Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t go in the water down Geelong way for 10 months of the year, as too cold.

You can if you’re surfing - saw a stack of people doing it down in Ocean Grove this morning and it was 2° at the time. Avid surfers don’t care if it’s cold.

I am greedy give our Hawks all three in Battle, Perryman and Smith. We lack depth and I feel that will be addressed this coming preseason

I watched Perryman closely last night to see what we may get.

Must say I was a bit disappointed. Solid game and tidy player but not sure he moves the needle much for us.

Likely in our best 22 for now and good depth though it really depends on the price.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am greedy give our Hawks all three in Battle, Perryman and Smith. We lack depth and I feel that will be addressed this coming preseason

Watching yesterday’s game I think if we got Smith I’d still go Perryman also, he could be our version of Newman from Carlton.

With a midfield of

Day
Newcombe
Smith
Perryman
Mackenzie
Worpel
Nash
Ward

I watched Perryman closely last night to see what we may get.

Must say I was a bit disappointed. Solid game and tidy player but not sure he moves the needle much for us.

Likely in our best 22 for now and good depth though it really depends on the price.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think many people here would have watched Massimo at Essendon and think he’d move the needle for us either. As it stands - if our recruitment team has identified something he can offer to our side then after recent off seasons I’m going to back them in.

You can if you’re surfing - saw a stack of people doing it down in Ocean Grove this morning and it was 2° at the time. Avid surfers don’t care if it’s cold.
Yeah I know that, I have surfed there a lot. My point was that Smith doesn’t surf, so why would he give a crap about the beaches there. Good swimming beaches all over.

Yeah I know that, I have surfed there a lot. My point was that Smith doesn’t surf, so why would he give a crap about the beaches there. Good swimming beaches all over.

Fair call. I don’t know if he surfs or not but a good chunk of his socials is pictures of him by a beach so clearly he likes being close to the water. Not crazy to think he’d move to the surf coast given that even if he’s not swimming in the water in July.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming we bring in Battle and Perryman, as well as Smith I'm really interested to see who we let go of.
Who has trade value that we'll let go of?

Personally I think Phillips, Stephens and O’Sullivan are gone.

Phillips all heart, just not up to the next level. Battle will take his spot and i assume we hang onto DGB for another year.

Last edited:
Cannot see us hanging onto DGB now.
Only saw the last quarter but he just took two very good game saving marks to basically win the game for Box Hill. There is a player there, just needs some adjustments. Not sure on the rest of his game today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back