Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re a good, even team Brisbane. Weapons up forward, in the middle, and down back.

When I look at our loss, I think less about Holmes getting injured, and more about the misses. Basically 6 or so fluffed opportunities from 25 metres out or less.

I’m glad Brisbane won. The Sydney love-in would have been a bit much. Heeney was getting blown out of all proportion in the last couple of weeks, he’s really had a bad one too but they certainly didn’t want to mention it during the call. So many clangers early, flopping for frees all game. That’s two pretty poor grand finals from the one they are desperate to annoint as the ‘best player in the game’.

Yep. We had a good year but everything fell our way in the finals and the prelim was nothing other than a disaster.

100 %. And I think it was our last chance to get a flag with this group.

Spent the day at the Royal Melbourne Show
Just about to sit down and watch the replay now

But I know it went just as I expected it too.. massive opportunity lost

And Fort scored a behind not a goal, cost me $750!

Do you remember his 2022 Grand Final call? You would not hear a more disinterested call if you tried! Dunno what was up, because I've heard his call for MMM for the qualifying final vs Collingwood and it was actually really good.

You know, for BT.

That's because his team was right in it until the end. Whereas the Cats had the game in the bag early in the GF and he couldn't actively cheer against us like he always does.

That's because his team was right in it until the end. Whereas the Cats had the game in the bag early in the GF and he couldn't actively cheer against us like he always does.
Exactly. If BT can't be motivated during a Grand Final of all games to be at least SELL the game as a spectacle to us the viewers then he just isn't a good fit for anything except Collingwood broadcasts with Eddie the Head.

Take Anthony Hudson. One-eyed Cat supporter and everyone knows it. But Huddo calls the action like he's invested no matter who is on the field. Dennis Cometti was a legend who made every call exciting.

Mumbling Uninvested Brian, there just to collect his pay, might as well just phone the call in.

Exactly. If BT can't be motivated during a Grand Final of all games to be at least SELL the game as a spectacle to us the viewers then he just isn't a good fit for anything except Collingwood broadcasts with Eddie the Head.

Take Anthony Hudson. One-eyed Cat supporter and everyone knows it. But Huddo calls the action like he's invested no matter who is on the field. Dennis Cometti was a legend who made every call exciting.

Mumbling Uninvested Brian, there just to collect his pay, might as well just phone the call in.

Yeah, all you have to do is think of Nick Davis to remeber how good Huddo is. Imagine BT commentating like that against the Tigers or Pies. Never, ever gonna happen lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like cooking at home over going out to dinner, you just make up for a lack of quality in sheer volume.

Feels like a side which relies on its midfielders kicking goals hit outs kryptonite in a side that flattened them through the middle
Premiers are premiers not sure what you’re getting at ….. excuse city doesn’t work….

Don't think we're even vaguely out of the window. No team is particularly great atm.
Have you watched Brisbane in the last 4 months? Clearly the best team … but say that here and it’s…. Weirdo statement ! Get out of the bubble! Brisbane are the best and it’s a fact! End of conversation!

Everything fell our way until it didn’t. Losing Holmes and effectively Bruhn to injury killed our chances. Add to that Stanley’s knee and Dangerfield being hampered after his back was cannoned into then we did pretty well to take the eventual premier till the last couple of mins to beat us.
add to that 2 momentum killing umpiring decisions that Ray Chamberlain said they got wrong, plus 2 laydown mizare goals fm Stengle and one from Mannagh.

we actually did not hv a great run of the moments. Even Jack Henry just missed clearing the ball from Raynor.

Cookie did not crumble our way

Proud of the boys

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back