Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Battle for us. Has the body size and shape to play either forward or back for us and looks like the real honest/reliable type that would fit in well for us.

Provides depth similar to Himmelberg at GWS in that he can play both forward and back. As an individual not a world beater, still very solid (and Saints would hate to lose him) and having him would allow our elite flankers to do their roles and stay in their preferred positions. I think we can get by next year without him, but he would make our key position depth chart closer to a finals standard side.

Last edited:

He’d be their best player already

Yes but that would be tallest midget stuff. If Norf had Reid they’d still be winless because their forward line is impotent, they have no decent KPD and Clarkson hasn’t come up with a competent gameplan since Malcolm Turnbull was Prime Minister

Yes but that would be tallest midget stuff. If Norf had Reid they’d still be winless because their forward line is impotent, they have no decent KPD and Clarkson hasn’t come up with a competent gameplan since Malcolm Turnbull was Prime Minister
Perhaps, but they’d be in a better position moving forward with Reid than without him. Not getting him last year was a disaster, whether by winning that last game which achieved nothing or by not using the draft gifts they were given to trade for him.

Im sure the club has a strategy in regards to how many first rounders they want to take before targeting trades/FAs but, with this emergence of Calsher looking like a extra first rounder I wonder if we now feel like we can offer up our first rounder this year for B Smith?
I am very much looking forward to seeing how young McCabe goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I’m itching for an ITK update. In my head I’m convinced Battle and Smith are coming but can’t even remember if this was ITK mail or pure speculation.
Tim Burton Batman GIF

@Keeper_Leaguer

Reckon North might have a different outlook on this discussion when watching Reid do what he's doing.
North were handed pick 3 on a silver platter with the wink wink nudge nudge it would go to west coast and it would be a win win for both clubs. That’s the bigger indictment on North, that they couldn’t even get that right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back