Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got told last night from someone in the know at the Bulldogs - last draft period we offered Bulldogs two first round picks for Smith - presumably last years first and this years first and they knocked it back. He personally wanted them to take the offer and doesn’t think they will get as good an offer this year

I agree, but personally glad we didn’t do this as it would have meant missing out on Watson and this years pick which will probably be top ten again

If Smith does choose us, Bulldogs will ask for the world again - our first pick and something else - either future first or one of our highly rated youngsters. Really rate him but he’s just not worth selling the farm for IMO
Not saying this didn't happen, but i find it hard to believe they knocked back pick 5 last year and a likely top 10 pick this year for Smith. But traded pick 10, 17 and this year's first to move up to pick 6 last year (with some junk picks thrown there way)! Last year they could of had pick 5, 10,17 and then this year their own 1st round pick (let's say around 10-12) and our 1st round pick (around 8-12). If im doing the math right on that, that would off essentially been pick 5 (ours, pick 10 and 17 (theirs) and potentially 2 x top 10 picks this year they could off had for just Smith!

There recruiting guy should be sacked if that's the case.

I'd be open to next years 1st rounder and say a Ward, DGB or even a Worpel and an F2. He's coming off an ACL and hasn't played for 18 months.
No chance I would want to loose Worpel. We've put all the development into this beast. He is toying every opposition has become a clearance king.
He stays in Brown and Gold for me, and is one of the biggest cog in our next decade of dominance

Not saying this didn't happen, but i find it hard to believe they knocked back pick 5 last year and a likely top 10 pick this year for Smith. But traded pick 10, 17 and this year's first to move up to pick 6 last year (with some junk picks thrown there way)! Last year they could of had pick 5, 10,17 and then this year their own 1st round pick (let's say around 10-12) and our 1st round pick (around 8-12). If im doing the math right on that, that would off essentially been pick 5 (ours, pick 10 and 17 (theirs) and potentially 2 x top 10 picks this year they could off had for just Smith!

I hear you - I actually told him that I find it very hard to believe that the Bulldogs would have knocked back our two firsts - still do actually. He was adamant that the offer was made and is very well connected within the club

We were never trading our first pick last year. It was always Watson or trading up for Reid. ITKs were consistent on that and it matched up with what was being leaked during our negotiations with WCE, and ultimately what ended up happening.

If there were 2x first rounders on the table then they were coming from elsewhere. Likely our future first being split.

I hear you - I actually told him that I find it very hard to believe that the Bulldogs would have knocked back our two firsts - still do actually. He was adamant that the offer was made and is very well connected within the club

Dogs did this with Dunkley and Lions as well, then took less the following year after a lot of whinging.

Will happen with Bailey to I am sure.

I'd be open to next years 1st rounder and say a Ward, DGB or even a Worpel and an F2. He's coming off an ACL and hasn't played for 18 months.

What The Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Found Sam Power’s burner account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the decision of their List Manager.

We were never trading our first pick last year. It was always Watson or trading up for Reid. ITKs were consistent on that and it matched up with what was being leaked during our negotiations with WCE, and ultimately what ended up happening.

If there were 2x first rounders on the table then they were coming from elsewhere. Likely our future first being split.
Didn’t the Dogs trade multiple picks in last year’s draft to move up to get Watson? Wouldn’t be surprised if there plan was to move Baz back at the time for last years 1st and something else and we told the to stick at and that we’d try our chances when he’s a FA.

That might also explain the reports that he’s leaning towards the Cats.

Why is everyone so keen on bringing in Bailey Smith. Is it purely because of his breakaway speed?

Because he hits targets like Finn Maginness and burns teammates with selfish play often. Also, seems that the games where he chooses to give his all and follow up with 2nd and 3rd efforts are few and far between.

Are we banking on our coaching staff and culture to take his talents and massively upgrade his weaknesses.?

I would not be giving up 2 firsts for him that’s for sure. Def some potential there to add to our side but we can’t be throwing everything at him. Don’t know if he is a match winner, in fact I don’t see him as one.

No chance I would want to loose Worpel. We've put all the development into this beast. He is toying every opposition has become a clearance king.
He stays in Brown and Gold for me, and is one of the biggest cog in our next decade of dominance
Out of curiosity to the people who spell the word lose as loose, how do you spell the word loose?

From Gettable so take with a real grain of salt and then some
  • Beveridge went on a random spiel about DGB's out of contract status but didn't provide any assertion whatsoever
Tbh I'd be loath to move on DGB, but if him and a pick in the teens gets it done I don't think we'd blink twice if there was a little extra coming back.

DGB will be a good player I believe, I truly hope he is for us, but if the Dogs are willing to do something like that our list improves dramatically.

Tbh I'd be loath to move on DGB, but if him and a pick in the teens gets it done I don't think we'd blink twice if there was a little extra coming back.

DGB will be a good player I believe, I truly hope he is for us, but if the Dogs are willing to do something like that our list improves dramatically.

No chance on earth we are getting a pick in the teens for DGB. He’s a 3 round pick at best at this point

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back