Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Houston would immediately be our best running HBF and wingman. But he'd surely cost quite a lot in a fair trade, and Port would ask for more again given they are trying to compete for a top four spot. They can't afford to lose him.
They’d be ok with it at the right price I assure you.
Given his contract that price would be higher than he’s worth.

What's the right price?

And what are these character issues that you're alluding to? If you can elaborate of course, if not then fair enough.
Dan’s not the sort that would buy into our culture that’s for sure. He’s more a selfish character… some say that’s a good thing… with a young group I don’t think he’d be a good fit.
That’s probably the reason he’s not captain or VC of his club right now. Some think his Brownlow antics were funny. Given the club didn’t yet have a new captain and off a deplorable straight sets exit… to act like an absolute twit on national tv didn’t go down well anywhere.

All this talk about players choosing us vs other clubs makes me wonder if anyone at the club has ever thought about increasing our odds by going and getting the best recruitment and talent hunting team in the league? Just go make an offer to Andrew Mackie and his team that he can’t refuse!

All this talk about players choosing us vs other clubs makes me wonder if anyone at the club has ever thought about increasing our odds by going and getting the best recruitment and talent hunting team in the league? Just go make an offer to Andrew Mackie and his team that he can’t refuse!
Its not Mackie you want its whoever is giving out the cheap land down there!

Where is this "cheap land" coming from, and why is it so cheap?
Why would a player want it if it is so cheap?

If it's land being given to players below market value, wtf is donating that kind of money to the club, and why isn't the afl investigating? They literally go through bank accounts belonging to family of players (wives/gfs etc).

All this talk about players choosing us vs other clubs makes me wonder if anyone at the club has ever thought about increasing our odds by going and getting the best recruitment and talent hunting team in the league? Just go make an offer to Andrew Mackie and his team that he can’t refuse

Stephen Wells leads the recruiting down there and he's a genius. Mackie is the list manager.

But it's their development team that should receive the plaudits.

Some think his Brownlow antics were funny. Given the club didn’t yet have a new captain and off a deplorable straight sets exit… to act like an absolute twit on national tv didn’t go down well anywhere.

They were funny.

Bit of straw clutching there IMO.

A player letting their hair down at the Brownlow is about 175th on the list of worrying behaviour (as long as it isn't Fevola levels).

That sits on the level of 'club should cancel Mad Monday because they didn't have a good season'. The players are humans.

I'm not saying you were campaigning for us to pursue Cam Rayner, but having a jolly old laugh immediately after registering 7 disposals in a bitterly disappointing loss to a bottom 4 side is far more egregious behaviour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't understand why people are worried about Nash.
It's not as though he's some hot commodity that teams are clamouring over to get their hands on and Mitchell absolutely loves him and he absolutely loves Mitchell.

If it's not done, it will be.

Yep. No issues here whatsoever.

They were funny.

Bit of straw clutching there IMO.

A player letting their hair down at the Brownlow is about 175th on the list of worrying behaviour (as long as it isn't Fevola levels).

That sits on the level of 'club should cancel Mad Monday because they didn't have a good season'. The players are humans.

I'm not saying you were campaigning for us to pursue Cam Rayner, but having a jolly old laugh immediately after registering 7 disposals in a bitterly disappointing loss to a bottom 4 side is far more egregious behaviour.
Sizzle doesn’t clutch at straws.

Where is this "cheap land" coming from, and why is it so cheap?
Why would a player want it if it is so cheap?

The cheap land is conspiracy-minded Hawthorn supporters who are so kindly letting Geelong live rent free in their head.

I mean, Bowes couldn’t possibly have wanted to join a premiership winning team who had just had a big vacancy open up in their midfield - must have been the land deal. Tanner Bruhn couldn’t have possibly wanted to return home - must have been the land deal. Jeremy Cameron being a country boy couldn’t possibly have wanted to join the only regional Victorian side - must have been the land deal. Dangerfield couldn’t have wanted to return closer to home and play for his boyhood club - must have been the land deal. Bazlenka couldn’t possibly want to join a side close to the ocean, which he clearly loves, in an area where his big corporate gig is located - must be the land deal.

Last edited:
The cheap land is conspiracy-minded Hawthorn supporters who are so kindly letting Geelong live rent free in their head.

I mean, Bowes couldn’t possibly have wanted to join a premiership winning team who had just had a big vacancy open up in their midfield - must have been the land deal. Tanner Bruhn couldn’t have possibly wanted to return home - must have been the land deal. Jeremy Cameron being a country boy couldn’t possibly have wanted to join the only regional Victorian side - must have been the land deal. Dangerfield couldn’t have wanted to return closer to home and play for his boyhood club - must have been the land deal. Bazlenka couldn’t possibly want to join a side close to the ocean, which he clearly loves, in an area where his big corporate gig is located - must be the land deal.
Can we stop this Bailey Smith and love the ocean myth, please? Just because he has long blonde hair doesn't means if surfs.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

Nash has hit a stalemate in contract talks according to Cal Twomey so he did not sign on 6 weeks ago.
I’m calling bullshit.

Nash has hit a stalemate in contract talks according to Cal Twomey so he did not sign on 6 weeks ago.

Meek joined us on a 3 year contract.

Pies are into him I believe. They've had their midfield exposed all year and think he would be a great fit.

I think someone also mentioned earlier this year the Cats were courting him as well.

I hope supporters here stop underrating Nashy. Pies and Cats rarely throw good coin at ordinary players.

Fingers crossed he signs with us. I can't see him going elsewhere.

Can we stop this Bailey Smith and love the ocean myth, please? Just because he has long blonde hair doesn't means if surfs.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

I didn’t say he surfs - but a casual glance at his Instagram shows that he’s pretty bloody fond of being by the water.

no, no, no, Nash definitely signed six week ago but Hawthorn want to keep it a secret. Its all hush hush

LMFAO

Dimma’s 5 year deal was in the media weeks before the club officially announced it. It’s not that unusual for signings to be done and not reported.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back