• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we could see some movement on Warner now over the next month now Parker’s salary is confirmed to be off our cap.

We could potentially upgrade his 2025 salary in return for a 1 or 2 year extension.

If that’s not in the works, or even agreed to in principle right now, then I reckon he will go after 2025.

Agreed that would make sense.

Curtis Taylor from North Melbourne. We could have sounded him out before he was delisted like North Melbourne did with Luke Parker

Take him as a DFA why give currency

This board is nuts. I know the responses I will get to this already but I just want to remind people that you don't get to two GFs in three years by being a shite club with shite coaches, shite list managers, shite players.
I don't know what responses you're expecting, but this is a perfectly reasonable comment.

I just don't think anyone is saying we are a shite club with shite coaches, shite list managers or shite players.

I think we are a very good club in many aspects but maybe not good enough for what is needed to win a flag. Specifically a grand final.

There needs to be because the club are now well and truly committed all in with this current crop of players.

Yep and I get that logic and hope it's right.

Get I sound like a bad fan but I have some worries right now rightly or wrongly with that

- Concerned the tall forwards are as good as they good

- worried Mccartin might struggle now and Rampe older

- Lack a contested mid and don't think we will use Adams there/he won't fix it and not sure we can presume Sheldrick is the answer

- Warner has one foot out there door

- Grundy is past his peak

maybe all unfounded

We won’t be, apart from last year, we do ****ing nothing in the trading period

Last year was our trading year I don’t know how much more transparent the club could be

Last year was our trade period Grundy, Adams and Jordan all have been degrees of very good.

This year was all about taking the two early picks to the draft maybe trading up (that will be in the pick swap time), and preparing for next years draft with 3 academy kids.

People are still emotional about a yes horrible GF, forget it, it’s in the past. We were 13-3 in that season were you splitting chips at that point? Horse made some very poor decisions notably bringing injured blokes back.

Last year was our trading year I don’t know how much more transparent the club could be

Last year was our trade period Grundy, Adams and Jordan all have been degrees of very good.

This year was all about taking the two early picks to the draft maybe trading up (that will be in the pick swap time), and preparing for next years draft with 3 academy kids.

People are still emotional about a yes horrible GF, forget it, it’s in the past. We were 13-3 in that season were you splitting chips at that point? Horse made some very poor decisions notably bringing injured blokes back

Why can’t every year be our trading year? I mean, Geelong is active every year? 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Traded a near 32 year old for pick 44 and included a player who would most likely have been delisted in 2 weeks time. A good result.

More likely to use pick 44 than 62.

Club said they focussed on re-signing players and they did just that.

We didn’t win the trade period but didn’t lose it.

At least we didn’t trade out a 2 time AA player and add in Rory Atkins to somehow sweeten the deal

People are still emotional about a yes horrible GF, forget it, it’s in the past. We were 13-3 in that season were you splitting chips at that point? Horse made some very poor decisions notably bringing injured blokes back.

it's not emotional , we ended up the second best team again and a fair way off winning, and we will improve by adding a few kids. There's a reason to be skeptical

it's not emotional , we ended up the second best team again and a fair way off winning, and we will improve by adding a few kids. There's a reason to be skeptical

I get that but I put half that performance to flat out poor team selection and poor structure. We still were 13-3 playing outstanding football yes there were lapses but that’s where we were. Then we brought Mills, etc back and changed half the structure made it turtle slow. Adams a perfect example he was making the job so much easier for everyone but no let’s bring Mills back. Poor coaching. We don’t need 3 talls either another small please

I get that but I put half that performance to flat out poor team selection and poor structure. We still were 13-3 playing outstanding football yes there were lapses but that’s where we were. Then we brought Mills, etc back and changed half the structure made it turtle slow. Adams a perfect example he was making the job so much easier for everyone but no let’s bring Mills back. Poor coaching. We don’t need 3 talls either another small please

Yeah probably right, I just like to see what a first round pick can do as a rule and felt we needed experience.

But whatever, don't know cap situation or who we tried for.

See how we go

The other issue is that if we have academy players next year. We can’t collect a bunch of useless draft picks to get points like in the past.

Yeah probably right, I just like to see what a first round pick can do as a rule and felt we needed experience.

But whatever, don't know cap situation or who we tried for.

See how we go

100% be very interesting what we do with those two early picks

Why we didn’t go for someone like DGB or Taylor in the trading period, I’ll never know. Watch us pick nobody up as a delisted free agent 🙄

I wouldn't say it's likely but it's still possible that we'll pick up one of those players after they are delisted. DGB has been a bigger bust than Dyl Stephens was for us so not sure we would want him, although I was interested 18 months ago.

If anyone thinks 44 is way unders:
Bri’s x 2, GC and dons all have academy players and points in 30s that will be eaten up. I also think GC will need to trade in a couple of points from somewhere.

Pick 44 could be pick 39ish or higher. Not a bad pick in a deep draft. Especially if we trade up to pick 13 which is what I expect.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back