Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

After our next 5 games it will be in range I think.

GWS - Tassie
Richmond - MCG
WC - Perth
Geelong - Cattery
Freo - Tassie

On today’s form we should win at least 3 of them.
Which 2 do you not see us winning.
I think we could & should win all

Likely Pick 5-9 so it's well overs.

I'd want a couple of favourable Pick Slides as well:
2024 Footstink 3rd for our 4th, &,
2025 Footstink 2nd for our 3rd
I disagree.

If we keep it up and end up with pick 9 or 10. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

We need Smith and speed in the middle. We don't need any more young, speculative midfielders

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I disagree.

If we keep it up and end up with pick 9 or 10. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

We need Smith and speed in the middle. We don't need any more young, speculative midfielders

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Exactly, people are spooked by Omerea but paying up big to land a gun player wasn't the issue the issue was the quality of player no offense to Omerea who busted his arse for the club. If Smith can get back to his 2022 form then Pick whatever is worth it.

Day, Newcombe, Mackenzie, Smith, Worpel and Nash is a solid midfield core.

Im sure the club has a strategy in regards to how many first rounders they want to take before targeting trades/FAs but, with this emergence of Calsher looking like a extra first rounder I wonder if we now feel like we can offer up our first rounder this year for B Smith?

Having two AFL quality rucks on the list is really nice but this is the kind of situation where the second in line could potentially look elsewhere for opportunity. Does anyone think Reeves could potentially explore his options? And if so, what’s he worth?

Could leave us a little light on for depth rucks too I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After our next 5 games it will be in range I think.

GWS - Tassie
Richmond - MCG
WC - Perth
Geelong - Cattery
Freo - Tassie

On today’s form we should win at least 3 of them.
I'm interested to see how we go against Freo. We are their bunnies at the moment.

Just a quality reminder this week about meaningless wins. We beat Gold Coast in the last round and dropped a couple of picks in the draft. Guess what we got Dylan Moore and our pick. Wins are more important to teams then any draft pick.

Hawthorn play to win. It's part of our DNA.

Everything else takes care of itself

Just a quality reminder this week about meaningless wins. We beat Gold Coast in the last round and dropped a couple of picks in the draft. Guess what we got Dylan Moore and our pick. Wins are more important to teams then any draft pick.

No point worrying about meaningless wins now. We're well and truly out of contention for high picks.

We now attack FAs and draft what we can and continue to rise up the ladder.

Exactly right. Every win is an advertisement to a potential trade/FA target. No one is requesting a trade to North next year. Watch at least two or three quality players ask to come to us.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Reckon North might have a different outlook on this discussion when watching Reid do what he's doing.

Reckon North might have a different outlook on this discussion when watching Reid do what he's doing.

They have enough young talent as it is though - Reid wouldn’t change a thing for them at present. Now that it’s healthier you’d take West Coast’s list every day of the week, regardless of Reid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back