Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 17: St Kilda saints v Sydney Swans, Sunday 7th of July 3:20pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

King out now with a knee injury, and not just this week by the sounds of things.

Caminiti also already out.

I hope that we do not just revert to Cordy, Campbell or even Membery, but instead use it to focus on the future.

Sharman plus hopefully either Keeler or Heath in.

Season is shot now, so let us focus on our future.

King out now with a knee injury, and not just this week by the sounds of things.

I hope that we do not just revert to Cordy, Campbell or even Membery, but instead use it to focus on the future.

Why didn't they mention this on the injury list last night, they would of known he was injured.

It harder matters who's called up, we're completely cooked now. Against Sydney I'd rather Cordy and Membrey to insulate the kids from a spanking.

Why didn't they mention this on the injury list last night, they would of known he was injured.
My theory is they didn't get results back in time. They only announced it to the players this morning. The injury report was released late last night (7pmish) so I'd assume they were waiting for scans but didn't get them in time so released report without it

My theory is they didn't get results back in time. They only announced it to the players this morning. The injury report was released late last night (7pmish) so I'd assume they were waiting for scans but didn't get them in time so released report without it
Right they could of put (test) on the list,might something a bit more to it.

Right they could of put (test) on the list,might something a bit more to it.
They wouldn't have known if it was serious enough to be put on the report though. The only info they had at the time would've been that Max was sore, nothing conclusive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It harder matters who's called up, we're completely cooked now. Against Sydney I'd rather Cordy and Membrey to insulate the kids from a spanking.

At this stage of their careers neither Cordy nor Membrey cane relied upon "to insulate the kids from a spanking".

Especially if the Swans midfield is on their game.

Membrey I would have more confidence in, but neither are going to impact in 2025 on.

They wouldn't have known if it was serious enough to be put on the report though. The only info they had at the time would've been that Max was sore, nothing conclusive
I'll read between the lines then, Max is physicaly & mentally shot, he needs a break i understand injury plauged year,sides not going well he needs to just get away and clear his head iv'e got no issues with it.

But to say his injured 3 days after one of his worse games & he's copping heat from the media.

Just come out and say he's in cotton wool until next year.

My team:

Paton, Howard , Webster
Stocker, Wilkie , Bonner
Jones, Ross, Wood
Allison, Butler, Membrey
Hall, Cordy, Membrey

Campbell, Byrnes, Steele.

Clark , Dow, Hotton, McLennon

Apologies to Jimmy, Mason, Dan, Callum , and Jack, but they are tough enough to handle it.
Angus, Mathew , and Ollie, at least you can tell your grandkids you played in an AFL game.

images

Just some more Max King context:

2022: 22 games, 50 goals
2023-2024: 23 games, 47 goals

So some options to replace King;

• Marshall - full time forward and one of Campbell/Heath main ruck?
  • Membrey - would leave us extremely short
  • Sharman - would rather be plays alongside the King replacement
  • Heath
  • Keeler - maybe needs a few more in the VFL since returning from injury
  • Premiership CHF Cordy
  • Howard - did it at Port
  • Battle - could Wilkie, Howard and Arie be fine in defence?
  • Allison - lol

Anyone else?

Maybe we should just throw Allison in and let him sink or swim. At least we can say he had a shot at it before being delisted.

Keeler is probably not ready yet.

Most likely Cordy comes in.

Injuries continue to dictate our season and show how desparate the club are playing injured players. What club that properly diagnoses a player with an injured PCL puts him back out to play the remainder of the game? Thats a distinct breach of their duty of care in my view. The other version is that Max strained the PCL during the first half and playing out the remainder attributed to tearing it. Either way it looks like amatuer hour with the clubs medical team.

Then the coaches decision to send Max back out there with a severely restriced knee and leave the sub - Sharman sitting on the pine? WTF is going on down there, the decision making on player injuires is catastrophic.

In reality losing King for half a season might be a blessing is disguise. Firstly the club will be forced to look at different options and hopefully realise that there is life without Max. Although he has been playing in defence in the VFL I believe its time to throw Isaac Keeler forward and give him the opportunity.

The other option is rotate Marshall and Max Heath through the full forward / rucking role.

What is your preference?

a) pick the best possible team, pragmatic tactics, endure a dour struggle, lose by a few goals?
b) pick the kids, adventurous game plan, get an absolute shall a shellacking, lose by 120 pts?

..and what good will it do the team anyway, now and later?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back