been keen for a long time. Power out of the midfield and a real beast.

He’s like a tall Garcia 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back