• KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We did delist one.
And we still have too many.

Warner Jr. & Mitchell are surplus to requirements, extra numbers in a mould and role we already have one too many of in the best 22.

I am still surprised Mitchell won the VFL Player of the Year award when I would've considered delisted him, though we have become the Sydney Flankers, so I shouldn't be surprised.

And we still have too many.

Warner Jr. & Mitchell are surplus to requirements, extra numbers in a mould and role we already have one too many of in the best 22.

I am still surprised Mitchell won the VFL Player of the Year award when I would've considered delisted him, though we have become the Sydney Flankers, so I shouldn't be surprised.
Corey is contracted and a mid/wing. Similar for Mitchell (who may still go, but unlikely). We probably still want to have some slightly mature players to run through the mids in the VFL.

If you only position young players by their initial senior role, then Cleary IS a small forward after all.

Admittedly I haven’t seen any reserves but why would we give up on Konstanty so quickly? Unless there’s ongoing issues after the Mills injury (or he’s just terrible, which seems a little hard to believe, given how high we drafted him)

I don’t agree with it either but it would allow an extra list spot

Corey Warner had such a good game agaisnt the Lions and then the next week got hauled off at half time against Port and I just hope for his sake that that doesn't spell the downfall of him. He looked really good in a high-pressure game across HF against Brisbane and that's what we need more of - hard-running, ground ball winning, and some nous around goal. Not saying he's gonna be a star but I just hope we haven't sapped him of his confidence completely by pulling him from the ground when every senior player ahead of him shat the bed too.

Corey Warner had such a good game agaisnt the Lions and then the next week got hauled off at half time against Port and I just hope for his sake that that doesn't spell the downfall of him. He looked really good in a high-pressure game across HF against Brisbane and that's what we need more of - hard-running, ground ball winning, and some nous around goal. Not saying he's gonna be a star but I just hope we haven't sapped him of his confidence completely by pulling him from the ground when every senior player ahead of him shat the bed too.
Yeah, we have at least 3 or 4 who at times have looked like they could do decently as small forwards (only 1 played in the GF as sub), at least for a few years, but apparently it's our greatest need (for additional players).

Someone on Korne's show (David King?) reckons we should have rollled the dice on Lynch from Richmond.
Figures we are in the window, but won't get it done with the key forwards we have.
If he had two good legs I'd totally agree.

Corey is contracted and a mid/wing. Similar for Mitchell (who may still go, but unlikely). We probably still want to have some slightly mature players to run through the mids in the VFL.

If you only position young players by their initial senior role, then Cleary IS a small forward after all.
Cleary IS NOT just a small forward , he was a mid coming through

Cleary IS NOT just a small forward , he was a mid coming through
I KNOW. I was making a point to someone who labelled players as purely flankers because they played there in a few senior games.

To add to that, maybe Corey and Mitchell are not rated as inside mids at all, but we might struggle big time in the VFL if we rely on whoever out of Adams, Sheldrick and Cleary aren't in the senior team / emergencies / injured and nobody else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think Warner Jr. and Mitchell are going to be flankers?

If they aren't then I have no idea what else they're going to be.
I think Corey is a mid/wing, possibly not good enough at that to warrant a spot beyond 2025, but was contracted before Jordon was brought in and can't just be shipped off.

Mitchell similar role, one year younger, but again may not be good enough.

If we could take Magor back, give him 1 year, play him as a medium forward, and delist Mitchell, I wouldn't cry. We might just be fairly light on in the middle in the VFL next year.

Also an advocate of picking up a mature aged inside mid, so that would also mean less of a need for Mitchell.

I think Corey is a mid/wing, possibly not good enough at that to warrant a spot beyond 2025, but was contracted before Jordon was brought in and can't just be shipped off.

Mitchell similar role, one year younger, but again may not be good enough.

If we could take Magor back, give him 1 year, play him as a medium forward, and delist Mitchell, I wouldn't cry. We might just be fairly light on in the middle in the VFL next year.
Well maybe if we want to avoid being light on in the middle in the VFL, we should draft or recruit some players actually suited to being in there. Not just flankers who are surplus to requirements so they have to run through there every week.

I won't bang on about it anymore but I have had it with this club's influx of light, outside types. NO MORE OF THEM

enough patrick stewart GIF

Well maybe if we want to avoid being light on in the middle in the VFL, we should draft or recruit some players actually suited to being in there. Not just flankers who are surplus to requirements so they have to run through there every week.

I won't bang on about it anymore but I have had it with this club's influx of light, outside types. NO MORE OF THEM

I didn't know you were bald.

I agree though. I cannot see Mitchell or Corey getting a run of games ever. They are surplus to requirements. With McInerney, Campbell, Lloyd, Gulden, JJ all relatively young there is no hope for Mitchell or Corey in that position. Also I think we need more inside grunt so even one of the established flankers could go.

Adams, Sheldrick and Cleary will all get games before these. If we bring in another mid(Iexpect it will be an inside mid) then the above mentioned will fall further down the pecking order. Cleary can play inside/outside too.

The "flanker" brigade we had at our club during 2024:
Florent
Campbell
Gulden
McInerney
Kirk
Roberts
Mitchell
Co Warner
Lloyd
Vickery
Magor

Thats 11 names and we have moved on 2 guys

As well as Jordon, we also turned Roberts into a half back / back pocket, thus pushing others further up the ground.

But yes, we agree, I want us to bring in a mature ager inside mid (have posted several names before). With or without Mitchell.

My point is that I think we thought we could, and have used, Corey and Mitchell as mids at least part time, but they just aren't good enough. We should have gone talls at both their respective picks (or earlier) in those drafts anyway, so not sure why I'm even defending Beatson's honour here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back