Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1997802
According to AFL.com.au we have already opened up a spot for the MSD with Sammy Butler.
Max Hall, he has played really well all season for Box Hill. Over the last 3 or 4 games hasn't really been mentioned in our best players, but clearly was. The same thing happened before Newc was selected and we know Sam seems to like picking up Box Hill players. 22 years old and hard at it.

So I took a look at the list and tried to come up with an U26 team. Im assuming Baz and Battle are joining but Ive left Perryman out, didnt want to be greedy...

Mass, Blanck, Mitchell
Mackenzie, Scrimshaw, Battle
Weddle, Newcombe, CJ
Moore, Dear, McCabe
Watson, Lewis, Ginnivan
Meek, Day, Smith
Cmac, Worpel, Nash, Huss, Ward, Ryan, DGB, Finn

Only Meek, Scrimshaw, Nash and Battle will be 26 by the end of the year.

I know there are coming and goings, ups and downs in form, and picks to come in over the next few year, but at a base look, this is a team that should be absolutely flying in 2028

Its pretty exciting, this is a big off season.

İt's either of Perryman or battle, not both.
I would take Battle ahead of a few players in our team.
I am not sure who Perryman would displace.

He is definitely better than a few now, but I expect those young peripheral players like Mackenzie, Ward, Watson, Macdonald, S.Mitchell et al to improve significantly.

Solid player, free hit.
Not particularly excited about it though.

Durham too

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
The 2021 mid season draft was the draft to pick players who didn’t play in 2020 due to COVID and 2022 was also still a chance to get some players who had not played much due to COVID.

Building a strong team. Makes it possible to lure a superstar or a star. Its always about the team never about the individual. Hawthorn and i have always believed that
No team has had more superstars in the history of the game than our club.
A successful team worth watching needs superstar talents who submit to the 'team-first' ethos.

A bunch of mediocre-good committed players will rarely win a premiership, and when they do it will be dog ugly to watch...like Sydney back in the day. No thanks. I hope we aspire to emulate our history.

Building a strong team. Makes it possible to lure a superstar or a star. Its always about the team never about the individual. Hawthorn and i have always believed that
We have a stack of young players that are going to need pay rises soon. If we pay a couple of players $3.5 mill over 5 years or $4.2 mill over 6 years to get them to join us our “war chest” will quickly disappear.

We have a stack of young players that are going to need pay rises soon. If we pay a couple of players $3.5 mill over 5 years or $4.2 mill over 6 years to get them to join us our “war chest” will quickly disappear.
Can we not just front end contracts while our books have lots of space? If we have to low ball a younger player who is worse than an established player does it really matter if they get squeezed out?

A lot of people are underestimating Sicily as a forward.

He would be a top 5 KPF if he played there permanently.
No you are drastically drastically overrating Sicily the forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

İf people are expecting all of Smith, battle and Perryman to be at Hawthorn next year then we also need to accept that a fair few players will look to go elsewhere which would suit us as the tpp will be stretched in a couple of years and also factor in the fact that we STİLL need to be active with the draft from 2024 all the way through 2027!! What does this mean?
İt means that if we're going to go for broke with as many FA's and an established star this off season, then our list management team has put a cross against a few names going frwd.
I still am of the belief that the Dogs won't just accept future first for baismith.

I'm very wary of picking up Giants discards, that's what immediately comes to mind with this one
He is a very good player and they offered him 5 years, that is not a discard.

Why would the Dogs trade Smith for a future 1st? Would you trade Will Day to Adelaide for a future 1st if he wanted to go home?
What else do you do when the player is OOC, wants to leave? Smith's value is somwhere in that 8-14 range. Our future first would most likely sit somewhere inside that and they could hope we have another down year.

Hardly like we are trying to bend them over. Similar to how they got Dawson from the Swans, when a player is OOC you just have very little leverage.

What else do you do when the player is OOC, wants to leave? Smith's value is somwhere in that 8-14 range. Our future first would most likely sit somewhere inside that and they could hope we have another down year.

Hardly like we are trying to bend them over. Similar to how they got Dawson from the Swans, when a player is OOC you just have very little leverage.
It will be our first this year if Smith wants us.

No team has had more superstars in the history of the game than our club.
A successful team worth watching needs superstar talents who submit to the 'team-first' ethos.

A bunch of mediocre-good committed players will rarely win a premiership, and when they do it will be dog ugly to watch...like Sydney back in the day. No thanks. I hope we aspire to emulate our history.
Lol a premiership is a premiership. I dont need them looking good while doing it. Its the cup that matters nothing else. If we grind our way to it then so be it wont change anything in the history books. By the way we have a few superstar / stars already on the books they are just young

Lol a premiership is a premiership. I dont need them looking good while doing it. Its the cup that matters nothing else. If we grind our way to it then so be it wont change anything in the history books. By the way we have a few superstar / stars already on the books they are just young

I do agree with you only question I have is does a team that doesn’t have a lot of superstars win more then one flag, or do they just kind of pinch one like the Dogs of 2016.

By winning one then go back to the pack.

But Yes a premiership is a Premiership you take any, just hopefully IF we win won with this group it’s more then one, wouldn’t it be great if Hawthorn can get most premierships in the VFL/AFL..

We are only 3 off at the moment.

Why would the Dogs trade Smith for a future 1st? Would you trade Will Day to Adelaide for a future 1st if he wanted to go home?
Day isn't OOC

You have minimal leverage when a player is OOC
Pretty simple

Smith also coming off an ACL

People bitched about the Brockman deal,
You argue
You Settle for what's offered
Once he nominates, hard to go anywhere else

It will be our first this year if Smith wants us.
That depends where our first falls, if it falls in the top 3 or so i highly highly doubt it. If it falls in the 8-10 it is more likely.

Probably wouldn't get too excited about Perryman anyway.

A GWS academy kid who is in their leadership group and a best 22 player for a side who should be competing for flags for the next 5 years.

I'll be surprised if he leaves.
Did someone say ambassador payments?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back