2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

🎯 Draft Period, November 20–21
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Wednesday, November 20
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Thursday, November 21
  • Rookie Promotions: Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Thursday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Friday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Friday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Friday, November 22, 3.20pm

Last edited:
Can the kicking be improved once drafted in a professional environment?
It can but not as much as other attributes from what I’ve seen

Very rare to see a poor kick be trained into a noticeably above average kick - normally they just become ‘competent’ ball users because the focus is on improving their strengths

Clayton Oliver was a horrible kick early in his career but he went to work and has become serviceable

Same for Lachie Neale I think

Allan will be drafted for his elite burst from stoppage, and clubs will back their program to tidy up his kicking. I just don’t think we have that need considering we have Pou already - who isn’t fast but they play similar roles as the burst attacking mid. I’d prefer Reid over him

Problem with Allan has always been his kicking. Everyone has known all year that he’s extremely athletic (just maybe not to the extent of his elite combine testing)

Plays like Jack Crisp imo
Is Elliot Yeo a decent comparison to Allan? Allan seems to have the agility and leap of Yeo.. who is also not the best kick although not bad.. Yeo is a gun who unfortunately had a lot of injuries

Last edited:
Ive been back and watched Bo Allan's finals games for Peel seniors, his closing speed is insane (RTB would love him) I do. He was played as a defensive mid and didnt get huge numbers but his pressure was exceptional. I know its a huge call but this kid moves like Chris Judd, is it any wonder the WA clubs are keen to grab him. His speed and midfield games against quality WAFL finalists has elevated him to a top 5 option in my view. I wouldnt be surprised if our club has him rated very highly and will be wrapt to take him at pick #7.

Below are the highlight Noobers done up for the games -

injuries withstanding, this fella is going to make it as an afl footballer, he'll probably frustrate his supporters at times but he'd be a worthy addition to any club with the way he attacks the ball and man. Would be stoked to get him cheap but not likely. Has elite athleticism and attack on the ball

Is Elliot Yeo a decent comparison to Allan? Allan seems to have the agility and leap of Yeo.. who is also not the best kick although not bad.. Yeo is a gun who unfortunately had a lot of injuries
Yeah. I think Allan has a better 20m but both are powerful and agile. Yeo’s attack on the ball is in a league of its own but Allan isn’t far behind. they’re fairly similar

Can the kicking be improved once drafted in a professional environment?
For example, Stewie Loewe & Rooey improved their goalkicking as time wore on. Banger Harvey couldn't kick over 35m for most of his career, but late, I'm certain he was kicking longer. Caydn Beetham, Clint Jones & Jason Daniels were so bad, no teaching could help them haha.
Actually it was revealed later that Beetham had a disease that caused a curve in his upper back, which caused him chronic pain & which likely affected his kicking. He retired because of it.

Last edited:
I wanna see a vid on Boxshall, he's coming late on draft boards. A burst mid.
Claremont WA, teammate of Hamish Davis, another one who is gaining Interest.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back