Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back the shot gun.

Would fit right in with our current group.

View attachment 2114787

If his son is like the old man, we'd take him in a heartbeat.

His 2008 finals series was next level.

Williams was cracking in for contested ball like a guy twice his size. I remember him going in lower and harder than Geelong, and putting his head over the ball.

I won't ever forget he and Stevie Dew outnumbered deep forward and chasing a ground ball in tight. They beat the best Geelong defenders in a junkyard dog level, contested scrap, and won through sheer force of will.

Williams just wanted it more than they did, and it broke them.

The guy was a massively underrated talent.

Williams was cracking in for contested ball like a guy twice his size. I remember him going in lower and harder than Geelong, and putting his head over the ball.

I won't ever forget he and Stevie Dew outnumbered deep forward and chasing a ground ball in tight. They beat the best Geelong defenders in a junkyard dog level, contested scrap, and won through sheer force of will.

One of my favourite Hawthorn goals of all time.
And I don't say that lightly.

One of my favourite Hawthorn goals of all time.
And I don't say that lightly.

Mark was a dead eye in front of goal he was a beautiful kick for goal so accurate, Won our goal kicking one year with 63 and 60 in 2005,2006 I went close to winning the Coleman in 2005 also.

I hope young Cooper has seen enough to come and play "HoK Ball"

I'm so hoping that he picks us and the Hodge family is our version of the Ashcroft family.

With all Luke's boys going top 5 in the draft, imagine dropping a Will Ashcroft level of talent into our midfield, with Newcombe, Nash,Day and Worpel.

AFL will probably try and screw us with some new rules or bs thing
The AFL has decide whether you can be an NGA and a F-S. Seriously the NGA is meant to attract folks from a non traditional Aussie Rules background. I don't think that's applicable for a potential F-S. Seriously they should say that F-S > NGA - you can't be both.

Having said that I agree with you. The AFL will screw us over with logic not being relevant for their decision.

My favourite ever goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE RESISTANCE MAY BE BROKEN

I was at the ground when it happened so I didn't hear that live.

But each time I go back and watch that game it's the one piece of commentary that is genuinely spine tingling.

Live everyone was going nuts, and I never did see the ball go through.

It was just a sea of people all around me losing their minds with their arms in the air.

That quarter of football is the most enjoyable I've ever seen live. I loved the whole game, but I was just to the left of the goals, right by the cheer squad. Never going to forget it.

I hope Williams' son is like his old man. I really loved him Mark as a player and believe that his athleticism and skills would have translated even better in this current era. For a while at least, nobody could handle him on the lead.

Certainly St. Kilda couldn't in the prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back