Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans v Giants the most interesting of the other games.

Lions will thrash Blues.

Port I expect will do the job against Cats at home. If it weren’t for their recent finals record I’d about have them flag favourites. Won their last 6. Don’t think they’ll slip at home.

Swans v Giants I can’t call. On form I’d have Giants but have a feeling the Swans have been taking the foot off for the second half of the year and are slowly ramping back up. I think they might explode come finals and get the win.

Lions will thrash Blues.

Port I expect will do the job against Cats at home. If it weren’t for their recent finals record I’d about have them flag favourites. Won their last 6. Don’t think they’ll slip at home.

Swans v Giants I can’t call. On form I’d have Giants but have a feeling the Swans have been taking the foot off for the second half of the year and are slowly ramping back up. I think they might explode come finals and get the win.
I reckon Giants roll the Swans.

Lions will thrash Blues.

My thoughts too.

Leaning towards GWS but with no confidence.

I generally don't watch Geelong games as a rule, so it's going to be tough knowing they're 2 wins from a Grand Final next Thursday.

For what it's worth, I'm quite confident GWS and Brisbane will win through.

We play the winner of the GWS v Sydney game in the Prem final, whose ground would suit us better?

Not to get too far ahead, but if Port and Hawks can both win next week we would then play Geelong (at the MCG) in an elimination final. That would be juicy.
That could be ‘13 prelim all over again.
Would hate it because they touched us up but no win would be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port and Cats are interesting, Cats lose, we win, guaranteed sell out, reignite another chapter of Hawks Geelong rivalry.
Port lose, I believe that we will beat them rather convincingly. No Scrim or Sicily last time, and it was only through luck and a time keeping error that got them home.

Think GWS will account for the swans, and the Swans are a good chance for a straight sets exit, when they next take on a bruise free Brisbane.

Port and Cats are interesting, Cats lose, we win, guaranteed sell out, reignite another chapter of Hawks Geelong rivalry.
Port lose, I believe that we will beat them rather convincingly. No Scrim or Sicily last time, and it was only through luck and a time keeping error that got them home.

Think GWS will account for the swans, and the Swans are a good chance for a straight sets exit, when they next take on a bruise free Brisbane.

I’m not certain about the Giants beating the Swans. I’m leaning Swans despite their last third of the season being awful. The Giants aren’t killers, I don’t think, and the Swans nearly always come through under pressure at the SCG (although I remember a couple times where they failed against us :D ). I’m leaning toward a narrow Swans victory and a potential date for us at the SCG two weeks later.

3 very interesting games that could go either way and not be a surprise result.
In the 4th game Bribane should account for the injury riddled Blues.

Other than an A+grade midfield I don't rate the rest of Ports list. Geelong are almost the exact opposite. Danger having an impact around the clearences is crucial for the cats. I don't expect either of these teams to be in the grand final.

I'm leaning towards Sydney at home (just) but GWS I rate and even if they lose it wouldn't surprise to see them go the long way home.

Finals usually throw up surprises. It promises to be a great finals series. As even as its ever been.

I fear Geelong will try and turn the game into a grind, and the skills of Houston and Farrell would be sorely missed.

So I hope Port's midfield really get on top of Geelong. Surely Drew goes to Holmes at stoppages, Wines battles with Danger and the holy trinity of Rozee, Butters and JHF put on a master-class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp 2024 Finals Discussion (other games)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back